Society/Culture How Wonderful is this!! (random news.com article)

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley

Probable Abbott voters. 6 years ago these born to rule franchisees had contempt for people on the dole/staff/wages and now look at them. 900k poorer with hopefully no assets at all.

Now they're actually at the bottom. They can work their weekends for standard pay! It will be very interesting to see whether they bludge on the dole or "go out there" and work hard. I love this stuff. If they end up to start voting labor or greens they should be shot!

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Farmers, tradies, now franchisees... The list of occupations you despise grows longer by the day.

Serious question, what do you actually do for a living?

You make it sound like I hate everyone. I have no problem whatsoever with white collar employees or all PAYG earners for that matter. I only hate 10% of the workforce. And they are all the bottom of society. The ones that got it easy and show contempt to the poor, now they are poor it will be interesting to see if their political views remain the same. You also seem to disacknowledge I only hate tradies with an abn and plumbers in general.

What about the little man? The man paid 45k for 38hrs a week, works 43. Told to take his leave & holidays when it suits the company. You have to work every Christmas, every boxing day, every easter. What about that guy huh

Last edited:
I'm an elec engineer (or as the tradies call them a ginger beer!). But I strove from that path shortly before it even began and I flip houses and I now owner build them (thanks youtube). It didn't take me long to figure out plumbers and boomers get it easy compared to everyone else. It's isolating but far more rewarding than being underpaid by people dumber than me and inferior individuals overall. I just recently turned 30 :( and am on my third house!

You make it sound like I hate everyone. I have no problem whatsoever with white collar employees or all PAYG earners for that matter. I only hate 10% of the workforce. And they are all the bottom of society. The ones that got it easy and show contempt to the poor, now they are poor it will be interesting to see if their political views remain the same.

What about the little man? The man paid 45k for 38hrs a week, works 43. Told to take his leave & holidays when it suits the company. You have to work every Christmas, every boxing day, every easter. What about that guy huh
Hang on, you're openly admitting to making a living off flipping houses which is only possible through the economic conditions that have seen house prices climb 200% since 2001, the same conditions that mean many people will never be able to afford to own property, and you're standing on a mahogany soapbox on the internet sticking up for the little man?

Like, your "job" is nothing more than value in assets being manufactured on paper and you have the nerve to say other people are at the bottom of society?

Just * off dude

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Hang on, you're openly admitting to making a living off flipping houses which is only possible through the economic conditions that have seen house prices climb 200% since 2001, the same conditions that mean many people will never be able to afford to own property, and you're standing on a mahogany soapbox on the internet sticking up for the little man?

Like, your "job" is nothing more than value in assets being manufactured on paper and you have the nerve to say other people are at the bottom of society?

Just fu** off dude

So if I don't agree with it I shouldn't do it :D Like every conservative piece of s**t says "I'm not ripping anyone off I'm contributing by saving old homes and making them new for families to live in" "I'm a gem to society and create jobs somehow". Maybe if you did this you'd understand how much of a ripoff tradies actually are.

I grew up with a hard working father in the public service (conditions absolutely atrocious past decade). Next to a 150kg neighbour couch tradie who inherited his silicone business from his grandfather and constantly cheated tax. He made his housewife company director and his work cars were 2 BMW (1 hers) and 1 Holden Grange. 2 of my mates from school will also inherit their dads franchises and these are unstable people and their dads drunks. Both of them have gone on benders and both crashed their cars lol one in and out of rehab. There's a clear pattern in this country with dropouts making millions and hard working decent people making 45k and being forced to work Christmas day. The answer out of that is houses

And this is my thread incase you forgot. The thread topic today is "Conservatives unexpectdly go bankrupt and why they shouldn't attack the poor so much."

Last edited:
So if I don't agree with it I shouldn't do it :D

I grew up with a hard working father in the public service (conditions absolutely atrocious past decade). Next to a 150kg neighbour tradie who inherited his silicone business from his grandfather and constantly cheated tax. He made his housewife company director and his work cars were 2 BMW (1 hers) and 1 Holden Grange. 2 of my mates from school will also inherit their dads franchises and these are unstable people and their dads drunks. Both of them have gone on benders and both crashed their cars lol one in and out of rehab. There's a clear pattern in this country with dropouts making millions and hard working people with familys making 45k and being forced to work Christmas day. The answer out of that is houses
Why did you edit your post? The previous edition where you said you were a "timing god" and were aiming to eventually have a house in Noosa with an ornate fireplace was a window to your soul. Now you've done a total 180 from Wolf of Wall
St back to Robin Hood.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Why did you edit your post? The previous edition where you said you were a "timing god" and were aiming to eventually have a house in Noosa with an ornate fireplace was a window to your soul. Now you've done a total 180 from Wolf of Wall
St back to Robin Hood.

