Prediction How far do we go in the finals?

How far?

• Elimination Final

• Semi Final

• Preliminary Final

• Grand Final

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will understand if we lose to WC over there in the first final. Less excited but will understand if we lose that final at home.

If we somehow win a final, any more wins is a bonus - but playing close to full strength finals teams makes it unlikely IMO.

I think we can win week 1, and that will be as far as we can go this year.

The confidence from winning a final will be awesome for the kids.

Big boy s**t in 2017, premiers or bust... If the injuries don't screw us again.

Excuse me for posting but I thought at the start of the year that the Dogs were every chance of making the GF. Injuries may well stop you from getting that far. I give you every chance of winning in the first week because you have so far overcome lots of injury set backs that would have derailed most teams (see Collingwood). Only caveat is have a home final in the first week.

The Dogs have a good chance of beating Hawthorn or Geelong if you meet either in the second week. So maybe another PF.

Good luck. I will be supporting your team.

At the risk of sounding glass-half-empty, I'm pretty confident that we will be exiting the finals series in the first week. We just don't have the cattle.

Hrovat
Dunkley
Cordy
Boyd
Webb
Roberts

^ none of these are finals quality players yet imo. Too many to carry as most of them will be playing. Jong is iffy. Was good in our final last year so I won't rule him out.

With Wood I think we are about a 10% chance of winning a final. Without him probably 1%.

I'd just be bloody stoked to win one. And I think we can.

This group deserves it.
Will understand if we lose to WC over there in the first final. Less excited but will understand if we lose that final at home.

If we somehow win a final, any more wins is a bonus - but playing close to full strength finals teams makes it unlikely IMO.

Agree win a final would be an improvement on last year. We can't expect too much more given the outs, but of course we can always hope and dream, there are 8 teams who would have loved that chance this year.

If we play the first one at home we are a chance to win one.

Dunno but I do think Bev is a wiley ole bugger - our game now suits MCG more than Etihad, we've learnt to win in tight games regularly, we have a finals game style (those free flowing wins were great but rarely seen in finals). Add to that the rediculously close top 8 this year. Players coming back in. Feck it all the way!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot will depend on how the top 8 finishes, and then how the finals results pan out. With the way this team has performed against all odds this year anything is possible.

One thing that really annoys me though is the so called experts in the media writing us off because we don't blow out teams. This was the common theme on the post game reviews on the radio last night - the Dogs are no chance in September because they struggle to score 100 each week.

However finals are usually low scoring, tightly contested affairs - just look at the scores from last year. The losing scores were 51, 55, 60, 61, 61, 64, 67, 88 and 102 (us). Very few teams have been able to score heavily against us this year, despite the fact we play most of our games at Etihad and have been decimated by injury. This augurs well for finals football.

If we get a home final I would be disappointed if we don't win, losing would mean no improvement from last year

Win at least one final gives us a reasonable year

Win 2 and make the prelim I don't think I could take another prelim loss after seeing each one since 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we have already improved on last year. We had a tougher draw this year, more injuries to key position players and we still ended up with 15 wins (with a winnable game to play). I think a number of players have improved but I would like us to improve our set shots and our forward play in general. I think most teams would take 16 wins in a home and away season if offered at the start of the year.
Next year we need to beat the Cats and the hawks to give us - fans and players- belief.

If we can win week one with the players we have out id be rapt

Don't think the group playing now are good enough to even beat Eagles and the G so praying we get some back before then.

Don't think we have much chance beating any of the top 5 carrying so many blokes.

Sydney at the SCG via Geelong at the G is probably a more likely scenario than either Geelong or Hawthorn in a prelim if we make it that far.

Sorry probably wasn't clear. Geelong or Hawthorn are gettable in a Semi. Don't think we can beat Sydney at the SCG or Adelaide at AO in a Prelim.

If we can win week one with the players we have out id be rapt

Don't think the group playing now are good enough to even beat Eagles and the G so praying we get some back before then.

Don't think we have much chance beating any of the top 5 carrying so many blokes.
West Coast without NicNat are a much different and pedestrian side than with him. With him I'd expect a 10 goal loss at the MCG. Without him, who knows?

West Coast without NicNat are a much different and pedestrian side than with him. With him I'd expect a 10 goal loss at the MCG. Without him, who knows?

Nah they arnt that good away from home

Over there I'd expect a slapping but here at the G with Nat probably a 20 point loss, without him I'd expect to win.

I saw them 3 weeks ago against the pies without Nic Nat there midfield is average and don't win enough ball.

semi final, believe we will beat west coast in the elim. but will probably go down just to one of the top four teams

They just said on AFL tonight there is chance we could play North in the first week of finals, could someone explain to me how that is possible?

If it's at the G we should be beating WC without Nic Nat.

If we can get Wood, Macrae, Suckling and Libba back for a second final.. But Adams is the big out.

Back