PS5 Horizon: Forbidden West

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Died a few times there. I kept trying to block
Traps were definitely needed.
The gear grind is a pain. I never really bothered much during the base game.

Yea my I only got what I had to for the platinum in the base game, would’ve been handy coming with the all legendary gear.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m getting wrecked by the machines in the first side quest, they are super aggressive!

Back to hiding in the bush and using traps…

The Waterwings? Yeh, they're a bitch.

My main mission is bugged. Meant to be able to follow old love into the building but she doesn't take the lead. Seems like it's common. It's the first ******* mission GG, you could at least get that one right!

The Waterwings? Yeh, they're a bitch.

My main mission is bugged. Meant to be able to follow old love into the building but she doesn't take the lead. Seems like it's common. It's the first ******* mission GG, you could at least get that one right!

Yeah and the Ravagers on the first island were tough as well.

Yeah and the Ravagers on the first island were tough as well.
They were weird, it's like they were buffed. Before I went there I took down a Tremortusk with ease, yet nearly spent all my arsenal taking out two Ravagers. Couldn't understand why they took so long to go down.

Struggled with the Waterwings, then easily smashed the new big machine in the main mission.

Yeah, those island side missions have taken up most of my time.
I'm only playing on normal difficulty and got wrecked multiple times. Three waterwings coming at me was guaranteed death.
I did find the throwing spears did decent damage though.

No issue with the first main mission. No bugs so far.

Yeah, those island side missions have taken up most of my time.
I'm only playing on normal difficulty and got wrecked multiple times. Three waterwings coming at me was guaranteed death.
I did find the throwing spears did decent damage though.

No issue with the first main mission. No bugs so far.

That’s all I’ve done so far haha.

I was able to pick the Kangaroo things and the Ravagers off one by one on the first island but the Waterwings just mobbed me.

At least they stay on the ground most of the time so you can use traps.

The herbalist who sells all the animal parts needed to upgrade pouches is the true hero of Burning Shores…

enjoyed the DLC. the boss battle felt a bit like the final boss in Dead space. the new cauldron was hard. but part of that was because i didnt have the right ammo. some of the fights have been epic. even at like L70 some are still tough because there are more fights where its a big guy with a bunch of smaller machines around so you cant just pick on the big guy.

the DLC weapons have been kinda average, especially against the NG+ ones.

So the aerial captures are bugged. if you dont do north first. Some are saying you need to reload a save from before you did the first one, which doesnt help me since i randomly stumbled across one early in the DLC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the aerial captures are bugged. if you dont do north first. Some are saying you need to reload a save from before you did the first one, which doesnt help me since i randomly stumbled across one early in the DLC.

Loved the main game. First game I ever Platinumed. However, I was BURNT out by the end. So much so I lowered the difficulty and could only play for 30-40 minutes at a time. It was a chore to mop up all the trophies.

May hold on the DLC and give it a go when I feel the itch to play this again.

Just finished the story missions, pretty good and not overly long.

I’ll kick around with the trophies now.

Well, crap.

I took out the Stormbird before I saw this, but because it wrecked my Sunwing, I didn't do the viewpoint. Did the North then came back to this.

Between this and Hogwarts Legacy, I feel exploring by air kinda ruins the fun. I fly over a clearing and am like "Oh a Thunderjaw, cool, bye", whereas when you're on the ground and you came across something like that you have to decide whether to take it on or tip toe around it. Just feels a lot more interesting hearing the noises and assessing the danger.

I took out the Stormbird before I saw this, but because it wrecked my Sunwing, I didn't do the viewpoint. Did the North then came back to this.

Between this and Hogwarts Legacy, I feel exploring by air kinda ruins the fun. I fly over a clearing and am like "Oh a Thunderjaw, cool, bye", whereas when you're on the ground and you came across something like that you have to decide whether to take it on or tip toe around it. Just feels a lot more interesting hearing the noises and assessing the danger.
the stormbird was cool. wish they did more with it causing the storm. or had it respawn randomly in new areas over both maps.

my only issue with the flying is that it needs to be faster, doesnt need to go crazy but like 10-20% faster

God, so much this. It doesn't actually make any difference if you hold down X as opposed to just gliding as far as I can tell :drunk:
yeah i still just fast travel when i need to hop more than a few hundred m.
another issues is with the auto pickup. why does it not work for things from machines other than upgrade items. like all the little things that you shoot off that just have a few shards and some wire.

The same happened to me, my stupid bird just stood there and waited while I fought and got wrecked haha!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back