Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
After club loyalties, the next best passion holder is dreamteam and supercoact.

I was thought bubbling about how to get the supercoach v dreamteam rep game going

Obviously dreamteam and supercoach provide the sponsorship ovbiously.

There are 22 rounds and 22 players so each weekly supercoach and dreamteam overall winner also wins the right to select a player for the final supercoach and dreamteam teams. Maybe selection goes in order of pointa scored. The overall winners can nominate the coaching panel etc.

Throw some cash around for players and participants some razzamatazz and when the actuual dreamteam v supercoach game comes round there'll be lots of interest

Dreamteam v Supercoach. Yeah considering that a natural born state based allegiance failed I can really see the players and general public suiting up for a game between 2 made up teams based on fantasy scores. Not...

I think SOO can work if they play 2 games a year.
WA v SA in the first bye week. Play with 4 on the bench plus 2 subs to try to mitigate against injuries caused by fatigue. Winner plays against Vic in the second bye week. Next year the winner gets to host the second game as a final, the runner up gets to host the first game so it's a winner takes all set up over the years. 2 games makes is simple, fast and achievable. I'd give it a 2 year trial to see where it leaves us and after that reassess it. I'd consider playing it on the Thursday night of the bye week, with no games on the Sunday of the week before and no games until Saturday the week after so that the star players who partake at least get 8 days off.

Call it the Pro Bowl hold it in Hawaii a week before the GF, minus the grand final players obviously, and make it no contact. Hold a mini draft to determine sides headed by team captains Daniel Chick and Stuart Dew. Team Chick in fluoro orange v Team Dew in grey. No wags allowed to attend. Instant buy in.

Dreamteam v Supercoach. Yeah considering that a natural born state based allegiance failed I can really see the players and general public suiting up for a game between 2 made up teams based on fantasy scores. Not...

WA v SA in the first bye week. Play with 4 on the bench plus 2 subs to try to mitigate against injuries caused by fatigue. Winner plays against Vic in the second bye week. Next year the winner gets to host the second game as a final, the runner up gets to host the first game so it's a winner takes all set up over the years. 2 games makes is simple, fast and achievable. I'd give it a 2 year trial to see where it leaves us and after that reassess it. I'd consider playing it on the Thursday night of the bye week, with no games on the Sunday of the week before and no games until Saturday the week after so that the star players who partake at least get 8 days off.
The bolded bit would never happen because it would require the AFL to admit that fatigue leads to injuries!

Are fxxking kidding me? This is my fxxking idea.

lKvZtQN.png

2XYWZBj.png

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/state-of-origin-revisited.668337/

Twelfth post.

WA v SA in the first bye week. Play with 4 on the bench plus 2 subs to try to mitigate against injuries caused by fatigue. Winner plays against Vic in the second bye week.

Has the same problem SoO always does - if you arent from Victoria, South Australia or West Australia, GTFO.

also has the problem of two games in the same year - hard enough getting one game a year i reckon

the only workable way IMO is a six team "promotion/relegation" style - first year can be

1.Vic v SA
2.WA v QLD/NT
3.NSW/ACT v TAS

Winner of game 1 are the "national champions". YOu lose game 1, you go to game 2, you lose game 2, you go to game 3 etc. Conversely, you win game 2, you go to game 1

If you want to split QLD & NT you could perhaps start NT out, and each year the loser of game 3 sits out the following year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the same problem SoO always does - if you arent from Victoria, South Australia or West Australia, GTFO.

Works well for RL SOO, I dislike both NSW and QLD but I still enjoy the games.

Just need to make eligibility different to what it is(was). If mother, father, grandmothers and grandfathers were born in VIC/SA/WA you can nominate one of those teams to where your allegiance lie. This will also allow players like Adam Goodes who is a South Australian at heart to play for the Crow Eaters rather than for Victoria where they played their junior footy, as he would prefer.

We will never have a true national Australian Rules team. We need to embrace the heart lands of our game, so we can show off the best vs the best at some level.

If the dominance of Victoria was to continue it would only lead to a rivalry between WA and SA as to who will get the chance to be able to knock off those "Bloody Victorians". People could get behind this without a vested interest in either of the three states. And the WA v SA game could be the best games of the two game format as they line up pretty well together. If Victoria starts out dominant all that will lead to is a WA or SA team getting a chance at twice the experience playing with each other each year as they play as a team twice as much each year. The gap between Victoria and the other two sides will shrink in time.

I don't want to see any such all stars teams. We need passion in these games and these are the heart lands for the passion of our game.

Settle down, your poorly communicated idea isn't exactly groundbreaking. It's been thrown around multiple times by multiple people, both before and after you made that post. Doesn't mean they stole your idea.

I know I was reading it shaking my head. I have worked hard on my grammar but still room for improvement.

To me this is an original idea and one I have posted on more than one occasion. Though I was only able to find one posting in the archives.

I think they should run state of origin like soccer in the olympics. All players are under 22yo except for 2 or 3 older players who you make captains. For the young players this could be the biggest game of their often short careers and the older players can put state captain on their achievements list. Even if they have no success at club level. I think all players would have a fair crack at it not like the circle work previous SOO and all star games have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back