King of Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

His 3 flag winning Norm Smiths, not likely to happen again in the near future if ever.
3 games 4,5 and 7 years ago.

Games moved on from Dusty being the best player in the league.

Seriously how did he get the nickname? I heard it’s just cause he was religious rather than how good he was.
I think it was because of how much the fans loved him they use to hold up signs with this on it.

You are right that he was a believer in a god though.

It’s Dusty until he retires or somebody beats his records. I think he’s earned that, don’t think anybody took the title off Ali when he was getting belted late in his career.

I know it’s common pre-season crap but apparently he’s breaking all his PBs at training and is in ripping form and apparently pretty much playing exclusively mid this year. So I smell some possible AA team selections.
Comparing Dustin Martin to Muhammad Ali…..:drunk:
Now I’ve heard it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Armstrong

Jordan de Goey has surpassed Dusty on 2023 form.

Seriously how did he get the nickname? I heard it’s just cause he was religious rather than how good he was.
WIKIPEDIA SAYS - In 1986, Ablett became a born-again Christian and has been said to be slightly aggrieved at constantly being referred to as "God" by fans, a nickname based on his supreme football abilities.

WIKIPEDIA SAYS - In 1986, Ablett became a born-again Christian and has been said to be slightly aggrieved at constantly being referred to as "God" by fans, a nickname based on his supreme football abilities.
Oh, that’s fair enough he doesn’t like it. I wouldn’t like it either, it’s a little cheesy when your aren’t the best.

Oh, that’s fair enough he doesn’t like it. I wouldn’t like it either, it’s a little cheesy when your aren’t the best.
Did you see him play? Best player I have ever seen. And he did it for well over a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back