Hawthorn and Sam Mitchell selling out Clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

That's partly true but what didn't help was our bottom 6 or next wave of players, your Tim O'Brien's etc., simply didn't evolve into the players we thought they would become - and of course good old Harry Hindsight is never wrong...

I mean 2017 was sort of a rebuild in that hawthorn was bottoming out but that stopped when hawthorn started picking up midtier free agents.

How exactly?

Collingwood were premiers and about to play in a grand final.

Buckley was also a kick away from a flag. If Dom Sheed misses is the Pies succession plan a failure?

We are at our lowest point in 15 years on field with the most regarded coach in waiting ready to take over and start our (hopefully) next successful era.

Completely different circumstances to Buckley/Malthouse.

Lowest point in 15 years?
Seemed to be pretty high point just 6 years ago

That's partly true but what didn't help was our bottom 6 or next wave of players, your Tim O'Brien's etc., simply didn't evolve into the players we thought they would become - and of course good old Harry Hindsight is never wrong...
Rough got cancer, Rioli retired early, etc etc

you'd rather 2 or 3 premierships rather than 4 if it meant your club wouldn't be spending 10-20 years doing Carlton style rebuilds after rebuilds.

Having just endured 20 years of mediocrity, I could still safely say I'd rather that we won 4 flags in the 90s and be mediocre 2000 - now, than win the two we actually did and be more competitive over the last 20 years. I think we underachieved with that team, you couldn't say that about Clarko's Hawks. I'd be very sad to see him go if I supported Hawthorn.

The media won't stop until Clarkson leaves
They will try to pressure him to leave

And then if he does walk, they will claim they were right all a long

The media won't stop until Clarkson leaves

Yep, You could uncover Clarkson and Mitchell as secret lovers and the media would still come out and say the passionate kissing is pretty aggressive, thus must be tension of the coaching sucession plan

My feel is it's probs someone in DSEG trying to stir something up and see if they can de-stabilise something so Clarko would get a full payout then immediately walk into the highest paid coaching role in football wherever he picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will try to pressure him to leave

And then if he does walk, they will claim they were right all a long
He won't leave. Probably a very small reason why he won't is just to spite them and Kennett.

And then at the end of next year when he has coached his last game at Hawthorn they will pretend that they said he would never finish his contract

Last edited by a moderator:
What the * !?

HFC Wikipedia page has Sammy as a listed player
“ the youngest Victorian club in the AFL “?
What the hell does that mean?

Footscray and norfff joined at the exact same year as Hawks

HFC joined the VFL in 1925 and were completely pathetic for decades ..like really bad.

Richmond joined in 1908

Who wrote this drivel? 5CA355E3-630F-4732-BAC9-A8C6DE117919.png

Last edited:
Im 100% certain she's got bad sources. She's never really reported once on hawthorn, until now. Not even during the last 10 years when we were the biggest and most sucessful club at the time. Hardly any news bar from things from player agents and clubs leaking they had offered Clarkson money to jump sh*t.

Hawthorn issues don't leak. This has been the case for years. From Nathan Thompson's horrid fight with depression when people were questioning his form, Same as Jon Hay. Years on years we have consistently maintained stuff inhouse, Are we the most stable club in the land? Probably not. Would anyone know? Nope. Hell we've had some pretty messy internal stuff happen with Pelchin ect. Media only really found out years later.

As stated, this plan was drawn up the start of June, Finished and agreed upon end of June, announced a week later. Thats consistent with general hawthorn business never coming out internally. The only time anyone got a whiff of anything involved with Sam Mitchell was when it leaked through collingwood that Mitchell had withdrawn from the pies coaching race.

Time and time again you've seen Clarkson absolutely rinse media people for stating things like him being offered/considering contracts as he's as straightforward as he is angry.
Court injunction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back