Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the Hamish mail from last night, the JOM/Cogs Macelleria partnership detailed on 3aw or the word "Hawthorn" at all in any of Tom's musings.

It's almost like they need to pad the story out for a few weeks.
They probably think they're punishing us by leaving us out because we give them nothing to go on.

You give us nothing? You virtually don't exist!

Childish....

Their best players were Murphy, kreuz, casboult. Other than Walsh, McKay(ML equally as good), C. Curnow I think their kids are average.

I’ve probably missed someone but off the top of my head that’s all I could think of.

Their best players were Murphy, kreuz, casboult. Other than Walsh, McKay(ML equally as good), C. Curnow I think their kids are average.

I’ve probably missed someone but off the top of my head that’s all I could think of.
there's Cripps Weitering and a few more also ...they have a very good batch of about 7/8 youngsters but list falls away after that, excluding the veterans you mentioned + Docharty who's done 2 knees

Carlton have been “coming for 5 years”

They have had more number 1 picks than the Beatles over the journey. You would hope they are coming at some stage.

How about everyone take a break from the predictions of a dynasty waiting to happen and actually let them win 12 games and make the finals for once.

The chat and hype about Carlton for a side who has sacked the coach and appointed a rookie is staggering.

If Patty Cripps became Patty Crippled for an extended period then it all could just completely blow up.

They have had more number 1 picks than the Beatles over the journey. You would hope they are coming at some stage.

How about everyone take a break from the predictions of a dynasty waiting to happen and actually let them win 12 games and make the finals for once.

The chat and hype about Carlton for a side who has sacked the coach and appointed a rookie is staggering.

If Patty Cripps became Patty Crippled for an extended period then it all could just completely blow up.

Lets not get silly now, The Beatles had 20 odd number one hits.

Oh that's right, Carlton are still together aren't they, still plenty of time for them to catch up! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Rocky Raccoon, Yoko Ono, Jude
HB: Bungalow Bill, Prudence, Eleanor Rigby
C: The Egg Man, The Walrus, Lady Madonna
HF: Mister Mustard, Maxwell, Polythene Pam
F: Sergeant Pepper (C), Desmond Jones, Molly Jones
Foll: Jojo, Father McKenzie, Michelle
Inter: Nowhere Man, Sexy Sadie, Tchaikovsky, Harold Wilson

Coach: Mark Chapman

I wouldn't mind that.

They have Kreuzer Murphy and Walsh as number ones.

We've got Jaegar, Scully and potentially Patton.

We'll be as stacked as them for draft numbers, which is all anyone cares about really.

They have Kreuzer Murphy and Walsh as number ones.

We've got Jaegar, Scully and potentially Patton.

We'll be as stacked as them for draft numbers, which is all anyone cares about really.

Weitering.

In the past they also had Gibbs.

Might be a better exercise in seeing how many first rounders they have on their list compared to us.

there's Cripps Weitering and a few more also ...they have a very good batch of about 7/8 youngsters but list falls away after that, excluding the veterans you mentioned + Docharty who's done 2 knees

Yeah Cripps is good. Weitering ok.

SPS, Dow, and all these other first rounders have shown not much to suggest they’ll be A grade.

B: Rocky Raccoon, Yoko Ono, Jude
HB: Bungalow Bill, Prudence, Eleanor Rigby
C: The Egg Man, The Walrus, Lady Madonna
HF: Mister Mustard, Maxwell, Polythene Pam
F: Sergeant Pepper (C), Desmond Jones, Molly Jones
Foll: Jojo, Father McKenzie, Michelle
Inter: Nowhere Man, Sexy Sadie, Tchaikovsky, Harold Wilson

Coach: Mark Chapman

Is maxwell out of the slammer yet? Mean dude

Wasn't Jaeger some strange preseason thing?

Mini-draft. Held before the main draft. Jaeger would have likely gone 1 in the main draft such were the wraps on him.

Anyway, here's what I think:

1. Coniglio will be under AFL pressure to stay, but will pick Hawthorn anyway.
Why do I think that? Because Carlton went all out to get the assets that would make them a destination club (Wrighty, Russell, Clarko) and only got 1 of 3. They're trying to get what we already have and free agents will know that. The board wasn't unanimous on Teague. He was part of the problem. Has been part of Bolton's coaching panel for 2 years and he doesn't know what success is (hasn't been inside a successful club, ever).

2. Patton will come. This is part of the Coniglio thing in a few ways. a) it relieves GWS of a salary cap liability. b) it's another friend of Coniglio that will come. c) Hawthorn will make sure we look after GWS if we're getting Cogs. We don't bend clubs over even when the rules say we can. (We paid Frawley enough in the first year for Melbourne to get pick 3, for example). See how Richmond looked after GC for the Tom Lynch scenario. We'll do something similar.

3. There will be a shock departure. (different thread). I don't know who - but I just expect it based on Kennett's letter.

4. We'll pick up 2 role players. One via trade and one via DFA. We pretty much always do.

I almost want to see Cogs stay at GWS to see what kind of plan B we can pull out of our hat. I expect it would be Whitfield, but who knows?

Anyway, here's what I think:

1. Coniglio will be under AFL pressure to stay, but will pick Hawthorn anyway.
Why do I think that? Because Carlton went all out to get the assets that would make them a destination club (Wrighty, Russell, Clarko) and only got 1 of 3. They're trying to get what we already have and free agents will know that. The board wasn't unanimous on Teague. He was part of the problem. Has been part of Bolton's coaching panel for 2 years and he doesn't know what success is (hasn't been inside a successful club, ever).

2. Patton will come. This is part of the Coniglio thing in a few ways. a) it relieves GWS of a salary cap liability. b) it's another friend of Coniglio that will come. c) Hawthorn will make sure we look after GWS if we're getting Cogs. We don't bend clubs over even when the rules say we can. (We paid Frawley enough in the first year for Melbourne to get pick 3, for example). See how Richmond looked after GC for the Tom Lynch scenario. We'll do something similar.

3. There will be a shock departure. (different thread). I don't know who - but I just expect it based on Kennett's letter.

4. We'll pick up 2 role players. One via trade and one via DFA. We pretty much always do.

I almost want to see Cogs stay at GWS to see what kind of plan B we can pull out of our hat. I expect it would be Whitfield, but who knows?

Teague was a coach at West Coast who I would think are a very successful club for a long time.. Teague irritates me already, but I think he’s done a fair apprenticeship and learned enough to be a decent coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back