Play Nice Hawthorn culture and Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be a very touchy subject.

There will be a very broad range of opinions about the correct way to handle this.

I'll remind everyone to post respectfully at this time - sniping at each other is not going to help.

Any continued pointless back and forth will get a day or more to cool off. If you want to avoid this fate, let it go.

Last edited:
I took his comment as someone who has a proper education in the field of medicine, and has a fairly good understanding about a topic you introduced.

For reference and full disclosure, he was letting you know he has an education and understanding about said topic, and was willing to properly discuss it with you.

You then rolled out “Maaate”.
He called me mate . Plus the prior condescending.

You sound like my 6th grade teacher who used to give me the cuts.

Are you a school teacher ?

Or a parking cop.

Btw IIRC I came on here and sounded the alarm about covid well before it became a thing and was greeted with derision by most ,who I presume included doctors .

That was weird too.

And you clearly have a far higher opinion of the average person.

I have seen multiple people refuse life saving surgery in the last 2 years because they couldn’t be guaranteed that any blood transfusions they may require would come from unvaccinated people.

The average person is incredibly stupid.

EDIT: we are very off topic so I’ll stop too.
No don’t stop now, I agree Australia as a whole, is a backward country full people with a below average IQ, especially our politicians. Oh don’t forget the medical profession with their ridiculous stand on vaping and cannabi.👊✊

Starting to get the real distinct impression, based on his recent series of statements, that Burt is very much at the core of what happened.

This is the vibe I’m getting too. It seems he ultimately is to blame IF the allegations are true, as he was the one that brought the coaching staff into what were supposed to be 1 on 1 meetings

Starting to get the real distinct impression, based on his recent series of statements, that Burt is very much at the core of what happened.
Yes i really worry about that interview he did a couple of weeks ago. Both Fagan and Clarkson have been well advised not to start directly addressing allegations in the media. I thought Burt’s statements opened him up to criticism. Can’t recall the exact statements but gained the impression he accepted some action were poor judgement, but didnt think he needed to apologise for them. (As I say my interpretation).

I am not suggesting Fagan is guilty of any of the allegations he is accused of.

If this is headed to the HRC and potentially the Federal Court, I really struggle to see how Fagan can manage the horrible stress of this situation and be the senior coach of an AFL team, for a process that will surely take 2 years, likely longer.

I love Fages and I’m not suggesting he step down or anything, but if it does go down this path, I really struggle to see how he deals with that process whilst coaching to a high level.

No don’t stop now, I agree Australia as a whole, is a backward country full people with a below average IQ, especially our politicians. Oh don’t forget the medical profession with their ridiculous stand on vaping and cannabi.
Explains why, in the space of less than 250 yrs Australia has come from zip to now either the richest or certainly among the richest 3 countries in the world.

Just me I'm sure but I'm sick of the whole anti Australia crap we regularly get from their ABC. And others.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I am not suggesting Fagan is guilty of any of the allegations he is accused of.

If this is headed to the HRC and potentially the Federal Court, I really struggle to see how Fagan can manage the horrible stress of this situation and be the senior coach of an AFL team, for a process that will surely take 2 years, likely longer.

I love Fages and I’m not suggesting he step down or anything, but if it does go down this path, I really struggle to see how he deals with that process whilst coaching to a high level.
Yes, I can't see him sticking around for 2 years of extra innuendo and stress on top of what you already get as an AFL senior coach.

Would not surprise me in the least if he pulls the pin at the end of this season, if we win the flag it would probably be a fantastic way to go out to cap off the superlative job he has done for us since 2017... luv ya Fages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains why, in the space of less than 250 yrs Australia has come from zip to now either the richest or certainly among the richest 3 countries in the world.

Just me I'm sure but I'm sick of the whole anti Australia crap we regularly get from their ABC. And others.

Not sure what lists you’re looking at, but Australia doesn’t even crack the top 15 country rich list, according to recognisable publications.

Nothing to do with wealth or the ABC for that matter, Australia is slow and backward in its thinking on lots of fronts, I listed 2 that I am involved in and the blind stupidity of Governments and the medical profession on these issues is laughable. But yeah look how rich a country we are.

Nothing to do with wealth or the ABC for that matter, Australia is slow and backward in its thinking on lots of fronts, I listed 2 that I am involved in and the blind stupidity of Governments and the medical profession on these issues is laughable. But yeah look how rich a country we are.
Such a s**t country, makes me wonder why so many people want to migrate here.

I'm curious about the Rioli role in the public letter recently released by the claimants. Is he a part of the group because of his high profile name as no doubt the Rioli name carries significant weight in "validating" allegations. The only reference I have ever read regarding his/his wife's concerns relate to boofhead comments by Kennett towards Rioli's wife and "holes in her jeans". Boofhead Kennett apparently apologised for those comments and whilst I can understand the possibility of some offense being taken, I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that they were racist comments - without knowing what else has been said or the context.

This is the vibe I’m getting too. It seems he ultimately is to blame IF the allegations are true, as he was the one that brought the coaching staff into what were supposed to be 1 on 1 meetings

I’d qualify that by as soon as the coaches became involved their actions are their own. Can’t blame Burt for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back