Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles are playing this Nic Nat injury right up. We will see him come September.
If anything we have a history of actually playing injuries down. Don’t see why we’d bother intentionally talking up how our most marketable and influential player is out for a lengthy period of time, only for him to line up in 2 weeks. Think you’re living in denial. I’ve mentally prepared for him to not come back at all and if by some chance he does then I’ll be as happy as anyone.

So which player is going to have an unexpected injury 2 hours before the North game?
Always a "late out"

Its never a fringe player either... "Eagles lose star/key forward, defender, before bounce"

Weve done well to cover really

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its like 2017 where we were all hoping theyd bring back NicNat for that Port final.

Its such a shame. He is a huge difference. I really hope one of these new ruck kids or even Vards steps up and has a big impact with Hickey over the end of the season.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just think the club wouldn't give false hope if it wasn't a real possibility.

I think he plays again this year.

Mini preseason for 3 or 4 weeks leading into finals. And hey presto we are in the middle of a three peat.

I thought the exact same thing watching it live. The opposing momentum from both players had a Rohan leg break written all over it. The umpires were baffling (for both sides) yesterday.
The umpring overall this year has been pretty s**t and inconsistent.

They were ******* s**t when we played collingwood. Alot of baffling calls/non calls

Nic isn't playing again this year, no matter how much the club try to spin it.

They should just acknowledge it and move onto what should be his goals for season 2020:
1) Getting him lighter (5-8kg)
2) Having a full preseason
3) Getting him to a point where he is capable of playing 70% of game time. If he sits out the rest of the year (highly likely), there should be no excuses for next year. Get him absolutely cherry ripe for the season proper. If he is truly fit, we cant be having this situation for another year in a row where he is being paid $700k+ to play half a game every weekend.

Hopefully Nic can get back to his best next year

They should just acknowledge it and move onto what should be his goals for season 2020:
3) Getting him to a point where he is capable of playing 70% of game time. If he sits out the rest of the year (highly likely), there should be no excuses for next year. Get him absolutely cherry ripe for the season proper. If he is truly fit, we cant be having this situation for another year in a row where he is being paid $700k+ to play half a game every weekend.

Whatever mate ... HT has called it.

Now we've heard it straight from Nic's mouth, I don't have any issues with them rolling the dice as they've done.

From both the club's perspective and his own it makes sense, premiership windows do not last forever, he's on the back end of his career and there are only so many years where you find yourself in a position where flags are possible. Even if he has a stellar 2020 there's no guarantee West Coast will back up and be top 4 again.

At the end of the day, two weeks isn't going to make a huge difference if he ends up going in for surgery after all, so why not give him a chance. If there's any hope at all he can put together 3-4 good weeks at the end of this season, when we are in a position where a flag is a realistic possibility, * me, let's take it. Hell, if he comes back and helps us set up a PF berth we wouldnt otherwise have got to and then breaks down again it's worth it.

Sadly I think we are well past the point where it's realistic to think he's going to suddenly have a dream preseason, and string together multiple injury free seasons in his career, given how he plays the game it's just not going to happen.

For me if Nic Nat is willing to roll the dice he really SHOULD at least play the Preliminary to see if his body holds up. If he gets through that then i would confident he can play the game out in the GF. WC are not stupid and would never play a player if they thought they couldn't perform GF day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky or not, would be a miracle for NN to see out his contract. At least Williams looks hopeful. Hope that the paycut was significant.
Yeah 3 years seems a bit excessive for a 29/30 year old that hasn’t played for 3 years.. Even if it is Nic Nat. Maybe there’s a coaching option in there if he retires early?

Did have a random thought yesterday that there’s a possibility maybe he’s had enough? And if at the end of the year if he ends up having to go for surgery again he’ll just call it a day, could be why they’re pushing so hard just to get him up for finals and not really worried about interrupting his preseason. The English stuff today put a bit extra on that. Obviously just guessing and joining dots that may not even be there but I would’ve thought it’s at least a distant possibility.

On AFL360 last night, they mentioned that the Eagles have lost 50+ hours due to lower leg/foot injuries this season, and the national average is like 7.5. Unbelievable! And we are still sitting 2/3 on the ladder. Great effort by the club. I just hope we get everyone fit and back on the ground real soon.

No way he is on $700K per year anymore. I suspect part of the club agreeing to a three year deal might have been to reduce his amount per year but give him more overall. I'd be pissed if they're paying him more than about $300K - his body is clearly shot and I think it is very unlikley he sees out three more years.

For me if Nic Nat is willing to roll the dice he really SHOULD at least play the Preliminary to see if his body holds up. If he gets through that then i would confident he can play the game out in the GF. WC are not stupid and would never play a player if they thought they couldn't perform GF day.

Agreed provided they put him through the WAFL first. Lets be real - most players on a list will say they're ok to play a prelim even if they had a leg chopped off the week prior. If Nic can get through a WAFL match on the same minutes that he is expected to play in the AFL, then fine. Otherwise send him in for surgery.

Agreed provided they put him through the WAFL first. Lets be real - most players on a list will say they're ok to play a prelim even if they had a leg chopped off the week prior. If Nic can get through a WAFL match on the same minutes that he is expected to play in the AFL, then fine. Otherwise send him in for surgery.

Agree. I just hope Nic Nat is honest with the coaching staff in the leadup to the game.

Also lets say we have settled with O Allen and Hickey and then come the Prelim he gets dropped for Nic nat and then Nic nat gets injured in the first few minutes and we lose the game buy a goal.... i would be pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back