Certified Legendary Thread HELP: I need to learn MMA asap

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL

Guy must be dead surely, annual bump is the appropriate way to pay respect :thumbsu:

act like you dont want to fight and when he approaches, shoot him in the face

The problem is that he is a pretty big bloke - 6'5 115kg.
I've trained in Muay Thai for 6 years, spar with some of the best in WA and trained in MMA for 3 years prior to that. Wouldn't take on a guy that size. I can also run 21.1km in 85:28 so I'd back that form of self defence over anything

I've trained in Muay Thai for 6 years, spar with some of the best in WA and trained in MMA for 3 years prior to that. Wouldn't take on a guy that size. I can also run 21.1km in 85:28 so I'd back that form of self defence over anything

Correct answer. I read a story about Frank Shamrock and how he got in a situation when he could have been in a streetfight, and he ran for his life, was rapt to hear a guy like that was clever in that way.

Learn the art of boxing. Every fight start with both people standing. Learn how to throw an overhand right. Problem solved.

Just because he is 115kg......that doesnt mean anything. In saying that your first option shoud be to just walk away. I know it sounds " weak " but it is the best way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it sounds like a fair bit of exaggeration on the part of Checkers. Guy was probably 6'2 and a fat 100kgs.

One of the best reads though purely because you can't tell whether or not it is serious.

I like Magnum's advice of asking "what did you have for breakfast" as a diversion, that would work I reckon. Though you'd have to be pretty calm and collected to remember that, I'd either run or just bullrush Bob Sapp style and throw everything at once!

Learn the art of boxing. Every fight start with both people standing. Learn how to throw an overhand right. Problem solved.

Just because he is 115kg......that doesnt mean anything. In saying that your first option shoud be to just walk away. I know it sounds " weak " but it is the best way.

When I first started doing MMA training someone asked our trainer what he would do in a street fight, his first response was "kick the guy in the balls and run like hell" his second response was "every jackass in the world will do the same thing if they have little to no training, they will load up a big right hand, if you learn to slip and counter or slip and close distance to get under their arm you will knock him out or trip and throw him" (makes more sense when you can show it to someone) anyway point is most people are going to throw their right hand and alot of people know that so it's not really that good an option.

When I first started doing MMA training someone asked our trainer what he would do in a street fight, his first response was "kick the guy in the balls and run like hell" his second response was "every jackass in the world will do the same thing if they have little to no training, they will load up a big right hand, if you learn to slip and counter or slip and close distance to get under their arm you will knock him out or trip and throw him" (makes more sense when you can show it to someone) anyway point is most people are going to throw their right hand and alot of people know that so it's not really that good an option.

Any blockhead can throw a right hand. If you have the training and can set it up quickly = problem solved. By no means do I advocate fighting, but there is no way I am going to kick in some guy in the balls........c'mon man

Bas Rutten said something similar in his street fighting vid (classic), and that's how Wayne Carey was taught by his old man as well, who was a street fighter from way back. The roundhouse right is the most obvious opener, so you keep the distance and try to throw straight punches, they can't lean out of the way of them.

Since he's from Toorak he could probably afford some private tuition from Roger Huerta. Despite his poor recent record he has some experience in street fighting.

I remember hearing about this incident way back:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ex-longhorn-football-player-hit-girl-in-tmz-video-28799

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2010/...-huerta-fight-manager-says-legal-help-offered

Also don't underestimate a headbutt.

Personally, most guys if they're coming in from a distance try throwing wild round looping punches that can be easily negated by covering up. If you get inside you can use an elbow or uppercut to at the very least stun them and give you time to run.

Either that or kick/knee to the groin or solar plexus and then run.

I only wish I could have recommended this earlier and saved this guy's ass.

Looking for the ultimate martial art? Look no further.

Welcome to Ameri-Do-Ta.

Every martial art has it's strengths and weaknesses - except Ameri-Do -Ta.

Best of all - worst of none >

Remove this Banner Ad

Back