Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Niall, in The Age today, said that one of the options the AFL is considering is very similar to the article a couple of posts above. Apparently, the higher seed of each final matchup could have their choice of the current venues.

They did point out that the GF could not be held in Perth under the current border restrictions, unless there was a bye before the GF, which is probably unlikely when they want to end the season ASAP. But WC could choose the Adelaide Oval, for example.

So after the siren goal at the Adelaide Oval against Port to win the premiership? Sounds good to me.

So after the siren goal at the Adelaide Oval against Port to win the premiership? Sounds good to me.

After the siren Lycett rips his Port top off to reveal a WC top and starts dousing himself with West end bitter and screaming : " Up the F*****N coasters.

In his article did he mention that, because the govt is allowing teams to play echother in quarantine, both teams could fly in to Perth and play straight away? As they'd both be in quarantine, they wouldn't have to hang around for 2 weeks before playing.
Imagine if the boys win a flag while being a week into Quarantine? The party back at their hotel would be epic, because they wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere else!

In his article did he mention that, because the govt is allowing teams to play echother in quarantine, both teams could fly in to Perth and play straight away? As they'd both be in quarantine, they wouldn't have to hang around for 2 weeks before playing.

Yeah, that’s true.

I guess that’s possible if we travelled the week before. Either because we could only ‘choose’ to play a home final at another venue, or we were due to play ‘away’ anyway.

Jake Niall, in The Age today, said that one of the options the AFL is considering is very similar to the article a couple of posts above. Apparently, the higher seed of each final matchup could have their choice of the current venues.

They did point out that the GF could not be held in Perth under the current border restrictions, unless there was a bye before the GF, which is probably unlikely when they want to end the season ASAP. But WC could choose the Adelaide Oval, for example.

Essentially we won’t get the AFL grand final because we won’t let in AFL dignitaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thought this article was quite interesting.

This stat tipped the last three premiers. It says only three AFL teams can win it all

Only three teams are in the right form to win the 2020 AFL premiership, according to a stat that has helped predict the last three premiers.
The team on Fox Footy’s On the Couch have revealed which teams have met the ‘premiership profile’ over the last six rounds - and the top two sides on the ladder Port Adelaide and Brisbane haven’t.

They revealed only West Coast, Geelong and Richmond are currently ticking the right boxes to win the flag.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...0/news-story/d1ce45ef3111bb82cad8d2157664b922

Thought this article was quite interesting.

This stat tipped the last three premiers. It says only three AFL teams can win it all

Only three teams are in the right form to win the 2020 AFL premiership, according to a stat that has helped predict the last three premiers.
The team on Fox Footy’s On the Couch have revealed which teams have met the ‘premiership profile’ over the last six rounds - and the top two sides on the ladder Port Adelaide and Brisbane haven’t.

They revealed only West Coast, Geelong and Richmond are currently ticking the right boxes to win the flag.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...0/news-story/d1ce45ef3111bb82cad8d2157664b922

On the Couch do some good analysis. Browny and Healy keep it pretty balanced, too. Lyons been going after the AFL for all the cheap shots lately which is also good.

Compared to Bounce, the shows couldn't be any more different.

Footy analysis aside, On The Couch never plays the Eagles song but Bounce seems to play it every episode, so that is reason enough to avoid Bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a media coverage as such, but I liked Jacko’s presser today. He seems settled this year, now he’s playing more of an active role and able to get involved in the play as an attacking HBF. Had the conversations we needed to have with Simmo about taking the next step and he’s doing it this year.

Him, Cole & Duggan do seem like best mates, so hopefully that means our running defenders are sorted for the next 6-7 years.

Not really a media coverage as such, but I liked Jacko’s presser today. He seems settled this year, now he’s playing more of an active role and able to get involved in the play as an attacking HBF. Had the conversations we needed to have with Simmo about taking the next step and he’s doing it this year.

Him, Cole & Duggan do seem like best mates, so hopefully that means our running defenders are sorted for the next 6-7 years.

Yes, he speaks very well, not full of umms or errs.

Hands up if you don't love Mitch Robinson :)

AFL 2020: Mitch Robinson rips into ‘w***er’ Tom Lynch

Tom Lynch is doing his reputation no favours and at least one rival is prepared to call him out on it.
The Richmond forward was slapped with two $1000 fines for striking Sam Collins and Jarrod Witts in the Tigers’ win over Gold Coast on Monday — a punishment that comes after Lynch was fined in Round 10 for shoving the head of Brisbane star Alex Witherden into the ground.
The 27-year-old was also mocked for feigning to clip Collins, only for the Suns defender to not flinch at all — drawing comparisons to Kobe Bryant’s famous blank stare reaction to a Matt Barnes ball fake.

Lynch left the Suns to join Richmond in 2019 and won a premiership in his first season in the yellow and black, but he’s come under fire this season for creating more headlines with “cheap shots” than shots at goal.
It seems like Lions tough nut Mitch Robinson can’t stand it, as he appeared to take aim at Lynch during a live video game streaming session on Twitch.
Replying to a comment from a streamer that said Lynch is the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time), Robinson said: “Is he? Do you know him do you, f***head?”
Responding to other comments, Robinson added: “He went to a good team to get success, that’s what he did. He went to a premiership team and thinks he’s that good.

