Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you are ok with wasting $1.16 billion but I suspect from your posting you are probably a leaner not a lifter in regard to tax paid so makes no difference to you wasting other people's hard earned for absolutely zero return but I'm certainly not
You should be going after the libs for locking us into this completely unethical dodgy deal for their mates. Hurray for the ALP for getting us out of it.

The first section of Metro tunnel 2 (Clifton Hill to Southern Cross) is added as part of Stage 3 of the PTV development plan. Stage 4 extends it to Fisherman's Bend. The current Metro tunnel 1 that has begun construction is the final addition to Stage 2 (but won't be completed until 2026).

4yxgDza.png
Cool, thanks! But by the looks of it they have no intention of making a river tunnel out to connect with Newport.

If they did that then they'd shave a good 10-15 minutes off travel from the west. Could even run it to Williamstown to cut even more traffic through the loop.

I'm glad you are ok with wasting $1.16 billion but I suspect from your posting you are probably a leaner not a lifter in regard to tax paid so makes no difference to you wasting other people's hard earned for absolutely zero return but I'm certainly not

Not sure what leaner or lifter is but is that parliamentarians having an early Friday knock off....on Thursday night!!!. I can see why the libs don't like the Friday holiday... that way the whole population gets a paid Friday off...not just them

They have a brass neck running the leaner/lifter joke

Yep well you can lame Matty Guy for that. Alp made the right decision in not going ahead. Just a disgrace that Guy set up his dodgy deal to make his mates rich.

But we, the Victorian taxpayer, still paid for it & yet, it's not getting done.:drunk:o_O

Thanks to the liberals, who signed the deal after they knew they were losing and labours commitment to scrap it.

Melbourne metro is a far better project.

East/West will eventually happen, it's inevitable....This was political expediency on behalf of Andrews, gone mad.....Doofus.

$9.7 Billion for a fifty year lease. Before any of you get to excited it is only $194 million per year. I don't know the finances around this deal but I would assume 10% down in the first year. Seeing that the proceeds are going on capital works I also assume most of the money will be paid over in the first five years. I doubt if much will be paid from year 20 to 50.
Of course you are upset. 3 billion more than predicted.

Will it?

Regardless, there were more important things. The libs did the dodge and the state has paid.

Contract should have been honored....Stop making excuses for hundreds of millions being pissed down the drain & your parochial nonsense.

Wrong use of parochial.

The libs ripped the state off with a dodgy side letter, con artists who knew Andrews had to honor his election commitments.

I drive trucks for a living mate & we all knew that link was the number 1 arterial priority for Melbourne....Pig headed political games coming before the residents in more ways than 1....Blew $600 million of our money & if there is any issue in the Burnley tunnel, the entire network becomes grid-locked.

******* ridiculous games at all our expenses....This big dopey * is as equally to blame as the libs on this one....Putting politics ahead of common-sense & the public purse.

No wonder most people hate politics & politicians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the Western Bulldogs supporters who are happy (and relieved) that their team made it to the grand final, but also Dan Andrews and the State government as well.

Because it wouldn't be a good look to have the GF Eve public holiday on, and there's no Victorian team involved in the Grand Final 24 hours later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drive trucks for a living mate & we all knew that link was the number 1 arterial priority for Melbourne....

Lol, no one was saying it was the number 1 arterial priority. Even the trucking industry was saying east west stage two was more importaint... but the libs squib bed it and went for the cheaper phase first. Which could not be economically justified no matter how much they massaged the figures. Which they did. It was easily expendable... or at least would have been if they didn't spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer money on a booby trap.

They had 4 years to govern, and that's all they have to show for it.

I drive trucks for a living mate & we all knew that link was the number 1 arterial priority for Melbourne....Pig headed political games coming before the residents in more ways than 1....Blew $600 million of our money & if there is any issue in the Burnley tunnel, the entire network becomes grid-locked.

******* ridiculous games at all our expenses....This big dopey **** is as equally to blame as the libs on this one....Putting politics ahead of common-sense & the public purse.

No wonder most people hate politics & politicians.

Dan should have bent tony abbott over a barrel to double even treble the funding in return for less er transparency over the most expensive political wedge in this countrys history

But I guess transparency and honouring promises won out

The western part will be built anyway, also a toll road which was the true priority you ate referring to

Everyone highlights the eastern freeways congestion inbound. But its very rare to have outbound congestion. In fact tony abbott visited the traffic management centre during 2010 election and had to wait over an hour to get his photo opportunity in front of congestion

It's not just the Western Bulldogs supporters who are happy (and relieved) that their team made it to the grand final, but also Dan Andrews and the State government as well.

Because it wouldn't be a good look to have the GF Eve public holiday on, and there's no Victorian team involved in the Grand Final 24 hours later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swans fans outnumbered hawks fans at both recent parades where they met. Its huge for non vic visitors and the finals event in yarra park is first class not to mention tourism dollars

Everyone highlights the eastern freeways congestion inbound. But its very rare to have outbound congestion. In fact tony abbott visited the traffic management centre during 2010 election and had to wait over an hour to get his photo opportunity in front of congestion

lol, except for every single night in multiple sections around Chandler Hwy, Bulleen Road, Blackburn Road, Springvale Road...

lol, except for every single night in multiple sections around Chandler Hwy, Bulleen Road, Blackburn Road, Springvale Road...

That entire area is one bottle neck of a choked-up mess....What should be a 5 minute cruise on an over-pass can take anywhere up to an hour & a half to get from the end of the Eastern & onto another section of highway.

Absurdity.

That entire area is one bottle neck of a choked-up mess....What should be a 5 minute cruise on an over-pass can take anywhere up to an hour & a half to get from the end of the Eastern & onto another section of highway.

Absurdity.

Congestion and freeways are as inevitable as night following day.

By all means connect ours up, eastwest link parts one and two and the north east link. But dont expect them to not get congested, they will.

Then we address the madness of everyone wanting to use them in peak time and not at all at other times, the madness of people making twenty km or more journeys every day. Even schoolkids......madness!

Freight and contractors will always need such connections, so they should be built. Bu to suggest forever putting freeways at the top of the priority will solve all congestion is quite...absurd as you put it

Freight and contractors will always need such connections, so they should be built. But to suggest forever putting freeways at the top of the priority will solve all congestion is quite...absurd as you put it

This particular bottle-neck is as bleeding obvious as it gets....And has been for nigh on 2 decades now.

There is no excuse for it not having been or getting it done anymore.....And using it as the basis for political bi-partisanship was just one more example of political ineptness & incompetency.

For the good of our city & state, both these groups of fools need to bite the bullet on this one & stop holding us all to ransom on their political machinations.

Last point is true.

Which side is closest to letting the politics go?

You highlighted the point, some of our priorities are decades overdue - even more reason for them to get politics right out of it.

Unfortunately its too tempting to play off electorate against electorate

Last edited:

Congestion between Chandler and Doncaster Road is ubiquitous. I don't think such a problem can be fixed, but it's certainly not very rare at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back