Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the removal of lockdown relies on the vaccination rates of the adult population, rather than the total population.
Vaccinations have not kept case levels down in Israel. Strategy needs to change to focus on early intervention of symptomatic patients (treatment) and non-invasive (or low invasive) risk mitigation.

The Vic government hasn't changed its strategy even though the goalposts have moved.

Nothing other than Dan showing some empathy. It’s fine for him to tell us he’s “shitty” or the situation is “shitty” but reality is the majority of us are still being compliant.
just be grateful berejiklian isn't in charge. she's the cause of the predicament in vic and every other state too. nz as well. she's lost control in nsw and until some sanity occurs there no state is safe.

Vaccinations have not kept case levels down in Israel. Strategy needs to change to focus on early intervention of symptomatic patients (treatment) and non-invasive (or low invasive) risk mitigation.

The Vic government hasn't changed its strategy even though the goalposts have moved.
The numbers in Israel are lower (in terms of symptomatic) than would be the case in our current low vaccination population.

More than a quarter of Victoria’s COVID cases now under the age of 10
By Cassandra Morgan

Victoria’s Acting Chief Health Officer Ben Cowie says the state’s current COVID-19 outbreak is following “a completely different epidemiological pattern than what we’ve seen previously”.
He said that, of the state’s active cases, 89 are under the age of 10. That represents 26 per cent of the cases in the current outbreak.
Another 72 cases are between the ages of 10 and 19, while 120 cases are between the ages of 20 and 39.
Professor Cowie said only 56 cases were between the ages of 40 and 59, and only 12 are cases in those aged 60 or over.

just be grateful berejiklian isn't in charge. she's the cause of the predicament in vic and every other state too. nz as well. she's lost control in nsw and until some sanity occurs there no state is safe.
No she's not. The delta strain is significantly more virulent so it was inevitable that it would spread. NSW has also been most responsible for managing international arrivals.

The nature of the virus has changed. Policy should reflect that.

If it's false then answer my question. How many primary school aged kids are in hospital with Covid in Australia?
the more relevant question is how many are in covid households or have been covid affected. it's clear children are spreaders.

in my experience the biggest whingers are those least affected.

How many primary school age children have been admitted to ICU?

It's basically a complete non-issue for children. The reasons schools are closed is to mitigate the risk of asymptomatic transmission (to adults), not to their own health.

If this is a non-issue I'd like to know what an issue is, getting hit by a bus?

If it's false then answer my question. How many primary school aged kids are in hospital with Covid in Australia?
Honestly could not tell you, I doubt it’s many.

That’s not the case in the US at the moment though, just as an example.

How many hospitalisations and deaths now in Israel, and how many before vaccinations?

How about in New York state?

The UK?

If you consider what is happening overseas as a failure, are you in favour of having everyone locked down for years?

Are you a public servant currently being paid to do nothing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No she's not. The delta strain is significantly more virulent so it was inevitable that it would spread. NSW has also been most responsible for managing international arrivals.

The nature of the virus has changed. Policy should reflect that.
you live in a parallel universe. she's added another layer today with the curfew after lying her backside off about a tough stance. victoria's situation is due to her - fact. so are the problems in other states - fact . she's exported it to nz - fact. thank goodness she's not handling it in victoria otherwise it would be out of control as it is in nsw.

There the only two options I can think of.. cafes closing and no exercise outdoors with anyone else..?

there is plenty that can still be done

1) ban all outdoor activity

2) further tighten the essential worker list

3) allow each household only one grocery trip for one person only of no more than 15 minutes every two days

4) end home quarantine for positive cases, and move them into hotel quarantine

5) all retail outside grocery and pharmacy is closed - no more newsagents, liquor, etc

6) shut down click and collect for non-grocery and non-pharmacy retail

stage 5 is basically martial law, there is a reason we dont want to go there

3) allow each household only one grocery trip for one person only of no more than 15 minutes every two days

5) all retail outside grocery and pharmacy is closed - no more newsagents, liquor, etc

Yikes. And there were rumours ages ago about martial Law coming end of august. I thought surely no chance.

Before you start finger pointing at people for “not caring about kids” because I know where you’re about to go with this… answer my question first..
HOW MANY KIDS under the age of 16 have had Covid that bad that they need to be hospitalised or have passed away?
I’m happy to be proven wrong.
If the answer is zero, please go no further with your finger pointing.
My point wasn’t “stuff the kids”. My point is - if they are barely affected by Covid, and have minimal symptoms, then why the hell do we need to worry about vaccinations for them right now?

I''m all in favour of point 4 now, considering how it is spreading amongst families every where, and it seems people are ignoring the rules when they should be in ISO, taking away the main spreader may help.

you live in a parallel universe. she's added another layer today with the curfew after lying her backside off about a tough stance. victoria's situation is due to her - fact. so are the problems in other states - fact . she's exported it to nz - fact. thank goodness she's not handling it in victoria otherwise it would be out of control as it is in nsw.

Blaming someone else has a use by date.
Gladys' living with Covid was chugging along until the delta arrived on our shores.

I''m all in favour of point 4 now, considering how it is spreading amongst families every where, and it seems people are ignoring the rules when they should be in ISO, taking away the main spreader may help.
it probably won't make a huge difference, unless you bring the household contacts also into HQ
and ideally HQ would be in a caravan park rather than inner city hotel - (as caravan park is more self contained units) - but there would be massive logistic challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back