Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lynch comes out and sooks IF he is dropped then its ridiculous. Lynch was ironically applauded on the weekend when he actually delivered a decent kick to someone for the first time.

When your supporters get against you because you are playing poorly, as was the case with JJ and to a degree Gibbs, then having a sook is delusional at best.
Lynch is a weird one to judge. Numbers look good, GPS would look solid and his positioning was good. Most of the indicators that coaches look at he would be near top of the class.

But those foot skills........

He's out of form, and our exclusions have been more effort based.

I could be reading into things but these kinds of things suggest to me there could be breakdown between senior coach and individual players and/or playing group. Pyke looked uneasy coaching from the bench on Sunday, looked more desperate than a man with complete control of the situation.
Tell you what, if he looks uncomfortable on the bench and sets up a 10 goal win each time, I'm fully supportive of his uncomfortable state!

I could be reading into things but these kinds of things suggest to me there could be breakdown between senior coach and individual players and/or playing group. Pyke looked uneasy coaching from the bench on Sunday, looked more desperate than a man with complete control of the situation.
Sounds like an improvement

At least he's showing some sort of emotion. Up to date every criticism of him in the coaching box is of him showing no emotion and looking like a deer in the headlights

Blighty has basically said he needs to pull his head in and let his footy do the talking and he’d lock him in his room.

Oh I agree the pressures on as it should be.

But KE is right, cracks are beginning to show, as it wasn’t just Jenkins complaining in the media.
What cracks when the boys responded in the AFL?
Verbal communications with the media is not the be all. Results on-field would be much more meaningful, as well actions on-field.

Jenkins is simply out of form. What he says is just white-noise unless his form picks up.

I agree he didn't look comfortable. I noticed not many players were conversing with him. I liked it anyway. Players need to know who's boss. I feel the mistake Pyke made is that from the beginning he was too easy on them. It was a very difficult time though obviously when he came in. I think many of the players likely felt Don didn't back them last year as well and this has caused a rift. If it has it might need to be the coach that goes. Time will tell but we cannot have the tail wagging the dog. That has happened many a time at the afc over the years. I do feel match committee has caused a lot of this bullshit and the main cancer in our club is Campo. A very destructive force that must be extracted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left wing PC culture has been eroding this for decades.

Even though I only played Div 3 ammos in my day, you'd sit in the clubrooms, the coach would sit down and have a sherbet with you, tell you why you have been dropped and what you need to work on. He always emphasized that the team came before the individual.

That line of thinking has stayed with me to this day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back