Media HP Asks: Do you deserve the position you play in?

Do you deserve the position you play in?

• I deserve a better position than what I have.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't deserve the position I play in.

• I deserve where I play.

• I truly don't care what position I have.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
Lumbridge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
In what will [hopefully] be a regular series of threads, I'll be proposing the questions that people don't seem to ask. These will usually be questions that yield anonymous votes, but hopefully those with balls won't be afraid to truly speak their mind.

Given the increased talk of expansion, it makes sense to tailor a question to this topic. People have been asked whether or not they would support it, so I thought I would explore one of the reasons given for expansion.

This week's question: do you deserve the position that you play in? It's been mentioned that we are getting to the point where active posters are playing on flanks and pockets, and those who are possibly captain favourites occupying the midfield. So what do you think, should you have a better position or even a worse position?

Is there an option for fine with anything that isn't the backlines? Got played out of the pocket for most of last year and it's nothing worth complaining about.

I have been proposed to play HFF, don't agree with it but I don't have to. It's up to the club captain & I trust him as I don't think he would put his own club in jeopardy :thumbsu: :cool:

I find it disgusting how you're taking up a perfectly good position, while there's an inactive out there that could do your job 10x better, posting and on field ability wise.

Is there an option for fine with anything that isn't the backlines? Got played out of the pocket for most of last year and it's nothing worth complaining about.

I find it disgusting how you're taking up a perfectly good position, while there's an inactive out there that could do your job 10x better, posting and on field ability wise.

Like you can talk Mr Back Pocket :rolleyes:

Now wonder why you are so highly regarded by your team mates that they give you the back pocket & I've been given the HFF spot. I thought you were mean't to be way way way better than a flog like myself right ? :rolleyes:

Isnt the back pocket meant to be the worst position on the field? :)

Despite Gavin Wangerneen winning a brownlow from the back pocket, well always 1 exception to the rule :thumbsu:

Oh wait, that's right, you are getting in your bantering skills before flying away for a few weeks of inactivity, nice for you to bring the inactives in on the post, well done young chap :cool:

Like you can talk Mr Back Pocket :rolleyes:

Now wonder why you are so highly regarded by your team mates that they give you the back pocket & I've been given the HFF spot. I thought you were mean't to be way way way better than a flog like myself right ? :rolleyes:

Isnt the back pocket meant to be the worst position on the field? :)

Despite Gavin Wangerneen winning a brownlow from the back pocket, well always 1 exception to the rule :thumbsu:

Oh wait, that's right, you are getting in your bantering skills before flying away for a few weeks of inactivity, nice for you to bring the inactives in on the post, well done young chap :cool:

Lol, if you're trying to insult me based on my position on the field being worse than yours, get your facts right at least.

For most of last year I played forward pocket, if I remember correctly you played forward pocket for a few games too at the start of the year. Difference is I was a new player, you were just eternally disrespected among the SFA community, including your team mates.

Then, as my posting ability and levels started to pick up, my positions started to get better. I was trialled throughout the midfield for a while, but then as the real world including year 12 and moving out of home started to get a hold of me I posted a lot less and was moved back to the back pocket. Difference between my situation and your situation last year is that when I proclaimed I couldn't post enough to warrant a good spot, I actually left for a while. When you proclaimed that you were retiring, you stuck around posting just as much.

Don't go taking pot shots at me claiming that I'm disrespected by my team mates when you've been kicked out of one club, and turned down by all others except for the Hawks, which honestly isn't that much of an accomplishment since they'll take pretty much anyone.

I was also played on the wing in SoO and did pretty well there, and was played in the centre in the clubs most recent practice match. For a guy who's been in the SFA for 2 seasons less and been at 2 clubs less than you, I'm actually doing pretty well on field.

Once again jobby, this has just been too easy thanks to your lack of knowledge about anything :):thumbsu:

I have been proposed to play HFF, don't agree with it but I don't have to. It's up to the club captain & I trust him as I don't think he would put his own club in jeopardy :thumbsu: :cool:

You are seriously delusional. You are lucky to even have a club. Keep on going with this trend and you'll find yourself clubless yet again.

Started this season on a half forward flank, got moved to the wing after a few games and played wing/centre the majority of the year.

In the last few games, then final I put in my prefered position, the ruck. I can't get a better position, if I moved clubs but didn't get the ruck I would be unhappy.

