Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think it's pathetic - how hard is it to sit the player down across your desk, give him the news face to face, and then explain what he needs to do to get back in the team.
I reckon selection is done after the players have left for the day.

They train the players do after training rehab then go home. The coaches discuss the team for the week in their "non contact" time. This discussion could end a few hours after the players have left.

Would be more of a hassle to get the player back to the club to tell him face to face.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why do our fans hate this bloke so much? I agree he has been disappointing this year and clearly he isn't LOVING his footy at the moment which isn't helping the situation, but he has kicked 260+ goals in the past 6 years for us at an average of 2 goals a game.

He also cost us a bag of 2nd hand rollerblades at the trade table back when we snared him from Essendon.

He isn't Josh Kennedy, but he was never going to be.

He was our best forward, literally last season.

His bad is bad, but his good is real good. And generally speaking he has been pretty consistant as a 2nd forward / 2nd ruck for 6-7 straight years.

This being said....

I think he needs a few weeks in the 2's just to find a little form and possibly change his attitude towards his career. If he doesn't take big steps in the next month, I would say we should trade him at the end of the year, BUT and it's a big BUT - he has been a great servant of the Adelaide Football Club.

I like that he's filthy - any player worth their salt should be. The question is whether he's filthy at himself for letting his standards slip from a reasonably good benchmark last year, or filthy at the club for temporarily revoking his gold pass. The message from the coaches should be to show how bad he really wants it over the next month in SANFL, and not just chip-scabbing goals - actually using his size and strength in the forward line to create contests and bring his teammates into the game. Too many times in the first month he would be unable to even halve a contest which I suspect is the main catalyst for the dropping. Go into the ruck and show some aggression against guys like Baulderstone and put his body on the line for the club, show that you're a leader and inspire the young guys out there with you.

Hang on, what the ****, we dropped him over the phone as well?!

So we omit Gibbs, and tell him over the phone, we drop Jenkins, and tell him over the phone?

What is this gutless crap?

More importantly, why are there so many articles interviewing our players about getting dropped?

It's unheard of across the board.

More importantly, why are there so many articles interviewing our players about getting dropped?

Yup, we've gone from super tight to leaking like a sieve in that regard.

JJ's comments would not be so bad if he played a ripper in the SANFL.

Pissed.to be dropped, Pykey and him had a robust conversation.

It would read like he was upset he was dropped, naturally, and after working through it with Pykey improved in the areas that were lacking.

But his comments coupled with a stinker of an SANFL game make him out to be a petulant child.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He had a stinker at SANFL level, simply because he went into the match with the wrong attitude ....that it was beneath him ...and it showed in his body language

If they bring him back this week, it will have achieved nothing

JJ living in fantasy land if he thinks not chasing, not leading, not marking or bringing the ball to the ground, always looking for the ball over the back and not kicking goals from 1m out is going to keep you in the side.
But apart from that, what has he done wrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, Myles Poholke wasn't being interviewed about being dropped.

If Clarkson were to drop the Chad, or if Goodwin axed Petracca, there'd be articles about that. Plenty of media interest when a team is struggling, and a "big" name gets a spell in the ressies.

I hope not, and, if it is, it doesn't mean is the way the AFC needs to operate; it's a weak and unaccountable way of delivering that message.

I'd be filthy if I was dropped by phone.
Club is run by cowards.

I still think it's pathetic - how hard is it to sit the player down across your desk, give him the news face to face, and then explain what he needs to do to get back in the team.
Who knows what time the match committee finishes meeting. Probably easier to inform the players by phone afterwards, than wait until the next day

Who knows what time the match committee finishes meeting. Probably easier to inform the players by phone afterwards, than wait until the next day

Easier, sure, but it is still soft.

They'd know what they were doing early on, and would finalise the decision on Thursday.

Not having the balls to address it in person is pathetic; but it doesn't surprise me.

Also seeing those squads being released on Thursday may dictate as well.

A phone call is much better then nothing.

Easier, sure, but it is still soft.

They'd know what they were doing early on, and would finalise the decision on Thursday.

Not having the balls to address it in person is pathetic; but it doesn't surprise me.

Yes, but when do they finalise the decision on Thursday, and are the players expected to be at the club when it occurs?

We've seen that Jenkins knew he was in danger of the axe throughout the week which would indicate he had been told that prior to that axing that he was in danger of this occurring, so it's not like it was out of the blue. Not only that, but it's not a conversation that could wait until the next day, because, you know it gets announced externally. Not telling a player is cowardly, phone not so in this instance. If the players are however expected to be at the club when it does occur, then yes it is cowardly, I however doubt that is the case.

Sounds like a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Interestingly I noticed against the Suns when Lynch kicked his only goal (1 I think), he didn't seem to celebrate much at all. It was almost like relief. We all know how bad that lynch is going atm but at least he seems to acknowledge it. With JJ's recent comments it seems like he's in denial. Very immature.

Don’t think bitching about it will help

Not half as dirty as most supporters who have had to put up with his shyte performances this year & are paying his healthy salary!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back