Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next 3 weeks is the Ultimate Vic Troll Quest to stick it up the VFL:

Geelong MCG
Collingwood MCG
Richmond MCG

If we do that the VFL + media can never criticise us again..
Except your order is wrong... would have to be:

Geelong MCG
Richmond MCG
Collingwood MCG

Not sure if this has been noted before:

A couple of questions here:
1. What is the definition of "support" or "supporter" here?
2. I have never been surveyed/interviewed before and hence I assume the figures in this article was dervied from samples. I would love to hear how this can be done without bias.

Roy Morgan: "Would you like to take a survey?"
Random Sydney Resident: "Uhh sure, I guess."
RM: "Thanks. Which AFL team do you support?"
RSR: "Uhhh, Sydney? I guess? Do we have a team?"
RM: *ticks 'Sydney'* "Are you a member of the Sydney football club?"
RSR: "Nah mate, I'm a Rabbitohs supporter."

Roy Morgan: "Would you like to take a survey?"
Random Sydney Resident: "Uhh sure, I guess."
RM: "Thanks. Which AFL team do you support?"
RSR: "Uhhh, Sydney? I guess? Do we have a team?"
RM: *ticks 'Sydney'* "Are you a member of the Sydney football club?"
RSR: "Nah mate, I'm a Rabbitohs supporter."
I'd suggest what they do is just multiply the number of respondents to their survey who said they support the swans by the population of NSW. So, 100 people surveyed and 15 people say they like the swans, they take the population of NSW (7,500,000) x 0.15 = 1.125 million. Point is, Sydney doesn't care about AFL. One only has to watch a half empty SCG to realise this.

Okay, different sport but tonight this what Channel 7 Perth had to say about the cricket;

"Australia has retained the Ashes...it's first time in 18 years they've won a series in England"

Okay, different sport but tonight this what Channel 7 Perth had to say about the cricket;

"Australia has retained the Ashes...it's first time in 18 years they've won a series in England"
I find a lot of people struggle with retaining trophies vs winning series.

Just another quirk of the great game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might get howled down for this, but can we agree to implement some kind of threshold for posts in this thread?

Half of the stuff that gets posted in here comes across as WA whingeing pettiness - tie colours, Vic newspapers pumping up their teams, typos in articles, etc. Come on guys.

Last edited:
I might get howled down for this, but can we agree to implement some kind of threshold for posts in this thread?

Half of the stuff that gets posted in here comes across as WA whingeing - tie colours, Vic newspapers pumping up their teams, typos in articles, etc. Come on guys.
Its the internet.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Half of the stuff that gets posted in here comes across as WA whingeing - tie colours, Vic newspapers pumping up their teams, typos in articles, etc. Come on guys.

Can we setup an Incompetent Post thread for this post (and half of my own)?

Whinging about whinging. Classy. ;)

With the amount of players they've both poached, it's kind of a quasi Gold Coast vs GWS grand final match up that everyone feared.

Yay for backdoor Victorian club development zones.

Just looked it up & it's actually crazy how the split has happened. Gold Coast players go to Richmond, GWS players go to Collingwood.
Lynch, Caddy, Prestia vs Treloar, Adams, Hoskin-Elliott.

Then again, we seem to get pretty decent Brisbane players come here.
Yeo, Redden, DDDDDALZIELL!

No one mentioned this incompetence yet from The West on Saturday?

hN5MAvk.png

I've called out stuff like that before, people don't like it :)

Totally agree though, half the stuff on here isnt "biased or ncompetent or inciteful' - people are allowed to tip other teams to win a game for example.
Another example, I made a post going through every "Sliding Doors" post last year, and almost every week was spot on about the Eagle - and generally positive - despite people on here deriding it every week. The overall theme was if JK was fit the Eagles would win the flag, which is what happened. He jumped on the Eagles bandwagon very early in the season - yet people still thought he hated us. *shrugs

Can we setup an Incompetent Post thread for this post (and half of my own)?
It's a legitimate complaint.

Let's have more of the inciteful "Lingy lobbying for NN to be banned for tossing midget in unprovoked act" and less of the "zomg West Coast was given 5% less airtime than the other finalists on AFL 360 last night "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back