I watched a video of John Mayer with BB King and thought he appeared arrogant. I should probably keep my life achievements and the fact I'm a property god to myself. I also believe abn tradies are cretins so bragging about my own ability made me look as though I thought I was an elitist to honest tradies. Those ones actually work hard! I basically am them and do their job everyday. No idea how some piece of s**t independant tradie can quote someone the prices they do though. I got quoted $1400 to extend a hot water pipe 3 meters! I bought the sharkbite connectors and did it myself. Paid some non rip off guy from Hampton Park to sign off on it. Cost $60 plus $80. Biggest joke of it all was this plumber was a friend and this was apparently mates rates. Makes wonder if they charge $500 to swap a shower head.

Let's stop talking about my personal life and get back on topic of laughing at conservatives being put in the shoes of welfare recepients. And why they shouldn't be dumb apathetic campaigners. All I can say for these people they should've got a plumbing apprenticeship not a Nandos

Last edited:

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Probable Abbott voters. 6 years ago these born to rule franchisees had contempt for people on the dole/staff/wages and now look at them. 900k poorer with hopefully no assets at all.

Now they're actually at the bottom. They can work their weekends for standard pay! It will be very interesting to see whether they bludge on the dole or "go out there" and work hard. I love this stuff. If they end up to start voting labor or greens they should be shot!

You monumental fool! These are incredibly hardworking franchisee's, small business owners with huge personal debts who've been ripped off by an unscrupulous multinational.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
You monumental fool! These are incredibly hardworking franchisee's, small business owners with huge personal debts who've been ripped off by an unscrupulous multinational.

I know! But they also thought everyone was poor and had to be killed 6 years ago and ushered in their beloved Abbott. These people would've loved the 2014 budget, them and everyone like them! They probably had a picture of Joe Hockey on their wall (when they owned the wall). Not thinking of the blood on their hands and only about themselves!

Obviously anyone with sense would never buy a franchise. These people obviously came about a family fortune, hated the poor and now are the poor themselves. How wonderful. They are in their appropriate class bracket. As no one who would buy a franchise should have that much money.

Not so long ago they wanted mealsonwheels dead and now they're advocating for it.

Last edited:

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I know! But they also thought everyone was poor and had to be killed 6 years ago and ushered in their beloved Abbott. These people would've loved the 2014 budget, them and everyone like them! They probably had a picture of Joe Hockey on their wall (when they owned the wall).

Obviously anyone with sense would never buy a franchise. These people obviously came about a family fortune, hated the poor and now are the poor themselves. How wonderful. They are in their appropriate class bracket. As no one who would buy a franchise should have that much money.

Not so long ago they wanted mealsonwheels dead and now they're advocating for it.
No, you know absolutely nothing about them you twit. Seek help.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
No, you know absolutely nothing about them you twit. Seek help.

The day they walked into that polling booth they were hoping Joe would pull out his Armenian sword and cull the peasants! I wonder now if they understand true vulnerability. You'd have to hope another 2014 would scare the s**t out of them. All that feel good conservative rise up inside them probably all but gone. It's just a shame all conservatives can't go through this experience and see the poor need our help before we perceive them as being lazy and unwilling

Do you think they'd ever work at a fast food place? They can always do that and rent. It's not like they have a disability? Maybe they've got it pretty good and should stop whinging to the media

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

Terrible post.

You 'love it' when families lose everything? Imagine you had put your life savings (and house) up for the cash to buy a business, worked your ass off and then lost everything.

Their mistake was buying a franchise. While you get name brand recognition, you're always at the mercy of head office. Most business of boutique law firms is working with mums and dads that have been screwed over with franchises or dodgy sleazeball small company owner types, and lost everything. Twenty years of life savings, the kids college funds, the house, everything.

