If you could take 1 player from another team

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You were being cocky... or know little about these 4 teams!

Even Melbourne could find a player from every other side that would improve their team.

Jordan Butts would also be handy to sure up the Bulldogs defence.
Glorious melt over a a very innocuous post just listing some examples of players (key defenders and rucks.)

Last edited:

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Can't believe Langdon hasn't been named given he's apparently the best wingman in the competition 👌

Seriously, Rowell for mine is the one. Tigers need a key forward as we move forward but I reckon Rowell is special. More so than Walsh (who is already a fantastic player).

Either of the Kings would be welcome however. Or Naughton.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Walsh or Clayton Oliver or Petracca

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The best pick for North would be a key defender with plenty of years to give so maybe Sam Taylor or Ben King.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Harris Andrews or Luke Jackson.

Though you couldn’t go wrong with any young tall. Can never have enough talented big men.

1. Touk Miller - Suns
2. Oliver - Melbourne
3. Stewart - from Geelong
4. Cameron - Brisbane

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles

Sam Walsh
Bontempelli
Luke Jackson

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree with most Dees in the thread re: Harry McKay or Ben King.

Both would have instant impact in the T. McDonald/Weideman position.

Other than that I'd take a Macrae/Lukosius/Dale/McCluggage/Kelly/Keays type to add some additional run and carry and add to the midfield rotations.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I‘m not cocky. I‘ve listed players I would take that would improve or be beneficial for us.

If the club I listed didn’t list a player, I’m not saying the team is sh*t or that we are too good for them, just don’t think there is a player that fulfils what we need at the moment.
it was a bizarre post. I can only assume you really don’t have much understanding of other teams lists whatsoever, which is alright, but why not state that instead of you wouldn’t take any player from that club?

You don’t think several clubs have a single player that fits a dogs need?
You’ve never heard or Jordan butts or doedee, who would be outstanding fits for the dogs? And all the other clubs you claimed as well lol
Rory Laird would walk into your team.

Stewart from the Cats.

King from Gold Coast.

McEvoy from Hawks would give you a decent ruckman.
the worst team ever would have a player or two capable of walking into the best team ever. I’m baffled by his post. Crows has 2 defenders that are a massive need for dogs.
You could have just posted this in the first place instead of whining that I was being cocky.

Laird and Stewart = possibly. I very much rate Stewart.

Already posted that I would take King.

McEvoy I suspect is well past his best.
I can’t understand your rationale

you listed Robbie gray as the player you would take from port, gray is physically cooked and has been getting by for years now on sublime talent.

then you argue that you wouldn’t take mcevoy cause he’s cooked. ..???

Grays not remotely close to the player any person should logically target from port in this hypothetical. Choosing him then saying mcevoy is too cocked shoes a massive lack of awareness of players around the league and where they are at currently.

Yes clearly you’re right.

By stating that I thought that four teams did not have players that fulfilled our needs, clearly I think that my team is the greatest ever, cannot be improved in anyway and has no holes in it.

Despite claiming in the thread that we need a ruckman or key defender

Im guessing you saw my post, saw that I didn’t list an Adelaide player and your typical SA chip on the shoulder was telling you here’s another Victorian who thinks he’s superior to us, how typical etc.

You can always get on the blower to KG and Cornesy if that’s the case.
This posters criticism of your take in this thread is entirely warranted.
you claimed that you wouldn’t take any players from a handful of teams as they wouldn’t make you better.

It showed a massive lack of understanding.
The best pick for North would be a key defender with plenty of years to give so maybe Sam Taylor or Ben King.
Sam Taylor would be a great choice as a piece to build a backline around for years…

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Yes, Harry McKay is the one. I haven't written off Weideman, although it's becoming doubtful. 2022 is make or break for Sam.

The not so funny thing is that they came from the same draft just a few picks apart. And we had the choice. You can't win them all.

A silky skilful runner through the midfield also wouldn't go astray.

Josh Kelly comes to mind. Especially his second half of the year. But there may be others.

How would Heeney changing on-ball with Petracca work ?

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
it was a bizarre post. I can only assume you really don’t have much understanding of other teams lists whatsoever, which is alright, but why not state that instead of you wouldn’t take any player from that club?

You don’t think several clubs have a single player that fits a dogs need?
You’ve never heard or Jordan butts or doedee, who would be outstanding fits for the dogs? And all the other clubs you claimed as well lol
the worst team ever would have a player or two capable of walking into the best team ever. I’m baffled by his post. Crows has 2 defenders that are a massive need for dogs.

