How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not, even some of your own supporters are saying the same thing.
You're looking at it with your navy blue glasses on and ignoring the evidence that is in front of you.

Yes its not conclusive, but the evidence points to other teams not rating Stocker as highly.

They could all be wrong, as its irrelevant once the player is picked... but your point is unprovable and the evidence we do have points the other way.

There is no evidence what so ever

Unless anyone here has every recruiters rankings, it is all conjecture, from all of us

Tex isnt the focal point.
Hasnt been top 2 in our goal kicking for 5 years or so.

Isnt playing deep (like McGovern).

We have plenty to replace them. Himmelberg is exceeding Jenkins' output already.
We have Fogarty to replace Tex. He will be a star.
Not concerned one bit.
Tex has not been leading goal kicker for years because of Betts pretty much. He is still your main focal point, he’s just not very good.

You Stated that Tex was averaging double the disposals of McGovern, when it’s only 1.5 times and Tex is kicking less goals per game.

Once McGovern’s fitness levels increase with continuity of games, he will be a 2-3 goal consistent third tall. That’s all we wanted and he’s only 24 so our forward line has all showed enough to be a force for next 6-8 years at least.

Himmelberg might replace Jenkins but hasn’t shown enough yet.

Fogarty may be a gun. He looks to have talent but at this stage he could also turn out to be one of those fully developed juniors who bully kids but don’t make it against men.

There are more questions of your aging list than just those couple anyway.

The biggest component of the trade is looking like your first pick in 2020.

Stocker (rated beyond the teens by all other clubs other than Carlton) will not be the big ticket item if you finish in the bottom 2.
and if he wins multiple bnfs, multiple AA appearances a brownlow and 2 norm smiths then what?

Still think the trade was worth the risk, this year's draft is nowhere n ear as loaded as last year's, also Adelaide's recent drafting and young player development is hardly setting the world on fire. Still expect the Crow to finish around 10th or 11th, they are a pretty bog ordinary footy team, also rans if you prefer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

talking about hypothetical while you just said we will give away a top 5 pick...
Sorry, didn't realise 1-6 was irrelevant.

Given your injury list and the way Carlton's form is looking, I wouldn't exactly say it's ridiculous to make the assertion that you'll finish in the bottom 5.

I'd love to know who you think you'll beat to finish 13th or higher, though.

You're looking at it with your navy blue glasses on and ignoring the evidence that is in front of you.

Yes its not conclusive, but the evidence points to other teams not rating Stocker as highly.

They could all be wrong, as its irrelevant once the player is picked... but your point is unprovable and the evidence we do have points the other way.

He is simply saying you have very little evidence on where clubs rated him. You have to admit you have no idea OTHER than Carlton about where he was rated.
I would hazard a guess that Carlton were probably the side with his rating the highest. Still does not mean there may have been others with a top 10 rating of Stocker, likewise many with a rating above 20 as well.

He is simply saying you have very little evidence on where clubs rated him. You have to admit you have no idea OTHER than Carlton about where he was rated.
I would hazard a guess that Carlton were probably the side with his rating the highest. Still does not mean there may have been others with a top 10 rating of Stocker, likewise many with a rating above 20 as well.

Well you can assume when teams have multiple picks before that (and obviously would've chosen guys like King, King, Rozee, Rankine, Luko, Walsh ahead) and they pick someone else, that he was at least a little way down the list.

There's a fair bit of obvious logic involved.

If CFC really rated him that highly that means they would've chosen him over some at least 1 of those players listed (if they had say pick 6 or 7). I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have.

That said not sure he would've gone a lot further down the draft. He is obviously a talent that a lot of clubs would've loved to have.

Well you can assume when teams have multiple picks before that (and obviously would've chosen guys like King, King, Rozee, Rankine, Luko, Walsh ahead) and they pick someone else, that he was at least a little way down the list.

There's a fair bit of obvious logic involved.

If CFC really rated him that highly that means they would've chosen him over some at least 1 of those players listed (if they had say pick 6 or 7). I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have.

