the baby hawks are hell impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Serong had more clearances than day and duke combined.
Duke didn’t get 1 stoppage clearance for the day.
Top 4 clearance players/ age
Serong 22 young 22 AB 23 Treacy 21
Ave age 22
Day 22 Nash 25 reeves 24 worple 24
Ave age 23.7

Start midfield/ age
Jackson 21 AB 23 serong 22 young 22
Ave 22
Reeves 24 worple 24 day 22 ward 20
Ave 22.5
Removing Newcombe from the midfield because he didn’t get an arbitrary number of clearances on the day is a cool game to play.

Cats went 11 spots lower and won 7 less games
View attachment 1794239

They also had the oldest list in football and were expected to decline.

You jokers were allegedly on the up...but yet again, the Fremantle Frauds f***ed it all up.

Oh yeah, and the Cats also won a flag. When will Fremantle win a flag? 30 years and counting.

Think About It GIF by Identity

They also had the oldest list in football and were expected to decline.

You jokers were allegedly on the up...but yet again, the Fremantle Frauds f***ed it all up.

Oh yeah, and the Cats also won a flag. When will Fremantle win a flag? 30 years and counting.

Think About It GIF by Identity
I was nearly going to add we have never won a flag to the btm of my post because I knew it was coming.
I just used the same numbers as you no smoke and mirrors.
I have no bad words about the hawks to fire back and love what there doing.
Watching them at the g Sam have them taking on the game which in the longer term will pay dividends

I was nearly going to add we have never won a flag to the btm of my post because I knew it was coming.
I just used the same numbers as you no smoke and mirrors.
I have no bad words about the hawks to fire back and love what there doing.
Watching them at the g Sam have them taking on the game which in the longer term will pay dividends

It's only smoke and mirrors if you leave out context. Hence I added context.

I expect Fremantle will come good next season but they were terrible this year and don't get the same latitude Geelong does for reasons above.

As for the Hawks, I like what I am seeing. But much like Fremantle this season, one swallow and all that...

It's only smoke and mirrors if you leave out context. Hence I added context.

I expect Fremantle will come good next season but they were terrible this year and don't get the same latitude Geelong does for reasons above.

As for the Hawks, I like what I am seeing. But much like Fremantle this season, one swallow and all that...
I think people just misread the situation with freo me included to a point.
We started the season with our three tall fwds being 19,20,21 years of age is it realistic to expect them to power us into the top 4 (hint look at the age of fwd talls of the top 4).

Pundits who are il informed are never wrong they just put the blame on the club

We started the season with our three tall fwds being 19,20,21 years of age is it realistic to expect them to power us into the top 4 (hint look at the age of fwd talls of the top 4).

Freo's young core had pretty much all hit 50+ games, coming off a finals appearance where you narrowly missed the top 4, traded away significant draft capital for a young exciting star, added in a mature bodied mid to help lighten the load.

People had high expectations because they rated the list, that is not a list profile you expect to drastically fall off. I am not sure why you seem so upset about people rating the list profile coming in to this season. Maybe they got it a bit wrong, but it can't be argued in anyway that it wasn't a disappointing season from Freo.

You also finished 9 spots lower and won 5 less game than last season.

Freo were the biggest disappointment of 2023. And it's not even close.

The reigning premiers fell to 12th.

Freo faltering actually didn't surprise me. Had some new faces in important positions. Probably just need a bit more time to gel and develop together.

Freo forward 6 as named in the final against Collingwood last year - Amiss, Lobb, Walters, Schulz, Switkowski, Chapman.

With the exception of Lobb, how is it materially different this season? Genuine question.

Freo forward 6 as named in the final against Collingwood last year - Amiss, Lobb, Walters, Schulz, Switkowski, Chapman.

With the exception of Lobb, how is it materially different this season? Genuine question.

Yep crazy how last year they were telling us Lobb wasn’t going to be a massive loss and that Jackson could cover his scoring relatively easily. 12 months later its “wait until Amiss and Treacy are 25, what else did you expect”

It’s more likely that Freo have returned to their level this year after one out of the box in 2022. Though I expect they steadily improve from 2024 onwards provided they make reasonable list management decisions.

Freo's young core had pretty much all hit 50+ games, coming off a finals appearance where you narrowly missed the top 4, traded away significant draft capital for a young exciting star, added in a mature bodied mid to help lighten the load.

People had high expectations because they rated the list, that is not a list profile you expect to drastically fall off. I am not sure why you seem so upset about people rating the list profile coming in to this season. Maybe they got it a bit wrong, but it can't be argued in anyway that it wasn't a disappointing season from Freo.
I’m not arguing whether we were disappointing or not, we were.
I’m only arguing the discrepancy in peoples logic.
10 win season ( which puts you just outside the 8 some years )
Rd 24 we had 9 of 23 under 50 games
I’m very happy with our talent and our direction.
This year we rebuilt our depth, scored 100+ 3 consecutive weeks for the first time in 10 years and had 5 players kick 22+goals ( dockers leading goal kicker in 2018 kicked 22)

Hawks and dockers btm 2 for age and experience this year and whilst the results didn’t happen the years of both clubs was very valuable for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep crazy how last year they were telling us Lobb wasn’t going to be a massive loss and that Jackson could cover his scoring relatively easily. 12 months later its “wait until Amiss and Treacy are 25, what else did you expect”

It’s more likely that Freo have returned to their level this year after one out of the box in 2022. Though I expect they steadily improve from 2024 onwards provided they make reasonable list management decisions.
We replaced lobb easy it was us thinking mundy was replaceable that was pie in the sky!

Meh ,hawks barely younger and less experienced than freo and our teams already played and won a final not to mention pantsed Sammy’s hawks every time we’ve played them (definitely our bitches these days)

Should improve next year but not enough elite talent /draft busts (DGB) to bother the other up and coming sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back