Ian shuttleworth joins crows

Remove this Banner Ad

We seem to have a stack of ex-media staff at AFC.

Would have thought we would need more business/operational people ... but gather spin is more important than anything else...

Would have thought we would need more business/operational people ... but gather spin is more important than anything else...

He's been appointed General Manager Media Relations, in what possible world is giving that job to a (now ex-) journalist a bad thing? I wouldn't want a business/operations person anywhere near the role, they tend to have little to no public relations skills and lurch from self made crisis to self made crisis as they say all the wrong things to all the wrong people.

He's been appointed General Manager Media Relations, in what possible world is giving that job to a (now ex-) journalist a bad thing? I wouldn't want a business/operations person anywhere near the role, they tend to have little to no public relations skills and lurch from self made crisis to self made crisis as they say all the wrong things to all the wrong people.

Totally agree.

Personally, I think this is a great appointment as we are operating in a highly competitive market and Shutts would be one of the best media connected individuals operating in SA, and would be well known throughout Australia.

With a bit of luck we might actually hear Shutts spreading the word on behalf of the Crows on the airwaves in future rather than the pompous self righteous tones of Trigg or the man with the cure for all insomniacs, the boring dreary Phil Harper.

Spin is one major department our Club has been failing on - unfortunately perceptions count.
Look at how the other mob have portrayed such a positive spin on anything and everything.

I have no issue with a media person for this role - it makes sense & Shutts seems a good operator ... but how many ex-media people do we have now at AFC & how many do we need!

More than we have competent operational staff - that is my issue.

I have no issue with a media person for this role - it makes sense & Shutts seems a good operator ... but how many ex-media people do we have now at AFC & how many do we need!

More than we have competent operational staff - that is my issue.
Who are the ex media people at the Crows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shutts has my dream life..... Works for the Crows, is a MFS fire fighter.......

My dream life would be to commentate on Crows games and to get paid. Life would be good. Could do that to the day I died. I admire that Crows lady that Sando picked up isnt she about 100??? Damn and still sharp too. Respect.

My commentary would be full of swearing and screaming lol and silence when we are being smashed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back