Toast Charlie 'The King of Princes Park' Curnow - 2022 AFL Coleman Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

I barely watched much Carlton before all of his injuries so I wondered what all the noise was about.

All of my expectations were blown out the water this year. He is a freak.

An unbelievable blunder in the last 90 seconds of the season. Ignores a team mate on the 50m arc unmarked to kick it long, straight back to Collingwood. A mind numbingly stupid error. They were only a point down!!!! He’s cost them finals just as much as Durdin did 30 secs later.
Incredible.

Of course Bigfooty manages to bastardise everyone’s words.

We all know what OP meant.

Relax.

Well I don't think it's crazy when someone says it's the most inspiring story of the year to reply that they think others are?

That doesn't take away from Curnow either.

If you want unadulterated applause I reckon the Carlton board might deliver that.

He's just about my favourite key forward to watch because as others have said, he plays on instinct. Probably equal to Jez Cameron for just doing what feels right.

Awesome and worthy winner, and a great story of maturity too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get around him folks !!!

Biased, but in my opinion he is the most amazing and inspiring story of this season

I know we all want the story to be about our team but there is literally no better story than Paddy McCartin this year

Apparently professionals told him to stop playing, said F U, went up to play state league with his brother for a year and then got picked up after a year.

Gets better, positional shift to a new role never played before and becomes one of the better defenders in the comp
In a side likely to finish top 4.

Now if that ain’t the story of the year then I don’t know what is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad was his game?
If there was a medal for choking then Charlie would have two medals right now.
Awful game but how come no one told him to slow down a little, he was rushing everything the entire game.

The most talented forward in the game and an incredible come back season.

He'll have all summer to think about 2 huge mistakes in the last quarter:

1. The really rushed snap early in the last when killing time, letting his team mates set the zone and catch their breaths and then converting was so important.

2. Burning Durdin and going the long bomb to a pack of Collingwood defenders.

If he comes back next year as not only a proven talent but a leader he can drag Carlton to huge heights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back