That said not sure he would've gone a lot further down the draft. He is obviously a talent that a lot of clubs would've loved to have.

The rumor I heard was Carlton had

Walsh, Luko, Rankine, Max King, Caldwell and then Stocker.

So maybe a combination of needs and purely high rankings.

Well it doesnt, but lets cut the "could've been every teams 2nd choice" garbage.
Many teams had 2 choices before Stocker went and chose not to take him.

Fine to back the recruiters in, but will you again after possibly giving away a top 2 pick?

Number of picks per club up to pick 19.

Adelaide 2
Brisbane 0
Carlton 1
Collingwood 1
Essendon 0
Fremantle 1
Geelong 1
Gold Coast 3
GWS 2
Hawthorn 0
Melbourne 0
North Melb 1
Port Adel 3
Richmond 0
St Kilda 1
Sydney 1
West Bulldogs 1
WCE 0

Four teams had two or more picks. Six teams hadn't had a pick.

How do you know Stocker wasn't the next pick for ANY team?

It’s pointless being like that though regardless of passion. If you truly are a Carlton supporter, you support them in the good and bad times and although you get angry at times, you still keep the faith. Bagging the club just makes you a fair weather.

It's not pointless.

If people showed zero passion John Elliott would still be in power. So I guess those who bagged that administration demanding better were fair weather fans going by your summation.

Same with every other failure of a group running the club. If people say nothing, nothing changes.

Blind faith is the bastion of the gullible.

“Some of your own supporters”

So because some supporters agree with you, you must be right?

I’m sure I can find an Adelaide fan who thinks your club is a basket case.

Are they right?

What a ridiculous thing to suggest.

And there are no navy blue glasses here. I’m just using logic.

Yes its not conclusive, but the evidence points to other teams not rating Stocker as highly

I am fully prepared to admit we may have rated Stocker higher than anyone else.

And again I will say it’s not relevant, as we rated him at 6 and I’d be filthy if we weren’t prepared to back ourselves in.

You keep saying you have evidence, yet you haven’t put forward any.

So I’ll ask again. What evidence do you have?

I note you completely ignored the scenario I put forward re: Carlton having 3 picks in the early stages of the draft. I wonder why...

Really doesnt matter where any team had Stocker ranked or where they may have taken him

Richmond had Hill then O'halloran and Smith at our 1st rounder but with RCD expected to go earlier and being available they took RCd
Gold Coast was taking Jez McLennan no matter who was available at #23 and Gws was hard for O'Halloran at #22

Fact remains Carlto rated Stocker higher than most and pulled the trigger and got their man.

I'm pretty sure Carlton expected to finish this year better than bottom 4 and was worth the calculated risk/trade and were probably expevting Crows to be around 6-10 so the draft pick differential would not have been massive and seen to be worth the extra pick.

Would Sos do the same trade if he thought Carlton would finish bottom 2 and Crows top 6 , Probably not but whats done is done and the outcome for me will depend on 2 things.

1 - What type of player Liam Stocker becomes in 4/5 years will have a better idea
2- Mathew Rowell / Noah Anderson being the most likely 2 best players which player is likely at the pick thats been traded turn out like

Mate, every club has bad periods of time. Hawks 1991-2006 is not much longer than our current run of bad choices and limited success. Look at our history, still after all these years of pain in the top couple of most successful clubs. The clubs poor decisions stopped after 2014 but they have made all decisions for sustained success. Not to just put a team together for a one year tilt then sit mid table. Have faith, we are on the right track and look at our draw and you will see that we will get a bit of a run on late in season and win 6-8 games.

We're not going to finish the season off strong. We needed to start strong while the young players we'rent cooked.

We'll be lucky to win 4 games and that's being optimistic after sitting through that North Melbourne game.

Love how the Crow supporters are up and about

Have beaten 3 sides that were bottom 6 from last year and probably still will be come season's end

Swans that look like a bottom 6 and lost to North

Let's see how they fair, from here to the bye
They were all in the top 8 when we beat them......like I said, our mojo looks like it's back....last post here. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back