Somehow you managed to drag Abbott, Labor and the Greens into your OP as well, just to stir s**t.

Just an awful post.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Terrible post.

You 'love it' when families lose everything? Imagine you had put your life savings (and house) up for the cash to buy a business, worked your ass off and then lost everything.

Their mistake was buying a franchise. While you get name brand recognition, you're always at the mercy of head office. Most business of boutique law firms is working with mums and dads that have been screwed over with franchises or dodgy sleazeball small company owner types, and lost everything. Twenty years of life savings, the kids college funds, the house, everything.

Somehow you managed to drag Abbott, Labor and the Greens into your OP as well, just to stir s**t.

Just an awful post.

Lol what, I don't think you understand my argument at all. The entire reason I find this wonderful is because that family hypothetically a group of horrible Queenslanders who wanted to kill the poor in 2014, cheat tax and underpay their staff etc. Not the type of honest families you suggest. I didn't drag Abbott into the argument, that is the argument. Like I said the whole reason I find this wonderful is because this family hypothetically are a bunch of 2014 budget worshippers.

I don't even know that family personally. I don't derive any satisfaction from this family's losses personally. Or know whether they are even conservative. They are simply my symbol for all conservative arseholes who wanted to kill the poor in 2014 and have now met their own misfortune through greed. Which I do derive satisfaction from personally. It's great to see this (unless of course they voted against the 2014 budget then it's an absolutely terrible situation just like you say)

But I somehow don't think they would've liked Richard DiNatalie. There would be a lot of people out there who loved/supported what Abbott/Hockey did and are now facing poverty due to poor investing or small business struggles. Which I find wonderful. You don't think they deserve it for that 2014 budget? I certainly do. It's great

Last edited:

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been open about my mental illness, but people like OP put me to shame. Holy s**t.
You are going great mate
I find this wonderful....that family is hypothetically a group of horrible Queenslanders who wanted to kill the poor.. tax cheats.... I didn't drag Abbott into the argument, that is the argument. .....I don't even know that family
And yeah I'm out..

Last edited:

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
And yeah I'm out..

If you don't understand what I'm saying. Then you're rather unintelligent! Also to the other poster. Having mental illness does not give you a free pass to mock it

It actually seems no one wants to talk about conservatives that supported the 2014 budget currently going bankrupt and getting what they deserve. That is the the topic of the thread. All the left aligned people in this thread want to pretend they receive no satisfaction watching these greedy horrible people going bankrupt. But they do. You can all keep pretending to feel sorry for them, and pretend to only comprehend me talking about this family in a literal sense and not using them as an example. I'll just sit back and enjoy the wonderful karma they've received for giving me Joe Hockey for 18 months

I know a bunch of people on here wished QLD to be flooded after the liberals won and felt disgusted donating to these people in the past. It is to these people I say come, share my goat.

But if we can't look and laugh and then discuss a certain political demographic people getting their perfect karma like a bunch of mature adults. Then perhaps there is little point to this thread. Not for me anyway

Last edited:

Dark_Benny78

Draftee
Jul 27, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you do your own gas work as well?

It's possible that you might have a carbon monoxide leak. You can pick up a cheap CO detector from Bunnings, that will be the fastest way to find out.

I paid A1 gas automotive in Hallam $220 for a dynotune to tune my LPG system after getting a new converter installed. Apparently they are extremely reputable. They gave the car back to me undrivable and backfiring. After a real professional looked over it, I found that the rubber stops on both lockoff solenoids had perished. That is the solenoid at the tank and the other solenoid right before the converter.

This means they gave the car back to me with gas freely leaking into the manifold while the car was off! And seeping gas into the manifold whilst running on petrol! The only way to stop the car leaking gas was to shut the manual tap off at the tank.

Apparently their dynotune machine is unique and magical and didn't see the Air/fuel mixtures were drastically off, not to mention they apprently tuned two screws on the converter that require fine adjsutment relative to the cars idle. But the spluttered rather than idled. Honest mistake to make I assumed they were being mechanics and tuned it by ear myself $220 poorer.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to do some gas work in Vic. And these bastard plumbers know that hence why they are the highest paid tradies. The law however does state a CEC isn't required to be lodged if the work is valued under $750.

Last edited:
Back