Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He was pretty unlucky to miss out on the Norm Smith in 2013, Lake was great but repeat viewings have only served to strengthen my opinion that Gunners was the best player on he ground. Should have been AA in 2014 too but was overlooked. Definitely doesn't have the individual accolades his output has deserved!

If there was ever a case for a drawn Norm Smith, 2013 was it. Gunston’s first quarter set up the win. Lake’s last quarter halted the Freo comeback and iced the game for us. Both were standouts on the day.

What I like is that he plays like he doesn't know how you feel about him!:p
He makes the extra man running downfield and will happily run with it before looking for an option, looks inside for dinky 20m passes to break up the defence......
He's got no shame at all about it.

Love him, ageing and limited overhead spoil and all.

Lol it's hard to be critical of players when you win like today but Chip was very very lucky Hawkins didn't make more of his chances. 9 marks 3 contested and he missed 3 easy shots and 1 absolute sitter, he really has his limitations, I hope we are looking to address the key back problem.

Lol it's hard to be critical of players when you win like today but Chip was very very lucky Hawkins didn't make more of his chances. 9 marks 3 contested and he missed 3 easy shots and 1 absolute sitter, he really has his limitations, I hope we are looking to address the key back problem.

Imagine our current defence (with a fit Sicily) with a Lake-style KPD. It would be crushing opposition forwards.

We had one quick replay of the soft free to Ablett, for front on, but the non paying of the 50 metre gets analysed, and Johno knows exac what Mitch is thinking, and even that he had a couple of looks at the umpire.
After the advantage call last week no one knows whether to stop or not.

I still prefer my thread title hawks end Geelong season then holy floppity. So what if they cry don't worry I have the cradle to rock them to sleep. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter

After the advantage call last week no one knows whether to stop or not.

How was the "no advantage" call in the first? Geelong had like 3 possessions before they got tackled but the ump bought it back. Many boos, but I actually laughed out loud.

The AFL: where you get a different game every week.

I saw what you did Sarah smiles you had the 1st thread but no1 replied to yours then I put up my thread and I had 3 pages up in seconds, you then complained about my title of hawks end Geelongs season being to harsh wow I think you were just jealous because people went to mine instead of yours LoL

I merged the threads. I can’t take credit for the title. That may have been respected moderator and well known cider drinker Gralin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarman Impey. Late in the last quarter with momentum all with Geelong. Eyes only on the footy. He'd know Porkins is coming at the ball full steam. Big, heavy footsteps.

Goes back and with no concern for his safety. Went when it was his turn. Huge moment.

He is 100% Hawthorn now.

If there was ever a case for a drawn Norm Smith, 2013 was it. Gunston’s first quarter set up the win. Lake’s last quarter halted the Freo comeback and iced the game for us. Both were standouts on the day.
Lewis was right in it as well. But at the ground everyone picked Lake before it happened, at the ground his impact was really felt, replays have never done his performance justice.

Man these nail biters are killer. Dont know if the hawks are real deal challengers but we've shown good quarters. Need rough and burgs in each finals game i reckon. On todays game at the pub, geelong supports couldnt believe the leg up they got from the umps. Crazy s**t turns momentum on its head i reckon.

Lewis was right in it as well. But at the ground everyone picked Lake before it happened, at the ground his impact was really felt, replays have never done his performance justice.

Yup, everyone around me at the game all said Lake, as did I. His fourth quarter was absolutely top shelf.

I saw what you did Sarah smiles you had the 1st thread but no1 replied to yours then I put up my thread and I had 3 pages up in seconds, you then complained about my title of hawks end Geelongs season being to harsh wow I think you were just jealous because people went to mine instead of yours LoL
zomg take that sarahsmiles

I know McEvoy is out, Sicily unlikely and Roughy pulled out today. Anyone else likely to come back into your side ?

We’ll probably get Ahern and Brown at the trade table for our 3rd round pick and Dallas Willsmore.

Birchall might come back, I don’t see it though. Howe would be free to play finals but I don’t see who he replaces at present.

FWIW I’d have you in my threadstarter team of the year - you’re awesome.

3 pages in seconds is a great effort, well done.

Good to see you took the high road over it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back