News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

He has the traits of a Zac Butters but Sam hasnt unleashed him as a midfielder due to not having enough small forwards, but now things have changed!!
It's time to unleash!!!

I’ve been told that the club want him to continue playing the half forward role purely because he’s so good at it.

One of those, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it type of situations.

The Jordan Lewis one was a lot longer and quite good as well as it covered the premiership years and also what really went down with clarko pushing him out.
Was a good listen. Hadn't heard a few of those Clarko stories. Also wonder how much credit he's given in shaping that Melbourne premiership side. Even though he was a few years retired, you'd think his presence and experience would've been a huge influence among the young playing group

Was a good listen. Hadn't heard a few of those Clarko stories. Also wonder how much credit he's given in shaping that Melbourne premiership side. Even though he was a few years retired, you'd think his presence and experience would've been a huge influence among the young playing group
Yep, completely agree about your point about Jordan's influence on that team. They already had a very good list who were underperforming so I think he had a big influence on how to be better as a team rather than individuals.
On the flipside, Jordan comes across a lot more humble and level headed about his achievements than maybe some may think. No wonder then, that he went on to become such a brilliant big game performer for us! And also great to hear that he's still a HAWK!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, completely agree about your point about Jordan's influence on that team. They already had a very good list who were underperforming so I think he had a big influence on how to be better as a team rather than individuals.
On the flipside, Jordan comes across a lot more humble and level headed about his achievements than maybe some may think. No wonder then, that he went on to become such a brilliant big game performer for us! And also great to hear that he's still a HAWK!!!
I thought Jordy come across as a really good bloke.
Looks like we may have lost his son Freddie to the Demons though. F/S will be interesting lol.

Would love if they did a "Last Dance" style series on the three peat. Would be awesome!
Exactly what I was thinking when I watched last dance on flix. I do wonder whether if we have any behind the scenes footage from end of 2012 to 2015 in our library somewhere? Even if it's a bit grainy footage, warts and all , the trials and tribulations of what it takes to make it to the top!! I mean, certain clubs have their ' Decade of Decadence' or some shit without winning anything so surely we have enough coverage to fill out 4-5 episodes and sell it the flix network.

I thought Jordy come across as a really good bloke.
Looks like we may have lost his son Freddie to the Demons though. F/S will be interesting lol.
Jordy only played 50 odd games for the Dees, Freddie wouldn't qualify as a FS there.

Jordy only played 50 odd games for the Dees, Freddie wouldn't qualify as a FS there.
Yeah I know but ultimately it will be his decision if it gets to that. The pull of the Dees will be strong.

Yeah I know but ultimately it will be his decision if it gets to that. The pull of the Dees will be strong.
I'm not following? If he's good enough, he either joins Hawthorn as a FS or he's selected by another team in the draft. Dees have no relevance whatsoever.

I'm not following? If he's good enough, he either joins Hawthorn as a FS or he's selected by another team in the draft. Dees have no relevance whatsoever.
Yeah sorry. You're actually correct.
I got a little confused lol.

Would love if they did a "Last Dance" style series on the three peat. Would be awesome!
I'd particularly love to hear from the players how much the 2012 grand final defeat and to a lesser extent the Geelong "curse" played a role in the success that followed. I always felt those failures created the chip on shoulder needed for the sustained success that might not have occurred on pure talent alone had we won in 2012 when we very clearly the best side in it. I actually think on pure talent 2012 was our peak - we really thumped sides during the season that year and finished on top with a % of 154.

I'd particularly love to hear from the players how much the 2012 grand final defeat and to a lesser extent the Geelong "curse" played a role in the success that followed. I always felt those failures created the chip on shoulder needed for the sustained success that might not have occurred on pure talent alone had we won in 2012 when we very clearly the best side in it. I actually think on pure talent 2012 was our peak - we really thumped sides during the season that year and finished on top with a % of 154.

A 'Final Story' on the 2013 grand final would be a good way of doing this. Hear from our players about that - hear from the Freo players about playing in their club's only grand final. Hear from Lake about his insane last quarter etc. Buddy could talk about leaving the club after it. There'd be some good stories out of that game despite it not being an all time classic grand final (although I think it is an underrated game and I enjoy watching the replay of it from time to time).

I don't know why the AFL hasn't put together more of those docos - it's one of the few things they have done bloody well.

A 'Final Story' on the 2013 grand final would be a good way of doing this. Hear from our players about that - hear from the Freo players about playing in their club's only grand final. Hear from Lake about his insane last quarter etc. Buddy could talk about leaving the club after it. There'd be some good stories out of that game despite it not being an all time classic grand final (although I think it is an underrated game and I enjoy watching the replay of it from time to time).

I don't know why the AFL hasn't put together more of those docos - it's one of the few things they have done bloody well.
The 89 one was a cracker.

I still have a soft spot for Freo given how gracious and fun their fans were pre and post that grand final. Completely different to the dickhead Cats and Swans fans. Eagles were ok. I’d like Freo to get a flag

The 89 one was a cracker.

I still have a soft spot for Freo given how gracious and fun their fans were pre and post that grand final. Completely different to the dickhead Cats and Swans fans. Eagles were ok. I’d like Freo to get a flag

Yup - they were a class act. Stayed around and applauded during the presentations - were awesome to chat with out on the town after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back