I can’t understand your rationale

you listed Robbie gray as the player you would take from port, gray is physically cooked and has been getting by for years now on sublime talent.

then you argue that you wouldn’t take mcevoy cause he’s cooked. ..???

Grays not remotely close to the player any person should logically target from port in this hypothetical. Choosing him then saying mcevoy is too cocked shoes a massive lack of awareness of players around the league and where they are at currently.

This posters criticism of your take in this thread is entirely warranted.
you claimed that you wouldn’t take any players from a handful of teams as they wouldn’t make you better.

It showed a massive lack of understanding.
Sam Taylor would be a great choice as a piece to build a backline around for years…

1. I was accused of being cocky.

Cocky = hur hur my team is so good, as if we need a player from _____

Not even close to true. The thread is about players you’d take from another team if you had the chance and I listed a bunch of them, why would I do this if I were cocky?

2. There’s plenty of posters in this thread who haven’t listed a Bulldogs player they’d take. Do you see me caring or going “Oh, so there’s not one player you’d take from a Grand Final side, hey! Pretty cocky hey!”

It simply doesn’t bother me and I don’t care.

3. As you’re a Port supporter I’ll trust your judgement on Robbie Gray re: his injuries etc but from my viewing of Port in 2021 he’s still very good, and one of my favourite non Dogs players so that’s why I chose him.

4. My opinion on McEvoy is just that, an opinion. Doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong or that I wouldn’t take him at the club.

It’s not really that big a deal viewing one player as close to cooked and not viewing another as cooked is it?

5. I also didn’t list Petracca, Buddy Franklin, Joel Selwood, Darcy Parish or Scott Pendlebury etc as players I’d take, this doesn’t mean I don’t think they’re great or don’t think they’d be excellent at the Bulldogs.

The thread is about one player you’d take from each club, I named a few and missed a couple from a couple of clubs, it doesn’t mean I don’t rate Doedee or any player at the Crows or the Cats

Again, some posters haven’t listed a Bulldogs player they‘d take, do you think I’m sitting here thinking that they don’t think we’re any good or have no good players?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1. I was accused of being cocky.

Cocky = hur hur my team is so good, as if we need a player from _____

Not even close to true. The thread is about players you’d take from another team if you had the chance and I listed a bunch of them, why would I do this if I were cocky?

2. There’s plenty of posters in this thread who haven’t listed a Bulldogs player they’d take. Do you see me caring or going “Oh, so there’s not one player you’d take from a Grand Final side, hey! Pretty cocky hey!”

It simply doesn’t bother me and I don’t care.

3. As you’re a Port supporter I’ll trust your judgement on Robbie Gray re: his injuries etc but from my viewing of Port in 2021 he’s still very good, and one of my favourite non Dogs players so that’s why I chose him.

4. My opinion on McEvoy is just that, an opinion. Doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong or that I wouldn’t take him at the club.

It’s not really that big a deal viewing one player as close to cooked and not viewing another as cooked is it?

5. I also didn’t list Petracca, Buddy Franklin, Joel Selwood, Darcy Parish or Scott Pendlebury etc as players I’d take, this doesn’t mean I don’t think they’re great or don’t think they’d be excellent at the Bulldogs.

The thread is about one player you’d take from each club, I named a few and missed a couple from a couple of clubs, it doesn’t mean I don’t rate Doedee or any player at the Crows or the Cats

Again, some posters haven’t listed a Bulldogs player they‘d take, do you think I’m sitting here thinking that they don’t think we’re any good or have no good players?
You made some bizarre claims and somehow instead of recognising or admitting fault you’re going round in circles.
You didn’t just list a bunch of players you would take (some of which were bizarre choices) you listed a handful of clubs and stated you wouldn’t want a single player from those clubs.
it showed a massive lack of understanding of your own list and other lists.

Just learn from it and walk away.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Ben McKay.

Would make great book ends

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
That’s it, stamp your feet really hard, you’ll feel better.
Give me all your B graders and above and I’ll give you all our C graders and below. I’ll willingly keep Gary Rohan to sweeten the deal!

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harry Mckay.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sean Darcy.

Fat Tony!

Team Captain
May 17, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
The only sensible answer is Petracca, Oliver or Bontempelli if picking for next year. Walsh, Jackson or Max King would be my picks if picking for the long run.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Sean Darcy easily

Back