List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um considering Reid is very, very likely to come to us via FA, no, not getting Gunston wouldn't be the end of the world. Of course we could use Gunston, which is why we are prepared to give up a goal kicking inside mid who was taken at pick 5 and really hasn't done much wrong.

There's 0 chance we give up De Goey+1st this year for Gunston. Even De Goey for Gunston is a stretch for us given how many opposed on our board. Gunston is a good player but he seems to only thrive on being in a great side, he really hasn't shown that he's capable of holding down a key position role when the delivery isn't as great as it was at Hawthorn during 2012/2013/2014.

I mean seriously De Goey is 2 cm shorter than Gunston and 6 kgs heavier, Gunston probably won't ever be a proper key forward which is what we're looking for. De Goey on the other hand looks like a player projecting to be the next dangerfield, a goal kicking contested bull, although probably won't reach the same height.

Personally I'd much, much rather someone like May for De Goey OR our 1st round pick and just bring in Reid as a FA. Like I said before, Gunston would be a nice fit for our list, but by no means are we desperate to get him.

I'm sorry but did you just compare Reid to Gunston? lol

If given the choice I'd rather see Breust being traded then Gunston. I don't want to see either player leave, but Gunston has more scope for improvement and is our best forward. Also factor in Roughead likely to retire either next season or the year after and it doesn't make sense to trade Gunston who's the kind of player you can build your forward-line around.

Gunston's not a key forward. You build your forward around key forwards for mine, not third talls.

Um considering Reid is very, very likely to come to us via FA, no, not getting Gunston wouldn't be the end of the world. Of course we could use Gunston, which is why we are prepared to give up a goal kicking inside mid who was taken at pick 5 and really hasn't done much wrong.

There's 0 chance we give up De Goey+1st this year for Gunston. Even De Goey for Gunston is a stretch for us given how many opposed on our board. Gunston is a good player but he seems to only thrive on being in a great side, he really hasn't shown that he's capable of holding down a key position role when the delivery isn't as great as it was at Hawthorn during 2012/2013/2014.

I mean seriously De Goey is 2 cm shorter than Gunston and 6 kgs heavier, Gunston probably won't ever be a proper key forward which is what we're looking for. De Goey on the other hand looks like a player projecting to be the next dangerfield, a goal kicking contested bull, although probably won't reach the same height.

Personally I'd much, much rather someone like May for De Goey OR our 1st round pick and just bring in Reid as a FA. Like I said before, Gunston would be a nice fit for our list, but by no means are we desperate to get him.

Cool. Collingwood can keep DeGoey and Hawthorn can keep Gunston. Everyone's happy. I'm sure Sam Reid will solve Collingwood's dire KP problems, what with him looking to break the 20 goal mark for the first time in 5 years and for the second time in his career :rolleyes:. Or maybe DeGoey will do it himself, what with being a similar size to Gunston and all. I'm sure his back to back to back 50+ goal seasons are imminent (something only one Collingwood player has managed this century).

I'm sorry but did you just compare Reid to Gunston? lol
I can compare Liam Shiel to Pendlebury if I really want to, what's your point lol.

But no, I'm comparing the contribution of Reid and Gunston to our team relative to their price. If Reid gets us 35-40 goals a year and doesn't cost any players/picks, that's better than Gunston getting us potentially 50 goals a year costing us the equivalent of a first round pick.

I can compare Liam Shiel to Pendlebury if I really want to, what's your point lol.

But no, I'm comparing the contribution of Reid and Gunston to our team relative to their price. If Reid gets us 35-40 goals a year and doesn't cost any players/picks, that's better than Gunston getting us potentially 50 goals a year costing us the equivalent of a first round pick.
Has reid kicked that many in his career?

Gunston's not a key forward. You build your forward around key forwards for mine, not third talls.

He hasn't played as the third tall forward since 2013. He's played mainly as a lead-up center half forward with some stints across half back. There's no reason he shouldn't be classified as a key forward when he has the size and strength to take a lot of marks and be a true focal point. Last season he was ranked number one for marks inside 50 and ranked two in contested marks and despite Roughead's absence Gunston thrived being the number one target.

Hahahaha did he just say Reid can even possibly kicking 35-40 goals in a season! I know we suck at the moment but he cant compare gunstall and Reid, very funny stuff

Are you lost?

Would love to get Sam weidemen to Hawks. Would melbourne consider gunners for him?

I don't rate Weidman at all.. there's a lot more at Melbourne I'd prefer over him, Jayden Hunt being top of the pops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't rate Weidman at all.. there's a lot more at Melbourne I'd prefer over him, Jayden Hunt being top of the pops.
The kids only 20 and will be a star. I know we highly rate him as he spent a lot of time at Waverley under Roughy's tutelage as a junior

The kids only 20 and will be a star. I know we highly rate him as he spent a lot of time at Waverley under Roughy's tutelage as a junior

I'd give my left nut for Darcy Fogarty, 6ft3 mid/forward.. mix Ollie Wines with Petracca and you have Fogarty. Top 5 selection this year, shattering.

Jeez, love this thread. OPPO supporters making up trades that won't happen, telling us we have no "power" in the negotiations.

I'm actually laughing out loud right now. Bigfooty...faark

Jeez, love this thread. OPPO supporters making up trades that won't happen, telling us we have no "power" in the negotiations.

I'm actually laughing out loud right. Bigfooty...faark

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
it's pretty good value, especially when the posters from our board get upset that someone proposed something stupider than their own proposal thus stealing their thunder and chance to argue the merits of their deal

Yeah Woo, let's be HARD!

Why don't we get Clarko to come out and say:

"Everyone except X is up for trade, cause we reckon others can do it better"

When was the last time your boss, partner, or parent said to you:

"Mate, I thought you were going to be great, but I reckon I can do better, so ima trade up at the end of the year. If I can't swing it, your still my favorite yeah?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmon mate, there's a big difference between posters on a forum having an opinion and the coach coming out swinging. Geez we are getting precious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back