List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't have a clue, i'd say it would be a 3 way trade as well, not sure what yous get, Harrison Wigg maybe involved and you'd get third or fourth rounders i'd say for Hodge and Poppy...

I hope we don't trade Poppy if 4th round garbage is all we are going to receive, rather keep him for another couple of seasons given he's happy to stay.

Is it possible that both the Lions and our club have had a deal penned for weeks without letting on? They have drawn it out, released conflicting statements, allowing the trade period to almost finalising before actioning a deal where we get either Shack or 1st round picks for Hodge+Hartung+ steak knives and picks, all the while the Lions keep the compo and add quality and leadership to their list?

If this transpires then GW needs a monument erected at Dingley.

This is what I'm thinking as well.
A fragile Schache, Poppy to the Crows, Cameron to the Lions, Hartung, Wx, Hodge....
This will be a last minute deal as it will have a lot of fine points to make this look valid & not a well orchestrated list manipulation & compo route.
Throw in Gibbs to the Crows, Kennedy to the Blues & compensation to the Giants there will be a massive amount of calls to get through to get all of it done with all parties satisfied.

Just so happens that we delt with Carlton last year who delt with GWS & Fages n Clarko happen to be long time mates... who both know Bolts & Cameron very well.

This is far from over in my opinion

Mitchell5 Poppy talk growing, bickley on 5aa said hes heard crows are after poppy :D cant take his word for it but i hope we are into him
Poppy is exactly what Adelaide needs... Along with Gibbs. And Adelaide have the draft picks to make it happen. We will see if they have the stones to "overpay", as Hawthorn seemingly did in its premiership window, to get the players they need to win a premiership.

Last edited:
I hope we don't trade Poppy if 4th round garbage is all we are going to receive, rather keep him for another couple of seasons given he's happy to stay.

Poppy love's this post!

Paul+Puopolo+AFL+Rd+13+Hawthorn+v+Essendon+5t3F35ZLkM8l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen numpty, I said we poked our head over the edge (early season form) and it wasn't pretty. I didn't say we are gone, I didn't say we have fallen off a cliff.

I am right, we saw the cliff and it was damn ugly, did you not watch the Saints demolish us in Tassie?

Just because half of our season was good, doesn't eliminate the absolute garbage we dished up. Age demographics of our list is skewed, it needs to change.

Right. I'll pass that onto Graeme Wright. Best he gets his act together.

This is what I'm thinking as well.
A fragile Schache, Poppy to the Crows, Cameron to the Lions, Hartung, Wx, Hodge....
This will be a last minute deal as it will have a lot of fine points to make this look valid & not a well orchestrated list manipulation & compo route.
Throw in Gibbs to the Crows, Kennedy to the Blues & compensation to the Giants there will be a massive amount of calls to get through to get all of it done with all parties satisfied.

Just so happens that we delt with Carlton last year who delt with GWS & Fages n Clarko happen to be long time mates... who both know Bolts & Cameron very well.

This is far from over in my opinion

Hope you're right mate!

Both GWS and Adelaide should be presenting Poppy with offers too good to refuse.
Don't get me wrong, after Cyril, Poppy is my favourite player. If he stays a Hawk for his afl career I'm happy.

I hope he stays too, unless theirs an offer for us to good to refuse, as i believe that he's still got at least 2 if not 3 good years of burst speed, and good footy left in him compared to a lot of our other ageing players!

Last edited:
Mitchell5 Poppy talk growing, bickley on 5aa said hes heard crows are after poppy :D cant take his word for it but i hope we are into him

Poppy would be perfect for you guys. A real fighter that always punches above his weight and never backs down against bigger opponents. Betts Poppy and Cameron is a fair small forward set up!!!!

Poppy would be perfect for you guys. A real fighter that always punches above his weight and never backs down against bigger opponents. Betts Poppy and Cameron is a fair small forward set up!!!!

Well we wont have Cameron, Crows board are filthy at even the possibility of him being recruited.....How would you rate Puopolo's year, he played 15 games for 19 goals....wouldn't call that a bad year especially where you guys finished either and the injuries that kept him out of the team

Haven't followed the goings on with Jeff too closely. Has he made any statements regarding the trading of premiership players like he did years ago?

Given all the talk and the bold statements pre Jeff, wondering if his second coming had an immediate influence?

All predicated on not getting Gibbs if I read it correctly. And finding a replacement for Charlie Cameron if you decide to trade him. Not sure what Adelaide could offer us that would be of any help. Adelaide have picks 10, 16, (let's say the trade Cameron for pick 18, 54, 73 and 91.

We won't take 54 outright for Poppy, and Adelaide are not going to want to give up pick 18 for Poppy and our pick at 44.
Brisbane could potentially give up 12, but Adelaide can't offer anything better than 43 in return.
That gives us picks 43 and 44 which does not equal a thing better than about pick 30.....which does not equal Schache.
I don't think we should be looking to dip into next years picks for Schache. To many decent prospects coming through next year.

The only way I can see Poppy getting to Adelaide is if Adelaide are prepared to give up their future 2nd (which should be a pick in the 30's, perhaps with something in the 50's coming back to Adelaide. I can't see your future 3rd and 54 (this year) getting it done.

I am not sure if I can see any of those scenarios unfolding quite frankly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back