News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Longer has only played 1 game though. He won't make you any money if you bring him in this week, while Redden & Big O have B/E's of -17 & -36 both should make another 20-30k this week. If you're going to trade out one of them for Longer at least do it when he's on the bubble FFS.

Re-read the last 6 posts. They are ALL talking about downgrading to Longer after next week.

Trouble is Redden won't even be close to topping out, and his bye makes it less attractive. There are worse trades though, if he does well in Leuy's absence.

It would certainly make my life a little easier this round if Goodes gets off.... or more painful should he fail.

I have the Nat Fyfe dilemma - to keep if he plays on or not to keep, plus 3 suspensions hanging over my head all from just this round gone. (Goodes, Lake and Grimes)

So glad i changed my mind from having Looey in my team at the last minute.

Can he be out for two if he loses his case? That would be hillarious. He should have taken the one week. But being the AFL lovechild im sure he'll get off :rolleyes:
Nope - thats why he is challenging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at school and youtube is blocked so I can't see it, what exactly did he say? Cheers.

I am no doctor but he said it was just a 'subduction' in the shoulder and Fyfe himself said he feels fine. The surgeon gave it the all clear and the club is likely to get a second opinion.

Looks very positive at this stage.

But Port will get its senior ruckmen back soon. The bye doesn't worry me so much as Mummy and Kreuz can ruck it up in round 11.

Good for you, but not so good if you have Cox, Mumford, Giles and Redden, or Cox, Giles, Stephenson and Redden. Too bad Longer's playing already ...

I'm still confused as to what Goodes was reported for in the first place. Surjan had the exact same sliding motion but got to the contest half a second earlier. The impact on Bruest was far worse... jumping into a contest with your knees out towards a players unprotected head, yet thats just an accident.

Surely with the head being so protected they couldn't honestly expect Goodes to dive in head first?

I'm still confused as to what Goodes was reported for in the first place. Surjan had the exact same sliding motion but got to the contest half a second earlier. The impact on Bruest was far worse... jumping into a contest with your knees out towards a players unprotected head, yet thats just an accident.

Surely with the head being so protected they couldn't honestly expect Goodes to dive in head first?

Goodes needs to keep his feet to contest as he is second at the ball.

In the Breust incident both players had eyes only for the ball. Martin only dropped the mark because of the collision. That makes it a fair contest. Are you sugesting players can't jump for a mark now?

Goodes needs to keep his feet to contest as he is second at the ball.

In the Breust incident both players had eyes only for the ball. Martin only dropped the mark because of the collision. That makes it a fair contest. Are you sugesting players can't jump for a mark now?

Not at all. I'm just merely pointing out how half a second can make a huge difference. Imagine Bruest got to the ball half a second earlier took the mark and the crows player jumped into him and knocked him out. Would that be a reportable offence?

I just think these things need to be taken into account. Rub out the head high bumps and cheap shots, not accidents when trying to win a contest.

Goodes keeping his feet = broken leg. Just ask Barlow.

Or jumping over the player on the ground to avoid contact. Or seeing that the Port player was going to ground, slow up and go for a holding the ball. There are heaps of options if you keep you feet when you know you'll be 2nd to the ball.

Could he have slid into the contest if Surjan was on his feet head over the ball to pick it up?

The AFL wants to stop the 2nd player sliding into a contest.

Or jumping over the player on the ground to avoid contact. Or seeing that the Port player was going to ground, slow up and go for a holding the ball. There are heaps of options if you keep you feet when you know you'll be 2nd to the ball.

Could he have slid into the contest if Surjan was on his feet head over the ball to pick it up?

The AFL wants to stop the 2nd player sliding into a contest.

I saw the future at half time on Saturday.

So Freo is getting a 2nd opinion on Fyfe.

No word if Birchall will play or not.

Goodes is contesting and could get 2 matches.

It will be a fun Friday evening before lock out.

Goodes will only miss 1 match even if he contests the charge and loses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back