Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say both side of politics love high low skilled immigration from developing countries for similar and different reasons. It wouldn’t change if Labor had been in Federal government for the last thirty years, it could arguably be worse as migrants tend to align themselves with Labor.

Liberals love it because it maintains minimum wages artificially low benefiting a section of their comparatively wealthier voter base who employ these people cheaply while preventing the economy slowing down significantly helping their narrative of being good economic managers, which is bullsh*t because any simpleton can come up with this kind of unsophisticated policy.

Labor for similar reasons, the economy keeps chugging along by bringing in more taxpayers and thereby adding more money to the government coffers and has the added benefit of increasing their voter base that overwhelmingly votes Labor.

Contrary to your bigoted baseless assumptions I get my information from the horse’s mouth and have actually talked a fair amount, in the hundreds over the last decade, of Indians and Filipinos.

Wouldn’t call them friends but in conversations I’ve had with them they do reveal that they mostly get permanent residency in Australia via studying courses related to the hospitality industry (cookery for example) that are relatively easy to complete.

Very few attempt, at least that I've come across, courses at the level of STEM/Medicine/Law/etc… and those that do many end up reverting to hospitality level courses because they find them too hard to complete and usually more expensive.

My dislike of the migration program has nothing to do with prejudice like you ignorantly but that it add little benefit to millions of Australian already living here in the long term, housing unaffordability is case in point, infrastructure bursting at the seams that has meant the likes of Andrews has thrown money around like confetti and used it as a propaganda tool for this government is another.

Would feel the same if we were bringing low skilled workers from Denmark, Belgium, etc.. with little prospect of moving onto white collar professions in the long run.

The other reason that governments of all persuasions love high immigration is that it allows them to claim increased GDP. While GDP per person ie real standard of living is falling.

The other reason that governments of all persuasions love high immigration is that it allows them to claim increased GDP. While GDP per person ie real standard of living is falling.
It does blow my mind that the greens dont get behind a sustainable immigration policy - from an environmental perspective if not for the wage suppression / depressed standard of living issues.

Some people have it coming mate. People who are bigoted or deliberately ignorant should get the treatment.

You are of course correct however. But you also know that won’t stop me.😉
We expect nothing less from dirty Hawthorn supporting campaigners. Keep up the good work mate.

Yeah, I can't see how a haircut is essential. Why isn't he wearing a mask?

Sorry I edited my reply - it’s from his wife’s social media. She did the chop. Just love that we can’t see his face. Keep the suss photos coming Andrew’s clan 👍🏻🤣

Sorry I edited my reply - it’s from his wife’s social media. She did the chop. Just love that we can’t see his face. Keep the suss photos coming Andrew’s clan 👍🏻🤣
Not much to it then. We're s**t with or without Dan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found this tweet in another thread.

In a few years time when the dust has settled, I look forward to seeing where this current government will be. It’ll be a dark place for them.

Exempt from testing and quarantine.
Tell that to the many businesses going under and the people struggling to pay their bills. Victoria are in a bad place.

I'm surprised they announced it openly. Presumably they're throwing ScoMo under the bus, which is fine by me.

Was this explicitly said in the presser? I've found nothing in the media to back it up

In a few years time when the dust has settled, I look forward to seeing where this current government will be. It’ll be a dark place for them.

Tell that to the many businesses going under and the people struggling to pay their bills. Victoria are in a bad place.

How does the federal government allowing quarantine and testing exemptions become the fault of a state government?

It is completely absurd that anyone is exempt from testing and quarantine.

I'm surprised they announced it openly. Presumably they're throwing ScoMo under the bus, which is fine by me.
How does the federal government allowing quarantine and testing exemptions become the fault of a state government?

I watched the presser on YouTube, there is no direct quote like that. What he actually said was:

They are further looking into the partial results, and the ones who for some reason have no result at all.

They are getting these names, and then are looking to check their movements against the family. So far no joy.

Also they are rechecking against all state databases just to make sure noone was missed due to late data entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back