Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of that E/W link was a god send. Can you imagine all the Chinese drivers from Doncaster/Box Hill/Kew/Hawthorn/Canterbury/Camberwell etc with their cars in the cbd?

Thank bloody god that road will never happen

The problem with Tarneit station..and as a regular user I can comment on this quite freely, is about attitudes.

Some of the whingers expect to be able to park there when they want to without understanding that others have already done so. I have also caught the bus in and out of there. In peak hour it is common for those buses to be near empty which is a disgrace. The alternative is there. Use it.
When people say there should be more public transport, they mean for others to use it and leave the roads freer for their convenience.

They talk about PT being greener etc but an empty train or bus? not so much
No argument from me on the first bit. The locals around here have spent years wanting Leakes Road to be dual carriageway and Derrimut Road should be as well.
Derrimut Rd/Hopkins Rd is well overdue to be duplicated

Agree on the attitudes/logic part too Pazza

People catching 530-6am trains to work I'd expect to drive to the station due to buses might not be running as yet, plus you'll park in a good spot

Get in later like 730-8 for the 9am rush, well good luck, makes sense to take the bus then
Population is out of control, roadworks everywhere. If we're serious about climate change, and population control, then limiting immigration would be one way to do that.
Dutton/Immigration bored

Yep agreed

The last point especially

Driving around areas of Melton/Bacchus Marsh in morning/afternoon peak from say 630-930am and 3-7pm around the train stations is a good 10-15 minute crawl, particularly in the arvo for myself.

Melton had its car park upgraded a year or two ago and Bacchus Marsh is having a massive station upgrade as part of the Ballarat line upgrades, Rockbank station is unrecognisable now compared to how it was say 2 years ago and just that area in general which will eventually link up to Caroline Springs one way and Tarneit the other way (it's filling up towards Melton pretty quickly).

The West is catching up to the East/Southeast quickly in regards to filling in the suburban gaps

Any Vline train that stops at Wyndham Vale or Tarneit at peak time has people standing all the way down the aisles. But in the afternoon the problem of getting out of Wyndham Vale or Tarneit car parks has people crushing into the doorways of the carriage nearest the platform exit then they sprint to their cars.

But hey, Victoria has economic growth because of high immigration so it's all good.

Gang crisis (confirmed by Pol today)

Blah blah blah.

Recycling crisis

That has been coming for a while mainly because of SKM.

Train performances at their lowest levels ever

Well when there is much construction work on the rails going on....it would be even worse without that work.

Road toll at its highest levels since the 70s

Yes it has gone high, but, that is because of attitudes - see my discussion re Tarneit above.

Cladding crisis

And the only Government doing anything about it and prepared to discuss the issue. Didn't directly cause the fires to occur.

Debt levels higher than every other state combined.

And that is allowing for more school construction, hospital construction, other infrastructure construction, which in turn is creating jobs and money flowing into the economy such as in retail...

Industrial action and striking through the roof

And that's a bad thing?

The list goes on..

Not just incompetent but dangerous.

It reads more like a Cuban or Rwandan government track record.

And the alternative would be a shitload worse. Why? Because there is not one policy the Victorian Liberals have that would make Victoria any better....

Any Vline train that stops at Wyndham Vale or Tarneit at peak time has people standing all the way down the aisles. But in the afternoon the problem of getting out of Wyndham Vale or Tarneit car parks has people crushing into the doorways of the carriage nearest the platform exit then they sprint to their cars.

But hey, Victoria has economic growth because of high immigration so it's all good.
It's the same out my way

Any Bacchus Marsh/Ballarat train after 3 is chokers

Rarely get a seat getting on at Footscray

If we wanted less congested roads and transport then baby boomers should've refused to sell their homes to migrants. Now thanks to the greed of boomers we have too many people in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The freeways are also friend :)

I'm looking forward to that nonstop continuous Sunbury/Cranbourne/Pakenham metro tunnel line though, should help imo

It will, the only misstep was ripping it away from South Yarra.

The trains will be longer (carry more people), and also run more frequently, so the benefit will be much more than just easing congestion in the city loop, which was its initial marketing push.

But it's only the beginning of whats needed. Metro 2 and the suburban loop also need to be built; but even then that's still an underdeveloped metro setup. We'll need to keep adding to it through our lifetimes.

Shades of Whitlam. He lost control of the budget and went to a loan shark and now Dan has wrecked the budget so much he is selling out Australians and going to the worlds biggest loan shark despite county after country exposing how China has used belts and roads money to extort and bribe their way to control of infrastructure and governments.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It will, the only misstep was ripping it away from South Yarra.

The trains will be longer (carry more people), and also run more frequently, so the benefit will be much more than just easing congestion in the city loop, which was its initial marketing push.

But it's only the beginning of whats needed. Metro 2 and the suburban loop also need to be built; but even then that's still an underdeveloped metro setup. We'll need to keep adding to it through our lifetimes.
Metro 2 won’t be completed until 2060. Well all be gone by then.

Shades of Whitlam. He lost control of the budget and went to a loan shark and now Dan has wrecked the budget so much he is selling out Australians and going to the worlds biggest loan shark despite county after country exposing how China has used belts and roads money to extort and bribe their way to control of infrastructure and governments.

Exactly. Replace Victoria with any Pacific Island nation and we’d be shaking our heads.

Which foreign governments runs trains trams and the second telecom now?

wasnt our stock exchange going to be merged with singapores a few years back?

but lets assume the chinese govt wont be more manipulative against our interests than former 'investors'

Its a low benchmark I know

Which foreign governments runs trains trams and the second telecom now?

wasnt our stock exchange going to be merged with singapores a few years back?

but lets assume the chinese govt wont be more manipulative against our interests than former 'investors'

Its a low benchmark I know

I mean really, everyone and his dog gets a piece but its feckin ‘whitlam’ and the ‘chinese’ ffs

Dan will sell his soul for a brown paper bag. This bloke should fave criminal investigations

The Federal government literally ran and backed a Chinese government agent as a candidate and were publicly defended by the Chinese government for doing so, so it's weird they are complaining.

Where exactly has the state borrowed money from China to build infrastructure?

Foreign ownership dominates Australian utilities, resources and big business and almost all of it is American. In fact as I recall, it's the current LNP which has an extremely shady relationship with China, going against the advice of the countries own security services to get a Chinese trained asset elected.

I'm as worried and cognisant of Chinese interference in our democracy as anybody, but really the federal government is so far up their clackers, it's hilarious.

Any other leader but Trump and Morrison would probably -would- have gotten some version of the Whitlam treatment. But at the moment US FP is in tatters. I mean, these are the same politicians that crowed on and on about an incredibly one sided trade deal with China that they signed, just to get through the next news cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back