Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me sad

This pisses me off
I have an 18 and 21 year old. I am not sure if they should just grab the AZ or wait a bit longer for Pfizer. It's not an easy decision to make...or to give advice to. If they wait they probably will be fully protected quicker than waiting 12 weeks for AZ. Numbers are still low so what to do?...And then they have to agree.

On this I got my AZ very early June...in that time where it was ok for my age group...then it wasn't...then it was. My missus waited much longer (same age) and got her Phizer and is now fully protected. Due to a medical issue that has developed I cannot get my second AZ now. I have to wait longer.

Last edited:
Love Dee. Doesn't mince her words and is spot on again.

QJ36k4T.jpg

I have an 18 and 21 year old. I am not sure if they should just grab the AZ or wait a bit longer for Pfizer. It's not an easy decision to make...or to give advice to. If they wait they probably will be fully protected quicker than waiting 12 weeks for AZ. Numbers are still low so what to do?...And then they have to agree.
I am assuming those that were able to get it where people like my friend who was a 1B for Phizer (maybe 2B, youth worker) and didn't get it because it was too much effort. Not that under 40s who aren't able to get Phizer

^^
So her kid was at the park and another mother let her kids play together?
As she works, I'm guessing she has someone caring for her child. Interaction which shouldn't have occurred did so and the situation was exacerbated when the peanuts who didn't do the right thing found they had Covid didn't bother to notify those they'd interacted with.

As she works, I'm guessing she has someone caring for her child. Interaction which shouldn't have occurred did so and the situation was exacerbated when the peanuts who didn't do the right thing found they had Covid didn't bother to notify those they'd interacted with.
Id have thought making notes on the other kids at a playground (even if for contact tracing) would more likely see them arrested than anything else Chrissy?

I’m not a parent but surely you can’t have someone from outside your household caring for your child?

Thankfully we have Andrews, not the clusterfu** in NSW due to the utter incompetence of superspreaders Jik, Hazzard et al. My heart goes out to you guys.

To be fair at this point in NSW the info Jeroen could give wouldn't really be that helpful or informative.

"we have a s**t load of clusters, none of them are linked, we haven't got a clue how they could be"

Might be more use for the regional cases though which at this point should be the thing NSW contact tracers should be focusing on. i.e. do the tracing where the numbers are low enough that it will make a difference.

Last edited:
* me some Karen just told me off for using the slide at my local playground.

"There's a fine you know, there'll be signs up tomorrow".

Well fine me then you dumb campaigner :thumbsu:

Nobody needs a playground. Build some Lego, make a cubby house, play board or card games, throw the ball for the dog, throw a frisbee, kick a soccer ball, play volleyball with a balloon, the list is unlimited. If all else fails, read a BOOK.
... Do you even know what a playground is?

Hint: if you're old enough to take a dog for a walk, understand what a choking hazard is (ie: LEGO), or know how to play a board game, a playground is probably not for you.

I’m not a parent but surely you can’t have someone from outside your household caring for your child?
You do understand that people who run companies do sometimes employ carers don't you? It may have been a friend, neighbour etc. Why do people miss the significance of there being transmission from the mother and children and the infected persons not having the basic decency of passing that crucial information on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too be fair at this point in NSW the info Jeroen could give wouldn't really be that helpful or informative.

"we have a sh*t load of clusters, none of them are linked, we haven't got a clue how they could be"

Might be more use for the regional cases though which at this point should be the thing NSW contact tracers should be focusing on. i.e. do the tracing where the numbers are low enough that it will make a difference.
The point being made was a general one.

You do understand that people who run companies do sometimes employ carers don't you? It may have been a friend, neighbour etc. Why do people miss the significance of there being transmission from the mother and children and the infected persons not having the basic decency of passing that crucial information on?

Yes many of my colleagues employee nannies. My understanding from talking to them is that nannies/ in-home child care isn’t allowed during lockdown.

Yes many of my colleagues employee nannies. My understanding from talking to them is that nannies/ in-home child care isn’t allowed during lockdown.
Not my understanding. However, it was me guessing - as I posted. Might have been a neighbour, friend etc. It's really not the significant part of the matter.

On this I got my AZ very early June...in that time where it was ok for my age group...then it wasn't...then it was. My missus waited much longer (same age) and got her Phizer and is now fully protected. Due to a medical issue that has developed I cannot get my second AZ now. I have to wait longer.

I was the same, got AZ, have my 2nd on the 30th August, wife who is younger than me got her Pfizer the weekend after my first AZ, and is already fully vaccinated.

I wouldn't pressure anyone to get vaccinated, all a personal choice, however if you make that choice you will have to live with the decisions and the things you may not be allowed to do, if you choose not to be vaccinated.

I was the same, got AZ, have my 2nd on the 30th August, wife who is younger than me got her Pfizer the weekend after my first AZ, and is already fully vaccinated.

I wouldn't pressure anyone to get vaccinated, all a personal choice, however if you make that choice you will have to live with the decisions and the things you may not be allowed to do, if you choose not to be vaccinated.
Unfortunately, they are kind of being pushed towards vaccination with the chance they might not be able to do things. That part is a little unfair but is the reality of what might unfold before we have high vaccination rates. I'm currently booked on the same date for the second as you....hopefully I can. Fingers and toes crossed.

Another update from Nextstrain and still no update from Victoria, I'll give them a few more days, but it's conspicuous going from weekly updates of samples to nothing in a month.

Anyway the only thing of note is the Delta variant is now getting grouped into sub-lineages. Australia has multiple, but the main one is AY.4 aka B1.167.2.4 and to a much lesser extend AY.12

delta aus.png

To provide some perspective on AY.4, it's making up 32% of sampled cases globally at the moment. Noting that the countries and regions it is predominantly in are areas with high rates of testing (UK, USA, Europe, Australia). This doesn't mean it's a more infectious lineage compared to the original Delta variant or anything like that.

Both lineages AY.4 and AY.12 were in Victoria during July.

Delta var.png

I suggest you/they consult a GP.

I see no reason why any person that young would consider a vaccine unless they have existing health concerns and are advised to do so by a medical professional (with a second opinion).

Very rarely went to the playground as kid - rode bikes and kicking the footy was more my thing

This horseshit about playgrounds is in the same basket as people complaining about haircuts

Eat some cement and deal
It's mentally and physically healthy for young kids to get out of the house and play. Our vulnerable oldies have had all the time in the world to be fully vaccinated, and yet we still expect our youth to make sacrifices on their behalf.

It's laughable to demand that toddlers eat a cup of cement. I presume you're not a parent.

We've had 6 lockdowns, among the highest total days in lockdown of anywhere in the world, and you peanuts still support Dan. Surely it has to be Stockholm syndrome.

Do some ******* push-ups at home. If you have to subscribe to a $50 a week membership as motivation to be a bit healthier then I think you have bigger issues

******* hell I hate gyms. Self-entitled campaigners

Gonna cop it for that rant but fu** it
Only in Victoria will you be called a selfish campaigner for wanting to attend gym or take your toddler to a playground.

No wonder the world laughs at us. I laugh at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back