Horrible Experiences that you're certain nobody else has had

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what made me think of this. I'm sure plenty of others have had a similar experiece but anyone on BF?

Back while I was living in the states in 2000, I became interested in roller coasters thanks to my nephew. Up to that point in my life i was scared to death of heights. I guess I still am, but I'm OK if I'm enclosed. On a trip to Cedar Point in Ohio in the summer of 2008, I got stuck on a roller coaster and had to be evacuated. We had been members of a roller coaster club and attended an event at CP which allowed us to ride after the park had closed to the public. A few minutes to midnight I hopped on "Raptor" for my last ride of the day. Well it turned into a half ride.

As indicated at the start of the video and in the pics, we got stuck about five stories high as shown by the red x. We had to hop off of our seats and make it to the ground via a steel spiral staircase which seemed to me to be worse than the ride itself. As people filed down one at a time, it swayed a bit and I was convinced that it was going to rip away from its moorings and I'd plunge to my death below. However, I did make it down and was as white as a sheet. My nephew was laughing saying that he wished it would have happeed to him after ten years of going to theme parks. It was an experience i won't forget.

I have no idea what made me think of this. I'm sure plenty of others have had a similar experiece but anyone on BF?

Back while I was living in the states in 2000, I became interested in roller coasters thanks to my nephew. Up to that point in my life i was scared to death of heights. I guess I still am, but I'm OK if I'm enclosed. On a trip to Cedar Point in Ohio in the summer of 2008, I got stuck on a roller coaster and had to be evacuated. We had been members of a roller coaster club and attended an event at CP which allowed us to ride after the park had closed to the public. A few minutes to midnight I hopped on "Raptor" for my last ride of the day. Well it turned into a half ride.

As indicated at the start of the video and in the pics, we got stuck about five stories high as shown by the red x. We had to hop off of our seats and make it to the ground via a steel spiral staircase which seemed to me to be worse than the ride itself. As people filed down one at a time, it swayed a bit and I was convinced that it was going to rip away from its moorings and I'd plunge to my death below. However, I did make it down and was as white as a sheet. My nephew was laughing saying that he wished it would have happeed to him after ten years of going to theme parks. It was an experience i won't forget.

You just described my worst nightmare - if the coaster gets stuck when you're upside down. I couldn't think of anything more ******* terrifying. Not to mention the medical side re. its not good for humans being stuck like that.

Btw love the Raptor went on it 6 times iirc

Where abouts did the ride stop in comparison to the staircase? How did you get back to that platform where you could hop off?

That's ****ed, I would have a heart attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just described my worst nightmare - if the coaster gets stuck when you're upside down. I couldn't think of anything more ******* terrifying. Not to mention the medical side re. its not good for humans being stuck like that.

Btw love the Raptor went on it 6 times iirc
Luckily it stopped at a brake run so we were sitting normally upright. The hard part was getting over that knob on the seat between your legs and hopping off about three feet to the platform.

Where abouts did the ride stop in comparison to the staircase? How did you get back to that platform where you could hop off?
It stopped at a brake run platform and the staircase was connected to it.

How long were you stuck Chicago1
Probably in total of about an hour or so. Took a bit of time helping people to hop off onto the platform. Of course I was in the last row so was about the last one to get down. I've been on about 200 coasters and that was one ride I won't forget. My nephew was jealous. He now visits parks with his wife and he's still never been stuck on one and had to be evacuated after more tha 25 years.

just seen down the shopping centre, some guy had shat his daks, then we saw him in Coles picking a fight with some guy, he must have had the trots, his pants were all brown at the back
iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back