Lol, if you're trying to insult me based on my position on the field being worse than yours, get your facts right at least.

For most of last year I played forward pocket, if I remember correctly you played forward pocket for a few games too at the start of the year. Difference is I was a new player, you were just eternally disrespected among the SFA community, including your team mates.

Then, as my posting ability and levels started to pick up, my positions started to get better. I was trialled throughout the midfield for a while, but then as the real world including year 12 and moving out of home started to get a hold of me I posted a lot less and was moved back to the back pocket. Difference between my situation and your situation last year is that when I proclaimed I couldn't post enough to warrant a good spot, I actually left for a while. When you proclaimed that you were retiring, you stuck around posting just as much.

Don't go taking pot shots at me claiming that I'm disrespected by my team mates when you've been kicked out of one club, and turned down by all others except for the Hawks, which honestly isn't that much of an accomplishment since they'll take pretty much anyone.

I was also played on the wing in SoO and did pretty well there, and was played in the centre in the clubs most recent practice match. For a guy who's been in the SFA for 2 seasons less and been at 2 clubs less than you, I'm actually doing pretty well on field.

Once again jobby, this has just been too easy thanks to your lack of knowledge about anything :):thumbsu:

Trying to insult you? no brother, that's just you jumping to conclusions again, so really after that 1st line or 2, everything else is null & void :)

But I wont let that stop me will I? :thumbsu:

You mention 'when your posting levels improved' ... Oh come on young chap, if that was the case (I doubt it ever was) then you've certainly made a mess of it since then. Oh and please do not use the line 'Oh but you can't talk Jobey about posting levels'. Hopefully you will come up with some different material for once rather than using the usual gutless reply used by others in the past which again is null & void. But who am I kidding here, of course you wont :rolleyes:

So that's you dealt with AGAIN. I think THB is more your style of bantering, s**t. :thumbsu:

You are seriously delusional. You are lucky to even have a club. Keep on going with this trend and you'll find yourself clubless yet again.

Dude, do you find it hard to understand simple english? If you read the whole thing instead of just half a line, you will see that I trust my captain so I look forward to booting shitloads of goals from the HFF.

Yes, you will also find that out if you bothered to do some research in other threads. Come on dude, you are better than that.

When I say better than that, I mean better than just typing up a half arsed post without putting any real effort in it. Now excite us Duggan, research then post a good argumentative post :cool:

It's all up to individual captains really.

Biggie doesn't deserve to play centre every week because he's mostly inactive but because he's a well loved long time member of the Hawks they name him there as often as they can.

Is that deserving it or not? In my opinion no but it seems like in their opinion yes.

So what is the real right answer?

Captains decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, do you find it hard to understand simple english? If you read the whole thing instead of just half a line, you will see that I trust my captain so I look forward to booting shitloads of goals from the HFF.

Yes, you will also find that out if you bothered to do some research in other threads. Come on dude, you are better than that.

When I say better than that, I mean better than just typing up a half arsed post without putting any real effort in it. Now excite us Duggan, research then post a good argumentative post :cool:

Perhaps you should research basic English then perhaps you might be able to post something that actually makes sense. A person in your situation shouldnt be saying you don't agree with the position you are playing, **** me how stupid are you, Boncer being the kind hearted soul he is (Maybe a lie) took you in when noone else would. You havnt even played a game yet, you may have improved ever so slightly but you are still s**t. You should be just happy to be playing some where.

If I was to take a s**t, sprinkle 100's and 1000's over it then sit it at a keyboard, im sure it could post better than you.

I honestly don't care what position I'm played in, don't forget it's fantasy football.

For once I agree with Reardo.

If I was to take a s**t, sprinkle 100's and 1000's over it then sit it at a keyboard, im sure it could post better than you.

HAHA gold.:thumbsu:

Started this season on a half forward flank, got moved to the wing after a few games and played wing/centre the majority of the year.

In the last few games, then final I put in my prefered position, the ruck. I can't get a better position, if I moved clubs but didn't get the ruck I would be unhappy.

Well that's something you need to speak with Boncer about ;)

Perhaps you should research basic English then perhaps you might be able to post something that actually makes sense. A person in your situation shouldnt be saying you don't agree with the position you are playing, **** me how stupid are you, Boncer being the kind hearted soul he is (Maybe a lie) took you in when noone else would. You havnt even played a game yet, you may have improved ever so slightly but you are still s**t. You should be just happy to be playing some where.

