Hunt Joins the GC!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to turn the AFL into a freak show!! I can't imagine what position he will play... can someone tell me the average km run in an Aussie Rules and Rugby League game?

Has anyone even questioned whether he can play?? U14s is a vast difference from senior level AFL. League to union is an easy switch given similarities between game, but league to AFL is another thing.
If GC have paid $500k a year they are completely nuts.

Would have thought it would be worth $500K alone in the publicity and marketing it will generate

Very good point mate. I thought that would be the case?? But the GC aren't an AFL team yet so maybe not? There is no VFL draft.

More on it here

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81596/default.aspx

"Hunt has been signed under player rule 21.3.4 (a) II, where any AFL club can sign a player who has not been registered for at least three full years with any recognised Australian football competition at any level. Carlton used this rule to recruit Setanta and Aisake O'hAilpin, while Sydney Swans rookie Jake Orreal and Collingwood rookie Lachlan Keefe were also taken under the rule."

Also in the article

"It is the first time an established rugby league player has crossed to the AFL since Ray Smith, who played 104 matches (77 with Essendon from 1971-75 and 27 with Melbourne from 1975-76)."

Any news from the press conference?

Has offically committed to Gold Coast.

Will probably play a year of Union after finishing with the Broncos (assuming overseas) then join Gold Coast in I believe they said May of next year.

3 year contract.

More on it here

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81596/default.aspx

"Hunt has been signed under player rule 21.3.4 (a) II, where any AFL club can sign a player who has not been registered for at least three full years with any recognised Australian football competition at any level. Carlton used this rule to recruit Setanta and Aisake O'hAilpin, while Sydney Swans rookie Jake Orreal and Collingwood rookie Lachlan Keefe were also taken under the rule."

Also in the article

"It is the first time an established rugby league player has crossed to the AFL since Ray Smith, who played 104 matches (77 with Essendon from 1971-75 and 27 with Melbourne from 1975-76)."
Makes sence, forgot about that rule. Also helps when establishing a salary seeing drafted players get standard salaries don't they?

Taking that rule into account, and the compramised draft in the next few years, will we see a lot of this sort of thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is bad news for anyone btw, who, come 2011, won't want to see me highlight his name when the teams are posted up here and post hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah every single week. I swear I will do it every single time.

Here's a preview.

Team for this week:........K.Hunt.......

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Has anyone even questioned whether he can play?? U14s is a vast difference from senior level AFL. League to union is an easy switch given similarities between game, but league to AFL is another thing.
If GC have paid $500k a year they are completely nuts.

The man has represented Australia in Rugby League so he's got the athlete part covered, will be a good player at VFL level as he's a a natural sportman. Whether he can make it at AFL level will remain to be seen.

Good publicity though

I'm sure most of you lads have seen him play NRL before. ****ing hard as nails.. You'd struggle to find a player who'd give a contest a second thought.. Whether or not he'll transfer over to AFL properly is another story.. But he's tough, can kick, can run, he's agile.. Massive coup.. I also enjoy this more because my GF's father is MASSIVE bronco's fan, so now I can rub it in.

Does anyone know what kind of salary he'll be on?

Karmichael Hunt

Height - 186cm
Weight - 90kgs

You'd think midfielder based on that, and seeing his pace and strength at NRL level before. Not the first time he has alienated people either; caused a bit of controversy when he chose to play for QLD in Origin rather than NZL in Tests.

Hey guys, Bluey Mckenna just said on Fox Sports News that Hunt had a "kick to kick" with Nathan Buckley and Jason McCartney when he was in town for the State of Origin a few weeks ago.

What Bluey said was that Bucks rated Hunt as good or even better then what Marty Clarke was before joining Collingwood a few years ago.

Either way, seems this has been in the "works" for a while.

Gratz to the GCFC.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back