PS5 Horizon: Forbidden West

Remove this Banner Ad

You definitely need to do side missions and level up before taking on some machines. I always tried to be 5 levels above minimum

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Yep, this.

Went back to this after finishing Elden Ring and this plays so much better compared to that.

It's just has such a better combat system and isn't dull and janky like Elden Ring.
Agree if Elden Ring had the polish and presensation of FW it would be one of my favourite games of all time

Doing side quests in Elden Ring did my head in had to look up at guides. would have been handy if Elden Ring had some kind of way point system when doing side quests giving you a clue on where to go next wasn't enough.

Progressing through.. Just hit Barren Light witnessing the short lived embassy. Gonna complete a few side quests than venture into the forbidden West. Really enjoying the game so far but the controls seem a little lose imo finding Aloy a little tricky to handle at times.

Finally just completed the game highly enjoyable just like the first it didn't disappoint, some amazing missions and side quests. The scope and effort put in to create the lore is amazing plus the world and the graphics to go with it is just stunning, a true modern marvel. My only grind is that Aloy was a little loss to control at times and the weapon selection was far to slow when up against some of those machines that just come at ya, oh and way to much climbing.
Ending was great but predictable apart from
I was disappointed that Zoe was the one to kill Erik I thought Aloy had earned that kill.
I was happy with it. Overall a great experience the longer the game went the more I just wanted to keep playing and I will to finish off the rest of the side quests, rebel camps and caldrons etc... Happy that we are going to be getting a third game can't wait.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone given Burning Shores a crack yet? How is it?

I downloaded it but didn't get a chance to play.

I started it, looks gorgeous as expected. Setting is really interesting, different to the main game. Looks like the map is roughly a third of the main game.

Load times are lighting, you don’t even get a chance to read the 10 word tip that’s on the load screen!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have forgotten most of the combat mechanics. Haha.
Looks good so far.
Haha, same here. That's the problem with most DLCs, you forget how to play by the time it comes out! I'm rusty AF.

Fortunately, it's not like Frozen Wilds, where you just got ******* destroyed by the first new machine. You can ease into this one.

Though, I am reminded of the worst part about the base game. The sheer grind to upgrade Legendary gear. I only have level 1 at most for any piece.

Haha, same here. That's the problem with most DLCs, you forget how to play by the time it comes out! I'm rusty AF.

Fortunately, it's not like Frozen Wilds, where you just got ******* destroyed by the first new machine. You can ease into this one.

Though, I am reminded of the worst part about the base game. The sheer grind to upgrade Legendary gear. I only have level 1 at most for any piece.

I’m getting wrecked by the machines in the first side quest, they are super aggressive!

Back to hiding in the bush and using traps…

I’m getting wrecked by the machines in the first side quest, they are super aggressive!

Back to hiding in the bush and using traps…

Yep. Died a few times there. I kept trying to block 😂
Traps were definitely needed.
The gear grind is a pain. I never really bothered much during the base game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back