“He just does my head in. He’s a w***er.”
Those remarks come after Robinson trolled Lynch on Twitter, referencing his ugly head shove on teammate Witherden as the Lions star reacted to the footage of Collins not batting an eyelid.

Melbourne great David Schwarz said on 3AW radio yesterday Lynch will win “goose of the year” if he keeps behaving like he is.
“I think what’s happened to Tom is he’s been told by someone at the Richmond Football Club, ‘Tom, I want you to go out and be a bit more aggressive because I reckon you’re not showing enough bite’,” Schwarz said.
“I’d grab him by the throat if he was my opponent and just let it be known. Young Collins clearly didn’t enjoy it, but Lynch has been doing this for three or four weeks.”

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson also took aim. “If Tom Lynch was a mate of mine I would sit here right now and say, ‘Mate, you’re being a d****, what are you doing?’” Robinson said.

“‘If you don’t care what people think, no problem. But as a great mate of yours I’m telling you that everyone’s thinking you’re a d****bag for what you’re doing at the moment’.
“To go up and (feign) to hit Collins, that made him look like a fool. Why are you acting like this? Play hard, tough football, earn respect. At the moment he’s losing respect.
“He can live with that, that’s up to him. He’s a good person Tom but he’s just acting really badly on the field.”

I don't mind Mitch Cleary's work but Hurn?
Bunga's fallen off a cliff from last year I think.

All-Australian form: The players from your club who are a chance

At the halfway point of an interrupted, ever-changing, yet highly entertaining Toyota AFL Premiership Season, AFL.com.au's reporters identify which players could be in the running for an All-Australian jacket.

West Coast

Andrew Gaff
His 23.9 disposals per game has him on par with his numbers from his most recent All-Australian year of 2018 (30.7) when extrapolated to normal game time (extra 25 per cent).

Shannon Hurn
Why couldn't the former skipper make it three consecutive blazers? He hasn't lost a thing defensively and his 15.6 disposals fall just shy of his 21.2 from 2018 when 'normalised' due to shorter quarters.

Tim Kelly
Has been a key driver in the Eagles' 7-0 run after a slow start. An outside chance to make the squad but a strong end to the year will only help. Needs to hit the scoreboard more with just three goals to date after 11 at this point last year.

Josh Kennedy
Three goals behind Coleman Medal leader Tom Hawkins with an extra game up his sleeve. Has hauls of seven, four and four against top eight sides Collingwood, Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Nic Naitanui
After a proper pre-season for the first time since 2016, Naitanui has re-established himself as the premier tap ruckman in the competition. Should add to his blazer collection he started in 2012.

Brad Sheppard
Been so good in defence that he's even snuck forward for goals in back-to-back weeks. A squad member last year, this could be his year to earn a spot in the 22. Second in the competition for marks.

- Mitch Cleary

At the halfway point of an interrupted, ever-changing, yet highly entertaining Toyota AFL Premiership Season, AFL.com.au's reporters identify which players could be in the running for an All-Australian jacket.

West Coast

Andrew Gaff
His 23.9 disposals per game has him on par with his numbers from his most recent All-Australian year of 2018 (30.7) when extrapolated to normal game time (extra 25 per cent).

Shannon Hurn
Why couldn't the former skipper make it three consecutive blazers? He hasn't lost a thing defensively and his 15.6 disposals fall just shy of his 21.2 from 2018 when 'normalised' due to shorter quarters.

Tim Kelly
Has been a key driver in the Eagles' 7-0 run after a slow start. An outside chance to make the squad but a strong end to the year will only help. Needs to hit the scoreboard more with just three goals to date after 11 at this point last year.

Josh Kennedy
Three goals behind Coleman Medal leader Tom Hawkins with an extra game up his sleeve. Has hauls of seven, four and four against top eight sides Collingwood, Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Nic Naitanui
After a proper pre-season for the first time since 2016, Naitanui has re-established himself as the premier tap ruckman in the competition. Should add to his blazer collection he started in 2012.

Brad Sheppard
Been so good in defence that he's even snuck forward for goals in back-to-back weeks. A squad member last year, this could be his year to earn a spot in the 22. Second in the competition for marks.

- Mitch Cleary

NN & Shep should make the team, JK maybe if he keeps up his scoring.
TK & Gaff to the squad, Hurn no chance.

NN & Shep should make the team, JK maybe if he keeps up his scoring.
TK & Gaff to the squad, Hurn no chance.

Agreed with this. I had Hurn as a potential out earlier on in the year. His disposal number may be similar, but way less aggressive.

NicNat to get his second AA. One AA doesn't do his career justice to this point. 2x AA and a flag is getting closer to what he deserves

West Coast

Andrew Gaff

Shannon Hurn

Tim Kelly

Josh Kennedy

Nic Naitanui

Brad Sheppard

- Mitch Cleary
JK will be a lock if he keeps up the top of the Coleman (or even wins it). Shep should be in (or at least the squad) and NN is a good chance.

I don't think the others will get near it. TK is not dominant enough (mid is the hardest position to be in), Gaff as well. Hurn has gone from awesome to standard, won't even get a look in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back