You are just so frustrated because I was able to reply with a decent post, which shocked you big time. But that would never stop you claiming its poo now will it? :rolleyes:

And if you want to decorate your poo and live with it in your bedroom, I wont stop you, that is if you are into that sort of thing & by the sounds of it you do rather enjoy that kind of crap. No pun intended :thumbsu:

But I must thankyou on 1 point in your weird yet unsuccessfull reply post, you talk about captains and how lucky I am to be getting a gig this coming season. I may have only been at the Hawks a tiny bit of time but I can confidently say that Boncer is a much better captain than anyone at the Blunders er I mean Wonders last season.

Now talk about throwing away an entire season. I won the SoO goalkicking award, You peanuts chuck me at FF on a part time basis, I dominate and finish top 10. Not that far from winning the goalkicking award for season 14.

Now do me a favour young chap, when you go to bed tonight, have a little dream, dream about the premiership you idiots threw away by not playing me at FF on a full time basis.

I would of easily won the season goalkicking and the Blunders would have easily gone back to back. You bloody squib!

Now please, do the right thing, get the s**t right at the selection table, otherwise you lot will be struggling to even make the finals in Season 15 :eek:

P.S Go Hawks!

I played in the middle all last season but it really doesn't worry me.

If someone else wants a run in the middle I'll happily slot into the back line if it means they don't lose interest.

I started on a Half Back Flank (no surprise) and got moved into the middle. Didn't really produce an outstanding season game wise, so I don't think I deserved it with my on field performance but more with my activity.

Oh and Jobe,
you-mirin.jpg

Now talk about throwing away an entire season. I won the SoO goalkicking award, You peanuts chuck me at FF on a part time basis, I dominate and finish top 10. Not that far from winning the goalkicking award for season 14.

Now do me a favour young chap, when you go to bed tonight, have a little dream, dream about the premiership you idiots threw away by not playing me at FF on a full time basis.

I would of easily won the season goalkicking and the Blunders would have easily gone back to back. You bloody squib!

Now please, do the right thing, get the s**t right at the selection table, otherwise you lot will be struggling to even make the finals in Season 15 :eek:

P.S Go Hawks!

SFA Fantasy Football...

Serious_business_logo.jpg

I started on a Half Back Flank (no surprise) and got moved into the middle. Didn't really produce an outstanding season game wise, so I don't think I deserved it with my on field performance but more with my activity.

Oh and Jobe,
you-mirin.jpg

I wouldn't bother to try to play me on this side of the fence The Half Crap. You wouldn't want to fall victim to being owned again like always :(

But if you want to try to improve, I do suggest you try to play the right cards with Duggan, as sad as it seems, he has dropped off the face of the earth despite it only being offseason.

I truely do hope Duggs does pick up once the S15 preseason begins, but must admit, he has a big task at doing that so I wish him all the best :thumbsu::thumbsu:

On a side not, THB, you should of done what you said you were going to do (yes, in that couple of PMs you sent me last season) & move to the Wonders, you would fit in well there. A little bit of potential but seemingly slipping to a lowly level of rankness currently being showed :)

And now since 'that' has been dealt with ...

I'm shifting myself out of the ruck as it is, would say I deserved the position considering I came equal 3rd? in the Mobbs the season before last (ie the pos was nuked a little) but desire to play forward of centre has been expressed so backline I go.

It's not that the question is never asked or people are afraid to do so, it's that as captains generally we aren't approachable for such discussions or otherwise give off that sort of aura that it's a given and "you better bloody appreciate where you play or so help you..." so you just need to break that down and it's fine.

For once I agree with Reardo.

I played in the middle all last season but it really doesn't worry me.

If someone else wants a run in the middle I'll happily slot into the back line if it means they don't lose interest.

Good to see the furies are all on the same page. Great club culture right there. And ofcourse I agree with them.

A more debateable poll would be "Do you deserve the amount of family feasts your captain provides after a match?" Now that's a question that needs to be raised by the SFAPA. Hopefully we don't have to seek asstiance from Industrial Relations on the matter but if push comes to shove, we may see a lockout in Season 15.

Eq seems to be the only captain getting on the KFC bandwagon. The iggnorance from the other captains and administrators may lead to the downfall of the SFA all together...

Back