Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there’s a curfew in parts of Sydney now.

Some of you need to head over to the Gladys thread and vent your disapproval.
I live in one of the high risk LGA's. I am planning on breaching the public health orders, and the activity is scheduled for after 9:00 pm. Do I:

A) Stay inside my local LGA, knowing that this will increase the likelihood I get caught

or

B) Travel outside my local LGA, making sure I spread the virus as far as possible.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I live in one of the high risk LGA's. I am planning on breaching the public health orders, and the activity is scheduled for after 9:00 pm. Do I:

A) Stay inside my local LGA, knowing that this will increase the likelihood I get caught

or

B) Travel outside my local LGA, making sure I spread the virus as far as possible.

Leave the LGA before 9 pm with an “essential worker ID”.

And what the fork can be done about it right now? Fork forking all.
Nothing other than Dan showing some empathy. It’s fine for him to tell us he’s “shitty” or the situation is “shitty” but reality is the majority of us are still being compliant.

So you got something useful beyond venting?
We hear you are lockdown fatigued
But there is sweet fork all that can be done about it.

So based on one post I’m venting? Where I asked a question and gave two potential examples..
The other was a discussion around vaccination numbers.
Yikes, tough crowd.

or

C. Leave your LGA and work from your beach house for the next few months.

We would like to know whether 80% is 80% adults vs 80% population.
Because we can see possibly over run ED if impacts by children spreading were not in the model (ie high proportion of the unvaccinated ending up in ED including those who cannot be vaccinated)
It's 80% of 16+, for now anyway

So based on one post I’m venting? Where I asked a question and gave two potential examples..
The other was a discussion around vaccination numbers.
Yikes, tough crowd.
Yeah fair enough I may have snapped a little there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing other than Dan showing some empathy. It’s fine for him to tell us he’s “shitty” or the situation is “shitty” but reality is the majority of us are still being compliant.
I thought that was empathy that he already showed but it is one of those qualities that is dependent on those receiving the message in terms of how they feel

I thought that was empathy that he already showed but it is one of those qualities that is dependent on those receiving the message in terms of how they feel
I must have missed the empathy. Remind me. Seriously

I must have missed the empathy. Remind me. Seriously
I felt showing his frustrations meant to me that he was finding the decisions he was making difficult. Thereby showing his recognition of the problems he is causing.

Takeaway food as well as cafes?
Something to block rents/ evictions/ mortgage pauses again?

Hmm banning anything food related is bloody tough.. I dunno. Can understand the outdoors one and exercising on your own. Outdoor groups seems to be the big issue doesnt it?

Other valid questions include. How many kids have dropped out of Education due to lockdowns? How many suffered DV for the first time? How many presented to GPs for depression and anxiety for the first time? How many engaged in self harm for the first time? Why was there a doubling of male U18 suicides last year?
It really struck me this week the impact on my own kids of lockdowns. I was stuck in meetings most of the time and they had very little human interaction for the whole day.

It'd be even worse for single child families, families with DV, families with financial issues, etc. I have no doubt that children are worse off with schools closed. Plus now they're told they can't even go to a playground... fck that.

It could be significantly worse for infants: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...during-pandemic-have-lower-iqs-us-study-finds

Hmm banning anything food related is bloody tough.. I dunno. Can understand the outdoors one and exercising on your own. Outdoor groups seems to be the big issue doesnt it?
Groups in general. Some are less avoidable like child care. Child care is also higher risk (masks don’t fit kids)

There the only two options I can think of.. cafes closing and no exercise outdoors with anyone else..?
Childcare closing could be the next step if there is one. Would suck but I could see it happening.

All of that has nothing to do with thinking that the vaccination of children (once the trials have passed stage 3 etc.) needs to be no lower a priority than for others.
How many primary school age children have been admitted to ICU?

It's basically a complete non-issue for children. The reasons schools are closed is to mitigate the risk of asymptomatic transmission (to adults), not to their own health.

How many primary school age children have been admitted to ICU?

It's basically a complete non-issue for children. The reasons schools are closed is to mitigate the risk of asymptomatic transmission (to adults), not to their own health.
False.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back