King of Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

You gotta wait for the King to die before appointing a new one. Daicos will have to wait, but even then I’d put Bont first in line.
I see this theory Buddy was the king of the AFL and Martin probably takes that place as biggest name currently playing.

Which one?

His 1 brownlow?
His 4 AA's?
His 2 B&F's?

Record Norm Smiths
Record Gary Ayers Medals
Record Brownlow votes in a season
Record Coaches votes in a season
Only person ever to win a Brownlow, NS and Flag in the the same year (plus everything else)

That enough for you?

I see this theory Buddy was the king of the AFL and Martin probably takes that place as biggest name currently playing.

After GAJ in 2020 it went to Dusty. The best H&A player ever to the best finals player ever. Quite fitting it was also in the same game.

If Buddy didn’t have a 0/6 NS record and 2-4 GF record I’d maybe have considered him. That record is as shocking as you are going to get. He also isn’t a Dynasty player like Dusty either.

Record Norm Smiths
Record Gary Ayers Medals
Record Brownlow votes in a season
Record Coaches votes in a season
Only person ever to win a Brownlow, NS and Flag in the the same year (plus everything else)

That enough for you?
So his season from 7 years ago is your main argument as to why he's still #1?

😳

After GAJ in 2020 it went to Dusty. The best H&A player ever to the best finals player ever. Quite fitting it was also in the same game.

If Buddy didn’t have a 0/6 NS record and 2-4 GF record I’d maybe have considered him. That record is as shocking as you are going to get. He also isn’t a Dynasty player like Dusty either.
He kicked 1000 goals plus in this era, he is the biggest name in AFL since Carey, more kids would of had buddy jumpers than any.
Him and Ablett are the biggest names of the 21st century. Ablett to Buddy to Martin went the batton, there is no clear standout to take the baton other than Daicos in the next couple years when Martin retires.

Mason Redman

He kicked 1000 goals plus in this era, he is the biggest name in AFL since Carey, more kids would of had buddy jumpers than any.
Him and Ablett are the biggest names of the 21st century. Ablett to Buddy to Martin went the batton, there is no clear standout to take the baton other than Daicos in the next couple years when Martin retires.

I beg to differ, he didn’t win as much as Dusty and was part of smaller club. Plus the Buddy retirement highlights are still fresh in your mind. Wait till Dusty gets his.

Idk what King of Victoria means but In terms of who is the hottest name in footy right now you can't go past Daicos, there for he is the King of Victoria.

Last edited:
I'd put Max Gawn in the conversation too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo say its Charlie Curnow, so whatever he says

It’s Dusty until he retires or somebody beats his records. I think he’s earned that, don’t think anybody took the title off Ali when he was getting belted late in his career.

I know it’s common pre-season crap but apparently he’s breaking all his PBs at training and is in ripping form and apparently pretty much playing exclusively mid this year. So I smell some possible AA team selections.
CFL will try to rip him out of Tiger land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back