AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

So Hawks flew Curtin over today for a chat. It seems a bit fishy to me. They could have just zoomed him, instead they make a public display of it, and commit needless environmental vandalism.

Here's my wild theory. Hawthorn want Duursma bad, and so do Melbourne. They think North want Curtin and may trade with Melbourne and try and take him at 6. If they can bluff North into taking Curtin at 3 instead of trading, they get Duursma.

AmIright?
Obviously we are all just guessing, but maybe they thought NM were taking Curtin so they were not as invested but now maybe they think he might be available at our pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 39 bid (With Jiath on the board still)

Bid on Harvey Johnston - GWS Match

Offer hawks pick 40 + F2 for there F1

Means they get a player at 40 and T.Jiath for free (As they can match anything after 40)
Throw in your F1, Archie Perkins, and Jobe Watson's tiny medal no one seems to know how he won, and we'll think about it. Otherwise, that's a terrible trade.

Throw in your F1, Archie Perkins, and Jobe Watson's tiny medal no one seems to know how he won, and we'll think about it. Otherwise, that's a terrible trade.

Happy to add our F1 with your F2 coming back on top of that deal otherwise

we will just take Jiath at 40 after a bid on C.Dear at 39

Pick 39 bid (With Jiath on the board still)

Bid on Harvey Johnston - GWS Match

Offer hawks pick 40 + F2 for there F1

Means they get a player at 40 and T.Jiath for free (As they can match anything after 40)
I wouldn't do it, but I would report Essendon for attempting to subvert the draft. AFL won't do anything, but it would put a marker down.

We have enough points for Dear.. more than enough.

I am not even sure if we should match bid on Tew if he slides past 40, we have pick 46.

I would do swap F1 trades with the clubs having next 5 picks( except blues) for their 30's pick swapped with pick 46. Will give us a bite at few sliders. If we do that, Tew is surplus to needs, no list spot.

I wouldn't do it, but I would report Essendon for attempting to subvert the draft. AFL won't do anything, but it would put a marker down.
There is no subverting here

You can bid on whoever, whenever

Trades are Trades, you cant force anyone to take a trade and that is in no way happening in this instance

Take Jiath.

Fist pump away.

Worked so well last time.

There is no subverting here

You can bid on whoever, whenever

Trades are Trades, you cant force anyone to take a trade and that is in no way happening in this instance
We'll just take him for nothing when you delist him in 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back