News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his s**t takes, they don’t belong here.

Cheers for the post SYL.

Kane’s 1st analysis was dodgy, his 2nd spot on, but his 3rd: I loved that Kane highlighted Weddle going back with the flight of the ball on 3 occasions to take those marks after highlighting the semi-error he made the week before. As Lloyd’s said, that is what you want to see from a player, and Kane showed it.

Kane has been a big believer in Sam Mitchell as a coach and the direction the club is taking (though he wants a game changer on our list).
It was obvious that the Sun’s game shook his confidence in the Hawks. It is good to see him getting back on the pony… if not the horse.

Last edited:

Damming on Sicily. First goal of the game too. Not switched on at all.

I remember watching that at the time and thinking that it was pathetic. Glad it’s been flagged, and hope Sam gives him a massive kick up the arse. I reckon Scrim has been far better than Sic this year.

Not great for a young group to have the captain this defeated early in the season.

Terrible. Im sure there are reasons behind the scenes but I dont rate him as a captain at all. While there is definitely a Sicily tax, he still gets in trouble far too much and doesn't come across as an inspirational at all.

Feels like he just got the gig because he was the best player at the time and not 30+ or a kid.

Give it to Moore next year and start moving forward.

Terrible. Im sure there are reasons behind the scenes but I dont rate him as a captain at all. While there is definitely a Sicily tax, he still gets in trouble far too much and doesn't come across as an inspirational at all.

Feels like he just got the gig because he was the best player at the time and not 30+ or a kid.

Hmmmmm…

James never seems / sounds comfortable with the public speaking and we do see Moore out there spruiking a fair bit.

Might be better to keep Sic in the leadership group but elevate Day or Moore to lead the club. Moore clearly has the polish to deal with the media and inspires a greater level of confidence.

If Day is more of an introvert then maybe going forward - 2025 and beyond - it should be Moore (c) with Day/Sicily (vc).

Would probably be a win/win scenario.

I agree that sis is in poor form but, man, no one moves for him for a quick get out handball, the guy gets attacked by the opposition and hemmed in yet, none of his teammates are there to lend a hand!! They just watch what unfolds. We need the mids to fold back and give our backs a chop out in running the ball out of the danger zone. Our players expect Sicily to run through players like a hologram and get us into attackinğ mode like some Houdini. This has to stop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players want him as captain and if they vote Moore in next year so be it, but people talk as if it’s a decision that Sam makes and that’s it.

Don't think we should be pushing Sic out mid year, but when you listen to Moore speak, it's hard to not think that he should be our next Captain. That's not a slight on Sic, just recognizing how impressive Moore is.

Don't think we should be pushing Sic out mid year, but when you listen to Moore speak, it's hard to not think that he should be our next Captain. That's not a slight on Sic, just recognizing how impressive Moore is.

This. Moore absolutely bleeds brown and gold and leaves it all on the park. He is the next club captain without doubt - when that occurs is up to Sicily/the playing group and coaches however.

Sis has been elite for 3 years.

He's had a tough 7 weeks, as had 45 other blokes on the list. Let's ease up with talk of replacing him as captain
He's a victim of his own high standards to an extent.

The footy he played over the last three to five years was at such an unbelievably high level (and consistently so) it's more obvious when has a drop off in form than an average AFL footballer.

I agree that sis is in poor form but, man, no one moves for him for a quick get out handball, the guy gets attacked by the opposition and hemmed in yet, none of his teammates are there to lend a hand!! They just watch what unfolds. We need the mids to fold back and give our backs a chop out in running the ball out of the danger zone. Our players expect Sicily to run through players like a hologram and get us into attackinğ mode like some Houdini. This has to stop!
There has definitely been times when Sis has had the get out option but is not trusting them to get the team into attacking mode.
I think he, and as you said, the team, is placing too much of the responsibility to generate attack.
Scrim is playing brilliantly, but probably more focused on locking down dangerous forward than breaking field open with his kicking, maybe contributing to the extra pressure on Sicily?

Well we’ve had little to enjoy this season but holy heck are our Indigenous guernseys amazing this year!

The guernsey represents Chance’s football journey, his connections to his home (Ballardong country) and honours all the First Nations players that have spent time at the Hawthorn Football Club. Yoke detail inside the neck features Chance’s player stats.

Can’t wait to get one of the brown ones.

Well we’ve had little to enjoy this season but holy * are our Indigenous guernseys amazing this year!

The guernsey represents Chance’s football journey, his connections to his home (Ballardong country) and honours all the First Nations players that have spent time at the Hawthorn Football Club. Yoke detail inside the neck features Chance’s player stats.

Can’t wait to get one of the brown ones.
Not overly fussed with the gold ones, but the brown ones look great!

Saw we're wearing it for 3 rounds, are we wearing both versions or just the gold?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back