Opinion Is there a possibility of 'Tanking' in the West Coast vs Hawks game or are those days behind us?

Is there a possibility of 'Tanking' in the West Coast vs Hawks game or are those days behind us?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t get upset, I am just reiterating what I heard. You’d have to genuinely think whether it’s a good move picking him, if you don’t improve much you can see the writing on the wall. Kids these days are a total flight risk.

Get 2-3 WA top ranked kids on a list that is crying out for depth, when there’s still an exodus of 30+ year olds to leave

Or

1 Vic kid

I know what I’d take as West Coast

Oh tanking was definitely a relevant factor in the outcome of this match. I hope someone opens another thread about this important issue.

Get 2-3 WA top ranked kids on a list that is crying out for depth, when there’s still an exodus of 30+ year olds to leave

Or

1 Vic kid

I know what I’d take as West Coast
There’s no way the Eagles risk Reid. Unless draftees are tied into 5 year deals they can pretty much leave like JHF did. You just know that after 2 years that Carlton will offer 800k for 5 years.

Eagles are definitely not tanking with all their injuries.At the moment with only about 26 to pick from you have to play players who most probably will be delisted at the end of the year.We couldn't even drop Jack Darling who was out of sorts but now injured.The hope is we will improve after the bye with hopefully a few senior players back from injury.Also will be looking forward to seeing Hewett,Long,Burgiel,Bazzo,Chesser,Hough get some games in the back half of the year as that is our future.
Agree 👍.

Eagles are down to 26 or so fit players. So out of a list of 44 players, 18 are injured.

If the eagles had 34-36 players available, they would be more competitive.

The eagles bye is round 15. That can't come soon enough for them.

They have some winnable home games from round 16 onwards

Sounds like a lot of excuses...

You still had the same talented players on your list who were good enough to win finals in 2020 and 2022

How come they couldn't be arsed trying in 2021 when things went sour? You do realise this is the actual definition of tanking?

e.g. Nick Kyrgios, good enough to make the final of any tournament he enters... But he wakes up one day with a hangover, or just isn't feeling it for some reason... Loses the first set against some journeyman no-hoper in the 1st round... Gets a few bad line calls... Argues with the umpire... argues with the crowd... and then doesn't give a rat's arse, quits running, tries to lace winners with every forehand, serves double faults and loses 0-6 in the final set.

That's tanking.

Which is what Collingwood did in 2021.

It's not tanking when a crappy tennis player loses in straight sets or when a crappy football team loses and finishes down in the cellar. That's just being bad. There's nothing manufactured about it. People keep saying that us trading Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara means we're tanking, but we had the worst midfield in the AFL last year with those two. Our midfield is better this year with the young blokes in the guts. We're just a really bad team right now. Everyone has seen this coming for a long time and predicted us spooners every year for the past 3 seasons. Our current level of mediocrity is due to 10 years of bad recruiting. It's not the result of us trading 2 ageing, ineffective midfield plodders.
Pie had no incentive to tank in the way you describe . IIRC they had no first round pick so they had no way to get in front of a daicos bid.

Back