Has there ever been a team that plays for frees like Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

this theory about geelong players milking frees and the umps being star struck is just so so stupid beyond belief

for the last two years geelong have been getting more frees than any other side, do you honestly belive that if geelong were getting more free cause they play for them and the umps are star struck that it would of been worked out ?

do you think that if the idea has gone through your minds that it hasnt gone through the minds of those in the umpire department and been looked into ?

I thought Freo got a good deal several times in the last quarter- including Pav's free kick and goal, plus a few tackles and HTB's that weren't paid. But the Kelly decision wasn't great, and overall Geelong had the better of it.

Don't think it made the difference though.

I think it was three goals in Geelongs Favor, Pavlich was out of position but it was a clear freekick.

Was the worst umpired game i have ever seen, they were missing Frees left right and centre, the worst of course being when McPharlin ran down a bloke and it was 100%holding the ball.

Dont tell me we have to once again paste the years free kick stats to show the real figures compared to other teams. Sigh. Can somebody do this for me, just for fun?

Meh....

The best team won on the day and I don't think the umpires contributed to that. There were definitely some terrible decisions that went both ways and being a supporter at the ground I thought every Geelong free was a gross injustice and every one Freo didn't get was horribly biased ;).

Interesting to note that the free kick count was 19 to Geelong and 13 to Fremantle and apparantly according to the West only 9 free kicks were paid in the first half which means 23 were paid in the second half.

Maybe people are just annoyed that nothing was getting paid in the first half and then softer kicks were paid in the second half.

I find it funny that the only people defending Geelong are Geelong supporters and all neutral or Freo players agree with the OP...

There wre some bad decisions through the game and I thought to not ping Kelly in the final 5 minutes was horrible and changed the flow when Geelong went down to get the goal.

That is not quite right, at the point when you posted this not one Freo supporter had posted on this topic, it was just Geelong v Neutral supporters, heck even WC peeps thought we were hard done by.
Most Freo supporters are quite conditioned to the ump bias so don't seem to be as suprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back