Hawks- Telstra Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me wrong, the AFL made the right decision, infact from a game perspective I would be angry if the Collingwood/Swans game wasn't at the 'G.

I was just arguing your point that we don't draw decent crowds.

I'm a realist, Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon will always get preference over the smaller Victorian clubs because of their size.

Ok, I misunderstood what you were saying. :thumbsu:

I couldn't care less where it's played if it's not at home. Oh yeah by the way your comment you could count our wins at the MCG on one hand since 1988, you could probably count the ammount of times we have played their since 1988 on 2... Big deal its grass and its got sets of sticks down both ends. It's finals.

Since 1998 you've won 5, lost 12 (29%) at the 'G.
Won 17, lost 11 (61%) at TD.

The Dome suits Adelaide and you're getting a great deal. Just admit it.

Since 1998 you've won 5, lost 12 (29%) at the 'G.
Won 17, lost 11 (61%) at TD.

The Dome suits Adelaide and you're getting a great deal. Just admit it.

On the flip side...if we beat Adelaide, we play Kangaroos/Geelong away at home.

For every piece of bad luck, you get a piece of good luck, if we're good enough we'll win...if not, there is always next season.

Irrelevent. We came 5th you came 6th?? Going buy that Collingwoos should play every game every year at the G coz that would draw the biggest crowd.

Thats is correct.. The hawks have a home state final. Not unless you want you final played in Tazzie - Which is on of your home ground...

Just cop it on the chin and stop whinging because it's no big deal. A Football ground is a Football ground. If were good enough our team will go out their on Saturday and beat the Crows and if we lose it will not be because we played at the Telstra Dome and not at the MCG, it will be because we werent good enough. You can look at all the stats you want they have no relivance to this match. This is a whole different ball game, It's Finals Footy. Just be gald were back there.

CARN THE HAWKS!!!

haha eddie wouldn't really go all crazy if it was at the dome, afl gets the gate money. and we dont get spoon feed by the afl, your joking right. i'll bet your gonna bring up the draw now"oh look at the pies they got a free ride, when your club has as many hall mark games as the pies you can have a nice run. the draw is done via allocation software, its not our fault we got it nice, and teams went downhill. back to the point" what you scared of losing to the crows? are you that insecure? you'd probably get stage fright at the MCG anyway.
seriously hawks is that your excuse for everything "its collingwood's fault, its eddies fault, the afl love the pies" appologies to any level minded hawks fans i have targeted here. i dont go round stereotyping an entire organization like some of us

You can look at all the stats you want they have no relivance to this match.

Can't agree. Adelaide should enter the match with a very positive mindset playing at TD where they have a better record than any club bar Essendon. It's like a home away from home.

This from the club that admits it can't get a decent crowd against the interstate teams and plays them in Tassie.

If Hawthorn and Essendon have had to play finals at Telstra Dome, so should Collingwood. I couldn't give a toss if they have to turn away 20,000 scum.

I couldn't care less where in Victoria it's played and neither should anyone else.

yeah lets go play it a Deakin reserve in Shepparton :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to our home Final at Telsta Dome can someone please give me a valid argument how this is fair? Is sport meant to be a buisiness? No so financially it should not matter about the pies drawing a bigger crowd. We finished 5th and they finished 6th end of story.. Either the AFL should have made time for 3 MCG finals or the lowest placed team played at Telstra dome.. No one can say that this is fair, what they have done, it is black and white that it isn't.

Completely agree.

Although your question about is sport meant to be a business, to which you answered no, is incorrect.

The AFL is purely a business, and sadly the club are purely revenue streams.

The competition aspect of footy died some time ago.

The Saints played a home final at our opponents home ground last year.

The year before we earnt a 'home' final and played Sydney at a ground that they had played at more than us.

It's not a competition anymore. It's an entertainment business designed to make people wealthy.

This is why I have minimal interest in it anymore.

Follow local footy - the passion and competition still exists.

If Hawthorn and Essendon have had to play finals at Telstra Dome, so should Collingwood. I couldn't give a toss if they have to turn away 20,000 scum.

It is not up to YOU... The AFL has the final Say.... Try to understand it is not that hard...

Geelong finished on top and they aren't playing at their home ground either??
Get over in Hodgey, the Hawks are going nowhere anyway!!

However all interstate clubs get their home finals at their legitimate home grounds - and in almost every case against legitimate away teams too.

Farcical.

I'm amazed people still follow the AFL.

Yeah and the AFL are never wrong. :rolleyes:

Who the hell are you, Gomez himself??

I am not saying the AFL is never wrong.. -
The Fact is - You get a home STATE final, not a home ground final. - Not hard to understand that rule. :rolleyes:

You have already lost the arguement by resorting to name calling... Try to argue the point.... If you can... :rolleyes:

In regards to our home Final at Telsta Dome can someone please give me a valid argument how this is fair? Is sport meant to be a buisiness? No so financially it should not matter about the pies drawing a bigger crowd. We finished 5th and they finished 6th end of story.. Either the AFL should have made time for 3 MCG finals or the lowest placed team played at Telstra dome.. No one can say that this is fair, what they have done, it is black and white that it isn't.

Is it fair that Geelong have to play at the MCG and not Skilled Stadium?

We have won 4 of 5 there this year. It doesnt worry me.

Good to see some common sense from a Hawk supporter:thumbsu:

Cant see what all the fuss is about really, if you`re good enough you`ll win anywhere - especially against a team that had to win its last 2 games just to scrape into 8th spot!

At least the food would be affordable

Parking sucks though.:D

Apart from commiting to scedule the highest placed team in their home state the AFL schedules finals wherever they want.

If you want to play finals at the MCG increase your membership and support base, simple as that.

If the government did the right thing and curtailed the spending habits of those on welfare, you guys wouldn't have enough members to play a final at Victoria Park let alone the MCG. It isn't Hawthorn's fault that you dole bludging Collingwood ferals buy memberships with your Centrelink payments instead of feeding your illegitimate children.

Our home ground is the MCG which we share with you (and others). We finished 5th, you guys 6th....so the reality is that we are more deserving of an MCG final in week one than you guys. The AFL is a rort and Demetriou is a disgrace. I am ashamed that he ever wore the brown and gold.

If the government did the right thing and curtailed the spending habits of those on welfare, you guys wouldn't have enough members to play a final at Victoria Park let alone the MCG. It isn't Hawthorn's fault that you dole bludging Collingwood ferals buy memberships with your Centrelink payments instead of feeding your illegitimate children.

Our home ground is the MCG which we share with you (and others). We finished 5th, you guys 6th....so the reality is that we are more deserving of an MCG final in week one than you guys. The AFL is a rort and Demetriou is a disgrace. I am ashamed that he ever wore the brown and gold.

Well said... Forget what the AFL have stated Re - A home state Final. Not home ground final. Yet you blame Collingwood not the AFL.

Once you resort to name calling - you lose your arguement....

Yet the dole bludging Collingwood ferals, have it all over you mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back