Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowville line, Melton electrification & airport line won't be done until the Melbourne Metro rail tunnel is completed. All 3 are planned to run through the MMRT along with the Pak/Cran and Sunbury lines.

Likewise, a Doncaster line won't now even be considered until Metro tunnel 2 (Clifton Hill to Fisherman's Bend to Newport) is built (which is sadly a long way off). This would allow the South Morang/Mernda line to run through Metro 2 while Doncaster & Hurstbridge lines run via the City Loop.

This is the first I heard of tunnel 2; and I went looking out of curiosuty. There seems precious info on it, but I've long thought that a tunnel under the water to the west via fisherman's bend would be a great addition to the system.

$9.7 Billion for a fifty year lease. Before any of you get to excited it is only $194 million per year. I don't know the finances around this deal but I would assume 10% down in the first year. Seeing that the proceeds are going on capital works I also assume most of the money will be paid over in the first five years. I doubt if much will be paid from year 20 to 50.

It's not just the supporters of the Western Bulldogs and Geelong who are hoping their teams win on the weekend and make it an all-Victorian AFL Grand Final, but the Victorian Government as well.

Because the success or failure of the Grand Final Eve public holiday hinges on the Bulldogs and the Cats being successful this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not just the supporters of the Western Bulldogs and Geelong who are hoping their teams win on the weekend and make it an all-Victorian AFL Grand Final, but the Victorian Government as well.

Because the success or failure of the Grand Final Eve public holiday hinges on the Bulldogs and the Cats being successful this weekend.

Really Jase? Really?

It's only a noisy minority of business who doesn't want it. The mass majority appreciate having the public holiday off for what it is.

Half the corporates had morning piss-ups anyway. Complete write off productivity wise. Now they just do it on thursday

Victorian hotels have defined the weekend shoulder peak so their rolling it in. Depends on your business

You mean the Liberal Party who booby trapped the contracts and forced a much higher payout than would ordinarily occur.

The liberals didnt scrap an important infrastructure project and waste $1.16 billion in the process. I'm not pro coalition by any stretch of the imagination but to piss away $1.16 billion of our tax money just to political point score is downright criminal

The same project infrastrucutre Australia have 18 months later declared is Melbourne's highest priority road project.

The liberals didnt scrap an important infrastructure project and waste $1.16 billion in the process. I'm not pro coalition by any stretch of the imagination but to piss away $1.16 billion of our tax money just to political point score is downright criminal

The same project infrastrucutre Australia have 18 months later declared is Melbourne's highest priority road project.

Your last bit was wrong, and you dont think the libs didnt priritise it as a political wedge?

Holding victorians to ransome?

Have you read the CBA of the project. Would've been a 10 billion dollar white elephant, also the only reason labor had to pay this money out was pure shifty work in the contracting by the libs. If the Herald Sun actually reported on the issue in a correct and non bs manner this would see the libs not be in power for at least another 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you read the CBA of the project. Would've been a 10 billion dollar white elephant, also the only reason labor had to pay this money out was pure shifty work in the contracting by the libs. If the Herald Sun actually reported on the issue in a correct and non bs manner this would see the libs not be in power for at least another 10 years.

Article was from the Labor friendly age. The project is a top infrastructure requirement as acknowledged by Labor and INfrastructure Australia. It has been a complete and utter waste of money (for the second time in two terms from labor)

Article was from the Labor friendly age. The project is a top infrastructure requirement as acknowledged by Labor and INfrastructure Australia. It has been a complete and utter waste of money (for the second time in two terms from labor)

Road projects are notoriously horrid investments. How anyone would invest in them is incredible these days.

Would rather a road that will service the city for generations than spend $1.16bn on nothing

You probably believe the road would have cost 1.1b

Thats just a fraction of the total cost and most of the cost was services already rendered, for plans which the govt probably holds.

You probably believe the road would have cost 1.1b

Thats just a fraction of the total cost and most of the cost was services already rendered, for plans which the govt probably holds.

I'm glad you are ok with wasting $1.16 billion but I suspect from your posting you are probably a leaner not a lifter in regard to tax paid so makes no difference to you wasting other people's hard earned for absolutely zero return but I'm certainly not

I did not vote for labor at the state election, but have been pleasantly surprised at Andrews and the work this government has done.
Hopefully they keep it up......they are actually getting s**t done.
I must say though, this upcoming public holiday is a waste and most people I know think the same. If the libs win hopefully they scrap it

I'm glad you are ok with wasting $1.16 billion but I suspect from your posting you are probably a leaner not a lifter in regard to tax paid so makes no difference to you wasting other people's hard earned for absolutely zero return but I'm certainly not

Lets not forget desal which is going to cost many multiples of that. Its not as if Andrews has any connections to the CFMEU so maybe a royal commission wouldnt go astray to look at corruption allegations there.

I did not vote for labor at the state election, but have been pleasantly surprised at Andrews and the work this government has done.
Hopefully they keep it up......they are actually getting s**t done.
I must say though, this upcoming public holiday is a waste and most people I know think the same. If the libs win hopefully they scrap it

Not if the Coalition changed leaders.

Matthew Guy has been so ineffective as Opposition Leader, and the Coalition hasn't been able to hammer the government with big hits.

Maybe instead of Daniel Andrews facing a leadership challenge, it should be Matthew Guy. Because the longer Guy stays as Opposition Leader, the greater the chance of Labor retaining government.

This is the first I heard of tunnel 2; and I went looking out of curiosuty. There seems precious info on it, but I've long thought that a tunnel under the water to the west via fisherman's bend would be a great addition to the system.
The first section of Metro tunnel 2 (Clifton Hill to Southern Cross) is added as part of Stage 3 of the PTV development plan. Stage 4 extends it to Fisherman's Bend. The current Metro tunnel 1 that has begun construction is the final addition to Stage 2 (but won't be completed until 2026).

4yxgDza.png

The talent on the Coalition benches is very weak with prospective leaders who could take the fight up to the state government. As I said before, the longer Matthew Guy stays on as Opposition Leader, the greater chance Labor (and Daniel Andrews) has on being a 2-3 term government.

The first section of Metro tunnel 2 (Clifton Hill to Southern Cross) is added as part of Stage 3 of the PTV development plan. Stage 4 extends it to Fisherman's Bend. The current Metro tunnel 1 that has begun construction is the final addition to Stage 2 (but won't be completed until 2026).

4yxgDza.png
This is a long standing plan.. all the govt needs to do is make it happen. this govt is doing just that.

It was the last libs who tried to impose their own thought bubbles on it and had some youtubes done.

I suppose a bunch of second class lawyers, religious nutters and failed small business owners would know better than professional planners and engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back