Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thanks! But by the looks of it they have no intention of making a river tunnel out to connect with Newport.

If they did that then they'd shave a good 10-15 minutes off travel from the west. Could even run it to Williamstown to cut even more traffic through the loop.
Update: The latest plans for Fisherman's Bend mention Metro 2 eventually linking Clifton Hill to Newport.

It is believed the most likely option for a Fishermans Bend train link is under the so-called Metro 2 proposal — a long-term plan for a tunnel from Clifton Hill to Newport that would provide a second rail link from the west to the city.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...t/news-story/17a75388acd6ce4487126ca9dd7a7759

Don't be surprised to see two issues dominate discussion in the run-up to the 2018 Victorian election: the economy, and crime. Daniel Andrews really needs a big year with little or no trouble in 2017, otherwise he might join Denis Napthine as the only one-term premiers since WW2. And one of the things Andrews could do is to get onside with the Herald Sun newspaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't be surprised to see two issues dominate discussion in the run-up to the 2018 Victorian election: the economy, and crime. Daniel Andrews really needs a big year with little or no trouble in 2017, otherwise he might join Denis Napthine as the only one-term premiers since WW2. And one of the things Andrews could do is to get onside with the Herald Sun newspaper.

lol more chance of heaven and hell aligning than the herald sun liking someone who isn't a staunch conservative.

Update: The latest plans for Fisherman's Bend mention Metro 2 eventually linking Clifton Hill to Newport.

It is believed the most likely option for a Fishermans Bend train link is under the so-called Metro 2 proposal — a long-term plan for a tunnel from Clifton Hill to Newport that would provide a second rail link from the west to the city.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...t/news-story/17a75388acd6ce4487126ca9dd7a7759

Lib opposition sneeringly calling the plan for fishermens bend "fancy pictures, drawings an lines on the map" and asking wheres the money coming from?

Well obviously not from the liberals financial backers who made a big killing there without beingrequired to contribute to the development costs of the area.

If we vote this lot back in, we need sectioning

Napthine the half-term premier. Lets not forget mr sit on his hands

The economic issue isn't one as Victoria's economy is pretty strong compared to other states. With more infrastructure jobs being rolled out, that side of the economy is growing.

I have to say I'm impressed of late. Dan hasn't been a complete twat for around 2-3 weeks now.

In saying that, while I admire the railway crossing removal (having seen a couple of the new ones in some of my recent travels), I do sincerely wish they could do Bayswater, Heatherdale and Blackburn at the same time instead of 2 separate lots. Do it at the same time and that's 35-40 days of interrupted travel as opposed to the 70 for Belgrave line passengers with them being split up.

I reckon the East suburbs should get more. More more and more. The East suburbs are Melbourne, everywhere else is merely peasant lands ala the pitiful villages you see in Game of Thrones.

I don't like this communist premier. We need to get those druggies that live past Ringwood OFF our world class trainline, we need our own special line like alamein, our own special tram along every road, not just 40km out along the Burwood highway.
Dennis saw a vision where the entire states tax dollars provide only our region with even more world class schools, a superhighway etc, that drive our house prices capital growth wise exponentially more than any other region of Melbourne.

I reckon the East suburbs should get more. More more and more. The East suburbs are Melbourne, everywhere else is merely peasant lands ala the pitiful villages you see in Game of Thrones.

I don't like this communist premier. We need to get those druggies that live past Ringwood OFF our world class trainline, we need our own special line like alamein, our own special tram along every road, not just 40km out along the Burwood highway.
Dennis saw a vision where the entire states tax dollars provide only our region with even more world class schools, a superhighway etc, that drive our house prices capital growth wise exponentially more than any other region of Melbourne.

Really?

It's not just the supporters of the Western Bulldogs and Geelong who are hoping their teams win on the weekend and make it an all-Victorian AFL Grand Final, but the Victorian Government as well.

Because the success or failure of the Grand Final Eve public holiday hinges on the Bulldogs and the Cats being successful this weekend.

It's not just the Western Bulldogs supporters who are happy (and relieved) that their team made it to the grand final, but also Dan Andrews and the State government as well.

Because it wouldn't be a good look to have the GF Eve public holiday on, and there's no Victorian team involved in the Grand Final 24 hours later.

o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minister appropriately named after a sheep breed. And people wonder why so many are desperate to escape state schools.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nches-male-privilege-classes-to-tackle-domes/

school students in the Australian state of Victoria will be taught about “male privilege” and shown images of men and women cleaning dishes and playing football as part of a controversial program to break gender stereotypes and reduce domestic violence.

The "respectful relationship" curriculum, to be introduced next year in primary and high schools in Australia’s second-largest state, is intended to combat gender stereotypes and reduce violence and discrimination.

You dont think domestic violence is one of australias main issues and has been for a long long time?

Victorians want better roads, less congestion, and more jobs. The gig is up for Andrews, it is time he focused on the issues that truly matter to Victorians.

Victorians want better roads, less congestion, and more jobs. The gig is up for Andrews, it is time he focused on the issues that truly matter to Victorians.
You can't have been out driving of late-roadworks everywhere-you know making better roads.
Pretty sure you'll find Andrews public transport initiatives are helping address congestion issues and creating plenty of jobs. Go Dan.

so what did ted bailleu 'focus' on?
look at whats gone before for the root cause, and the federal libs being tricky with money

so what did ted bailleu 'focus' on?
look at whats gone before for the root cause, and the federal libs being tricky with money

The Fed libs are obviously being tricky with money because Andrews flittered away 1.2 bil on a road that wasnt built. They are hardly going to reward that. As a result the Victorian people have suffered. Andrews has fast become unpopular in Victoria. Much like Mike Baird, he is going to have to make some concessions - or risk a landslide loss at the next election.

The Fed libs are obviously being tricky with money because Andrews flittered away 1.2 bil on a road that wasnt built. They are hardly going to reward that. As a result the Victorian people have suffered. Andrews has fast become unpopular in Victoria. Much like Mike Baird, he is going to have to make some concessions - or risk a landslide loss at the next election.
Lol the latest Morgan poll show Andrews has not lost any support with the public. Dream on.
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/6...ember-2016-nsw-vic-qld-wa-sa-tas-201609081756

Lol the latest Morgan poll show Andrews has not lost any support with the public. Dream on.
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/6...ember-2016-nsw-vic-qld-wa-sa-tas-201609081756

I guess the only way we'll see if that is an accurate reflection of popularity is how he goes in the next election. I will keep an eye on that polling leading into the next election because I often wonder how accurate some of these polls actually are. I think from memory some polls were a little off at the last Federal election in regards to Vic - where Labor were expected to perform much better than they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back