How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you think they should get one in the first place?

I agree that they shouldn't be a thing; we can quite clearly see the incentive to tank and tank hard when you can to get a PP whilst simultaneously getting pick 1. It's assisted Geelong, it assisted Hawthorn, it assisted Richmond; about the only side that hasn't played a GF of late without receiving one is Sydney or WC,
Sydney in 1996 did make a grand final after priority pick central about two years earlier
Eagles I think had Jack Darling via priority pick too

Adelaide are not a real club, they are AFL makkey uppey club. Port is a REAL club with history.

fu** Adelaide. Add a spoon to their memorabilia I say. Peasants.
Well said. Does not get more plastic franchise than to be made overnight to stop another real club enter league and then call yourself Camry Crows in your original plastic franchise theme song.

Sydney in 1996 did make a grand final after priority pick central about two years earlier
Eagles I think had Jack Darling via priority pick too
This is one of those 'before my time' things; I was thinking of other things in '96, like how to do a double knot.

This is one of those 'before my time' things; I was thinking of other things in '96, like how to do a double knot.
They had six National Draft priority picks, plus four pre-season priority picks, got Zone selections for NSW as more concessions and got helped by league to get Lockett and Roos all between about 1992 to 1994 Draft periods
Made grand final in 1996

The disturbing thing is, today has been one of their better efforts for the year, in terms of endeavour, and are down by 50 points at 3QT to a so so Bulldogs outfit.

This is dying Fitzroy levels of dire for the Crows. The players (imo) look like a totally broken group.

Can honestly see them spending a decade plus in the doldrums unless they unexpectedly find a way to reinvent themselves.

But yeah Mark Riccuito, keep blaming everyone but yourself for the woes of The Crows. #JamesHirdsDisciple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows won't get any better whilst Roo is still there. In fact they could get worse depending if good players leave at years end

I can actually see a scenario where Adelaide finish this year winless and somehow have an even worse follow up year.

The Schadenfreude in this thread is incredibly bad karma. I’m barracking first the Crows incredibly hard at the moment cos I’m sure they will win a game, and they are fast running out of viable candidates.

They play Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, us and Richmond. Would be incredibly sad and also incredibly Carlton if our year ended with a loss to them.

Can’t wait to see them pull one out of the bag against Geelong next week and put all our minds at ease!

The Schadenfreude in this thread is incredibly bad karma. I’m barracking first the Crows incredibly hard at the moment cos I’m sure they will win a game, and they are fast running out of viable candidates.

They play Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, us and Richmond. Would be incredibly sad and also incredibly Carlton if our year ended with a loss to them.

Can’t wait to see them pull one out of the bag against Geelong next week and put all our minds at ease!
Good call. I'm terrified at losing to them. It is 100% happen. I can see it now. I would avoid Big Footy for a year we would cop it that hard.

Good call. I'm terrified at losing to them. It is 100% happen. I can see it now. I would avoid Big Footy for a year we would cop it that hard.

It honestly just feels like destiny. After the trades back and forth, Gibbs/Betts/McGovern, swapping draft picks and death riding each other for two years straight, and then last year when us beating them felt like a 'moment' where we essentially swapped places - it just makes sense that they'll get their only win for the year in round 16 against us.

God I hope they beat Hawthorn, and then essentially pull up stumps and play the kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back