Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does yesterday make the giants re-evaluate their priority players to keep i.e. whitfield was sorely missed and showed that he may be more important than cogs/kelly individually

Does yesterday make the giants re-evaluate their priority players to keep i.e. whitfield was sorely missed and showed that he may be more important than cogs/kelly individually
I don't think so. Coniglio apparently playing with a hand injury last few weeks which has effected his output. Had he been out and Whitfield been playing through his corky injury instead then the result could have just as easily been the same.

They'll still be putting 100% effort into keeping both.

I don't think so. Coniglio apparently playing with a hand injury last few weeks which has effected his output. Had he been out and Whitfield been playing through his corky injury instead then the result could have just as easily been the same.

They'll still be putting 100% effort into keeping both.
as far as im concerned a dislocated pinkie is a pretty weak excuse for bad form

Someone mentioned last week that things are never as good or as bad as they seem and I think it's important to remember that GWS were far from their best yesterday. Kelly (Adductor), Cogs (dislocated pinkie) and Davis aren't 100% and one could argue that Whitfield has been their best player yesterday. They were also missing Mumford, Kennedy and Corr. It shouldn't take anything away from our victory yesterday but it is highly important to remember those things and yes we had some huge outs too but I think we should just bag the win and move on.

Answering your question about GWS re-evaluating who their priority players I don't think one disappointing loss would change any of their think whatsoever but the important thing IMO is it confirms to Coniglio that we have plenty of upside and the best coach in the business. I reckon Whitfield would've been sitting at home too going screw Leon Cameron I wanna play for Clarko. It sucked that we only had 14k fans turn up to the G but that would've felt like a sell out to the GWS players :)

as far as im concerned a dislocated pinkie is a pretty weak excuse for bad form
Maybe so, but his strength comes from his clean, one-touch skills and so any sort of injury like that affects his ability to handle the ball cleanly is going to have an impact on his performance.

Also consider he might have been experiencing a severe case of butterflies playing so close to O'Meara all day.

Facebook Hawks fan page today saying Jenkins is done.
Not exactly. It reads like speculative Facebook rubbish.

JOSH JENKINS TO HAWKS?!?

I have some form on inside intel that says Adelaide’s Josh Jenkins will be a Hawk in 2020.

Josh Jenkins is visibly unhappy with his role (currently can’t fit in their AFL side) and is exploring further options, there’s no secret that this may be Roughy’s last year, and we’ve spent time looking at numerous alternatives.

However, I’m hearing Jenkins is our man.“

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins is THE definition of a tall front running squib. There is little value in bringing him to the club. If we are looking for tall forwards, we need them to be able to get to a contest, and also raise their arms above their head to try and take an overhead mark. Neither of which you can associate with Jenkins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back