Review Hawthorn versus Sydney Swans, MCG, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think people have been a little harsh on Goodes, but there's no doubt his opponents are hurting us the other way because of his inability to turn. All up it was an above average game from him.

I also think that while Smith was beaten, he wasn't that bad and covered Breust pretty well for large portions of the game. Those 2 aerial contests he lost made his game look a lot worse than it was.

We'll learn from this game and be better for it next time around.

Might be time for towers to get a full game and Lloyd or Cunningham to have a rest when Hannebery comes back in.

Checking the threads this was the grand final apparently, season over off to the cricket

They party hard over 10 point wins at hawthorn mid year

I think it was pretty obvious last night were the 2 best sides in the comp by a mile, its following a similar pattern to 2012! we beat them at Tassie, they got us at the SCG then we beat them in the GF.

Would love if it followed the same script this year :p:D

I think it was pretty obvious last night were the 2 best sides in the comp by a mile, its following a similar pattern to 2012! we beat them at Tassie, they got us at the SCG then we beat them in the GF.

Would love if it followed the same script this year :p:D

We played like crap and almost won
We got them

bit of an over statement however I don't rate your midfield anywhere near ours, in saying thatI'll concede your midfield did smash ours today. It's the skill I don't rate of your midfield, your work rate is there in spades an your outside runners chopped us up. To be honest I don't rate Hodge and lewis, ones a protected whinger an the others a prolific ducker, the rest are b graders, probably only a grade is Mitchell.
Absolutely laughable post.

Seen more laughable crap from hawks fans
Calling Lewis etc C Graders? Wow, doubt it.

I think games between our clubs will be close.

Those saying if Buddy and Tipp kick like they "normally" do should realise they're both prone to spraying it regularly. You just have to hope it's against the Saints and not us. That being said we sprayed it early on so it balanced out.

Calling Lewis etc C Graders? Wow, doubt it.

I think games between our clubs will be close.

Those saying if Buddy and Tipp kick like they "normally" do should realise they're both prone to spraying it regularly. You just have to hope it's against the Saints and not us. That being said we sprayed it early on so it balanced out.

You know he isnt a c grader, i know he isnt who cares though

Your board has the foil hats on most of the time though and your bs avatar is up there with the crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy needs to learn to settle his nerves against the Hawks as well as we can't go into a grand final expecting Buddy to miss so many getable opportunities.
Would help if we weren't always delivering the ball to him in the pocket, and if the umpires gave him the same laxity they gave the hawthorn forwards i the placement of the mark. It looked like the pushed Lance to a more acute angle (from where he actually took the mark) several times.

Jettas disposal was pathetic, McVeigh looked scared the whole night, Parker was unable to be his tough self, Jack was just out of it, Kennedy tried but only got anywhere in the last quarter, an Pyke got his ass handed to him by Ancient Mcevoy. This game was lost in the midfield, an unfortunately the forward line could have, but didn't make up for it.

Sounds like a great game. Stinging I missed it. Good to puncture this bizarre aura of invincibility that had grown up in the media (and amongst some on this board), not that I think the team particularly bought into it.

Seems like the game could've gone either way, really. I reckon any of Hawks, Swans, Freo & the Power are all thereabouts.

I know we were outplayed, and a lot of our blokes were off, but a couple of ref calls, namely HTB on Hill and Goodes non paid mark....... Oooof drives me mad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back