In what round will Tyson Stengle actually know the words to the Club's song ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Matty Stokes used to mumble his way through the club song after a win? I think his motivation was a personal one of shame after the 2008 Grand Final though, and how he went ahead and played injured.

I also might be remembering that wrong!!:drunk:
I thought it was because of the drug thing, and he didn't feel worthy yet.

On the club song thing, love the lyrics, hate the tune. Love the idea of a song, but with that music it's half chant, half 'let's get through this as fast as possible' :)
Maybe a rewrite using jazz chants or something.
One of my favorite stories on this forum includes the song. One of you wrote about a trip to the UK, during an International Rules series. He was walking around by the pubs post match and decided to belt out the We are Geelong, when suddenly he was grabbed by Cam Ling from behind. "That's not how you sing it, THIS is how you sing it"... or words to that effect. Effing loved it. :laughv1:

On the club song thing, love the lyrics, hate the tune. Love the idea of a song, but with that music it's half chant, half 'let's get through this as fast as possible' :)
Maybe a rewrite using jazz chants or something.
One of my favorite stories on this forum includes the song. One of you wrote about a trip to the UK, during an International Rules series. He was walking around by the pubs post match and decided to belt out the We are Geelong, when suddenly he was grabbed by Cam Ling from behind. "That's not how you sing it, THIS is how you sing it"... or words to that effect. Effing loved it. :laughv1:
There is nothing wrong with the tune but you are right. They shout it rather than sing it, and too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back