How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think you are reading way too much into this incident mate, reckon it was Mark Neeld and The Demons FC (and their fans) who broke Jack Watts far more than anything Tex or any other player did to him.

But in principal I agree with you about older players bullying kids/easy targets on field, remember when a couple of Bulldogs thugs tried to beat up on first year player Michael Gardnerer at the Whitten Oval, one of the most classless acts on field I have ever seen.
I remember Jonathan Brown absolutely smashing Marc Murphy in his first 2 years.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just dont understand whats happened to walker, big call, but i think dale thomas in 2013 played better then him so far....maybe.

I think the ability is still there, I just don't think he knows what he's doing in games any more. He's a deep target one minute, then he's up on the wing the next. That's fine for a side with other targets, but when he's deep they can't get it to him and when he's up the ground he's got nobody to get it to.

Plonk him in the forward line for the Bulldogs and he'd go close to a Coleman.

I think the ability is still there, I just don't think he knows what he's doing in games any more. He's a deep target one minute, then he's up on the wing the next. That's fine for a side with other targets, but when he's deep they can't get it to him and when he's up the ground he's got nobody to get it to.

Plonk him in the forward line for the Bulldogs and he'd go close to a Coleman.
Don't think it's that simple, to be honest.

He looks like a KPF, but plays more like a big flanker. He's more a high half forward than a big CHF. Since they lost Teague, because his coaches have failed to understand this, he's been asked to make contact instead of being a hitup lead. He looks like he's got the muscle to take these big contested mark, but as a player he's more Lachie Henderson than Levi Casboult; the lead is where he should be rather than wrestling.

Now his confidence is down, he's stuffed. You could plonk him in any forward line in the comp and it wouldn't work for 10-15 weeks; it'd take that long to de-Adelaideify him.

Only just discovered this thread. I have no idea why you guys have a 396 page thread about how s**t the Crows are, but I'm here for it. Thanks for the Gibbs trade, we Port fans much appreciate it.

Only just discovered this thread. I have no idea why you guys have a 396 page thread about how sh*t the Crows are, but I'm here for it. Thanks for the Gibbs trade, we Port fans much appreciate it.

It came about after the Carlton/Adelaide pick swap and has been going strong ever since. I think we are all in agreement that this thread will be closed when Adelaide make the finals next. Hey, you don’t get many decade long threads on the Internet.

Only just discovered this thread. I have no idea why you guys have a 396 page thread about how sh*t the Crows are, but I'm here for it. Thanks for the Gibbs trade, we Port fans much appreciate it.
They've death-ridden us ever since the first failed Gibbs trade, and were generally rude bastards with an entitled attitude whenever we interacted with them.

Because ... Crows

Don't think it's that simple, to be honest.

He looks like a KPF, but plays more like a big flanker. He's more a high half forward than a big CHF. Since they lost Teague, because his coaches have failed to understand this, he's been asked to make contact instead of being a hitup lead. He looks like he's got the muscle to take these big contested mark, but as a player he's more Lachie Henderson than Levi Casboult; the lead is where he should be rather than wrestling.

Now his confidence is down, he's stuffed. You could plonk him in any forward line in the comp and it wouldn't work for 10-15 weeks; it'd take that long to de-Adelaideify him.

I agree that tex is more of a third tall/flanker. He’s carrying far too much weight and needs to lose all that bulk, become more mobile and use his elite skills. He’s a great distributor of the ball.

His last few years have been wasted as a traditional key position player.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If ever there was a year when this highly unlikely scenario could actually happen, it's 2020.

Carlton is in Adelaide to play the hapless Crows, and on the morning of the game, the boys are in their hotel, discussing tactics. Marc Murphy pipes up and says, "Fellas: let me run a scenario past you. Eddie Betts and I have been having a chat, and we reckon we can take care of these numpties on our own - after all, they haven't won a single game since Don Pyke was their coach. Why don't the rest of you guys have the day off, and Eddie and I will get the job done for the Carlton Football Club. "

After a bit of discussion, the others agree with the plan, and the crowd of 7 is astonished when just 2 Carlton players run onto Adelaide Oval.

Later that night, Murphy returns to the hotel - head down, and clearly distraught with the result. Paddy Cripps says, "What's up Murph: by salvaging a draw, I reckon you and Eddie have done the club proud."

But Murphy refuses to be consoled, and he says mournfully, "No - I've let you all down."

The others won't hear of it - one says, "Come on Murph: you're too hard on yourself."

Murphy says, "No way - after Eddie went down with an ankle injury midway through the second quarter, I should have done better........."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've death-ridden us ever since the first failed Gibbs trade, and were generally rude bastards with an entitled attitude whenever we interacted with them.

yep - and 2020 has not been a vintage year.

so when I’m feeding a bit flat and need a little “pick me up“ I head over to the crows board.

20 minutes there and I realise my life is going just great........

I do not know what's going on, but their fitness levels seem absolutely awful.

They were breathing hard by the ten minute mark of the first term, and were making fitness related mistakes; spraying kicks, not chasing, fumbling ground balls, dropping marks. One or two of them doing this, sure, but the entire team doing it?

Took the Poison chalice. You want to be a first time coach after the 3 yrs of pain have been done. Taking over a falling club is a no win situation.

Yard hards that no one survives.

Yep, likely to be Bolton, McCartney, Neeld all over again

Honestly didn't think I could see a worse team in the comp than us in the final season and a half of Malthouse's tenure here, but these Crows are dying Fitzroy levels bad.

Unpopular opinion here but if they don't win a game this year, they probably need a Priority Pick.

Not so much fun laughing at their plight tbh. I just bad for the players and (SOME OF) their fans.

Honestly didn't think I could see a worse team in the comp than us in the final season and a half of Malthouse's tenure here, but these Crows are dying Fitzroy levels bad.

Unpopular opinion here but if they don't win a game this year, they probably need a Priority Pick.

Not so much fun laughing at their plight tbh. I just bad for the players and (SOME OF) their fans.
In all our years of struggling, there has not been a priority pick on offer.

Why the * would one be available to a club with self inflicted injuries after playing off in a GF a couple of years ago?

Too generous there Fuddmeister, they need to learn a lesson about consequences for their actions first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back