Unofficial Preview Hurtin for Curtin vs Lurcher for McKercher vs Heard Ya! It’s Duursma!

1st Pick

• Curtin

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • McKercher

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Duursma

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 23 21.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And would North bid on Walters?

No way. Suns might pass and take Reid.

Suns landing pick 2 would be massive for their list and new coach.

Walter and Curtin. Plus two other 1st round academy kids.
That’s exactly the point… they’d get a chomp at a top pick potentially before a bid on Walter. If north take Walter they choose to match or take Reid…

That’s exactly the point… they’d get a chomp at a top pick potentially before a bid on Walter. If north take Walter they choose to match or take Reid…
In this hypothetical scenario where GC trade up and then use pick 2, will they still have enough points to match 3 guys in the top 10? Until that's addressed it's not particularly realistic.

Normally I'd say McKercher but the idea of Tasmania being able to take any uncontacted player (for nothing?) has me worried.

Would love it that if he does go home, he treats us right and we get the best possible deal ala the Judd trade.
Feels like there’d always be some compo. Any precedents for GWS/GC? What did Geelong get for Gab

Feels like there’d always be some compo. Any precedents for GWS/GC? What did Geelong get for Gab

Couple of first rounders. That ended up back at Gold Coast:

GEELONG recruiting boss and list manager Stephen Wells is adamant the Cats extracted the maximum value from the two first-round compensation picks they received for Gary Ablett in 2010.

Wells handed the second compensation selection to Gold Coast on Wednesday as part of the deal that has brought Suns midfielder Josh Caddy to Geelong.

Back in 2010, the Cats also sent the first compensation pick to Gold Coast as part of a move to trade their way up the draft order.

Geelong received selection 15 in return and used that pick to draft emerging midfielder Billie Smedts.

Last edited:
Pick McKercher and assuming he has a good first year, put a good contract offer in front of him. If Tassie wants him, they can pay for him.

Curtin looks really nice, but I'm generally pretty reticent about grabbing a KPD that high in the draft. As a general rule, there is a much greater difference in output between a midfielder taken in the top five and pick ~40 than key defenders taken in those positions. Jacob Weitering is good (really good in fact) but there are plenty of defenders at the level of say Sam Collins or Harris Andrews taken in the mid to late stages of the draft. As we all know, Jeremy McGovern was a rookie selection but admittedly that level of rookie selection is much harder to find these days.

The above being said if North go with McKercher then I think I'm going Curtin with #3.

FWIW given McKay is probably out the door, seems a strong bet North will go like for like and pick Curtin.

Couple of first rounders. That ended up back at Gold Coast:
A lot of Geelong's trading and drafting has actually been quite average in the last decade. What got them another flag was Selwood and Hawkins maintaining elite level for years, Dangerfield for free (who was also elite) and great use of the rookie list. Even then, they only just jagged one before they fell off the cliff this year.

Cameron was a good trade but they paid a high price for him.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carbine Chaos Double melt incoming? Or is that melt-squared? Big footy to crash around 8:30pm if we win.
It's either we get Reid and 19 (my preference) or I'm around 600 up (put some on us this week too) so I guess I win either way.

I do expect us to win tonight so the sting won't be as pronounced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back