If you had a choice

Which would you rather

• Crows win flag in 2015 - Dangerfield leaves

• Crows don't win flag in 2015 - Danger stays and potential for multiple flags

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Flag. Not even a contest if you're considering the hypothetical correctly.

I'm actually of the belief if we did that he would absolutely leave. He's not staying for his mates over his family. If he stays its to win a flag with his mates. If he achieves that... the other stuff becomes far higher priority I would suggest. I actually think its one of the big reasons he always said 'end of season'.

With the current form of the Crows being up and beyond that of the Cats, there are in my opinion 2 possibilities than can happen with the Dangerfield scenario. My parents (both crows supporters) have argued about this and Im curious what the wider fan base thoughts are on it.

If, Crows form continues into September, and against all odds you become premiers for 2015, Dangerfield will leave the club for sure. He has had team success, so the lure to move to a Geelong side potentially on the slide won't have the negative connotation of maybe never winning a flag, and family pull will be too much.

If, however the Crows don't win the flag this season, then I think Danger will stay, as team success is a lot closer for the crows than it is for Geelong and given you are on the verge of doing something, the family pull will be weakened a little. After all don't they play for team success?

So my question is this: Which would you rather, win the flag in 2015 and loose Danger, or don't win the flag this season, keep Danger and potentially win multiple flags in the future with Danger in the side?

My dad goes for option A, says a flag now is more important that potential flags, but mum the romantic thinks keeping the side together is better and more chance for multiple years of success.
You do realise that we are likely to finish 8th and if Geelong had won on Friday and WCE hadn't dropped their bundle we might not have even qualified for finals don't you?
There's a difference between optimistic and deluded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back