Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
I’ve won the same number of Brownlows as Jobe Watson

Speaking of Brownlows.

LUKE Shuey is the Brownlow smokey no one is talking about.
His influence is demonstrated in a number of different ways. He wins his own footy, breaks lines out of the middle, can penetrate with his carry, tackles and impacts on the scoreboard.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Speaking of Brownlows.

With Nic back Shueys influence could become all time. He might finish the year very strongly. I reckon Hurn pinched a lot of votes early and my boy Yeo had a ridiculous 4-6 week block to turn our season around before copping a regular tag

DanielKerr4

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2003
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Burnley FC
Speaking of Brownlows.

The only thing I hate about that article is that it keeps quoting champion data, the same champion data that had us as the 11th best list. Grain of salt for me. Happy to keep him under the radar!

The only thing I hate about that article is that it keeps quoting champion data, the same champion data that had us as the 11th best list. Grain of salt for me. Happy to keep him under the radar!

Champion Data rated us 11th best last year before the season started. And frankly I don't think many on here would have disagreed heavily with that supposition. People like to heap s**t on them but many here are hindsight hero keyboard warriors that still think 'kick it long' is a valid congestion busting strategy. Champion Data employ dozens of statisticians and analysts to try and measure the influence of players but in the end players become gods or spuds, coaches become innovative or outdated, and balls bounce one way or the other and only Nostradamus could pick it. It's sport.

Did you pick us to win the flag last year in the pre-season?

Brownlow favoritism ebbs and flows, at various times this season Fyfe, Yeo and Walters have been touted as Brownlow chances due to a burst in form.

IMO Boak or Kelly are the ones to watch as they have been consistent over the whole season. Kelly might get votes taken off him by team mates, so Boak is my tip personally at this stage but just a gut feel.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Champion Data rated us 11th best last year before the season started. And frankly I don't think many on here would have disagreed heavily with that supposition. People like to heap s**t on them but many here are hindsight hero keyboard warriors that still think 'kick it long' is a valid congestion busting strategy. Champion Data employ dozens of statisticians and analysts to try and measure the influence of players but in the end players become gods or spuds, coaches become innovative or outdated, and balls bounce one way or the other and only Nostradamus could pick it. It's sport.

Nah champion data is pretty s**t. We may not have been 11th rank at the beginning of the year but we weren’t far off, add in Melbourne were ranked best list this year.

Think someone also said according to CD we should have only beat Freo by a few goals last weekend.

Stats in general are a s**t way to look at games,
What’s the saying, stats are like a lamp post for a drunk, good for support, but not very illuminating

Brownlow favoritism ebbs and flows, at various times this season Fyfe, Yeo and Walters have been touted as Brownlow chances due to a burst in form.

IMO Boak or Kelly are the ones to watch as they have been consistent over the whole season. Kelly might get votes taken off him by team mates, so Boak is my tip personally at this stage but just a gut feel.

How many games has Boak missed though?

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If Greenwood goes to Yeo (which is highly likely), Shuey could very well collect some more votes this week

Surely Bucks learned his lesson and has Greenwood tag Shuey. If he doesn't he will be BOG.

Although its a bit of a Sophie's Choice. Shuey, Yeo, Gaff. Which 2 do you let off the chain to keep the last one quiet? Gaff could get 40 touches and if Yeo plays like an Angery Boi he'll single-handedly smash the Collingwood midfield and probably kick 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have confused him with Rocky and Ebert. i thought he had missed a few for some reason.

Yeah he's missed a few in previous years, but he's been durable this year and a shift back to the midfield has him in career best form

Obviously take the Fantasy and Supercoach scores with a grain of salt

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

12th best list post flag.

Apparently were are even worse this year.

Sorry to say guys but 2018 is a fluke be lucky to make the finals in 2019.

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U

12th best list post flag.

Apparently were are even worse this year.

Sorry to say guys but 2018 is a fluke be lucky to make the finals in 2019.

Actually fair enough then. Didn't know about the 2019 pre-season rankings.

In the end there are limitations with any statistics-based prediction. I hope we go B2B with 11th and 12th best lists.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle

Yes, but didn't they also rate Melbourne's list as the best at the beginning of the year and ours 12th or something?

I'm not a CD basher, but their player/list ratings are nonsense and just don't apply to a team like West Coast. They don't know how to adequately rate WC as we play a different game.

They reward teams with high possession totals that overuse the footy.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely Bucks learned his lesson and has Greenwood tag Shuey. If he doesn't he will be BOG.

Although its a bit of a Sophie's Choice. Shuey, Yeo, Gaff. Which 2 do you let off the chain to keep the last one quiet? Gaff could get 40 touches and if Yeo plays like an Angery Boi he'll single-handedly smash the Collingwood midfield and probably kick 3.
They didn't tag Yeo in the QF, which is why they tagged him in the GF. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Three of the boys in the top 10.

Also, fair effort by Buddy coming in at 9th.

Speed demons: Every club’s fastest player

THE TOP 10

1 37.40km Oleg Markov Richmond vs. Collingwood, round two 188cm 80kg 23yo
2 36.40km Jason Johannisen Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton, round thirteen 180cm 79kg 26yo
3 35.60km Jack Petruccelle West Coast Eagles vs. Port Adelaide, round five 185cm 80kg 20yo
4 35.29km Gary Rohan Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne, round eight 188cm 86kg 28yo
5 35.28km Liam Ryan West Coast Eagles vs. Melbourne, round nine 179cm 72kg 22yo
6 35.28km Tom Stewart Geelong Cats vs. Gold Coast Suns, round ten 190cm 88kg 26yo
7 35.28km Charlie Cameron Brisbane Lions vs. GWS Giants, round sixteen 183cm 72kg 25yo
8 35.24km Jordan Clark Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne, round eight 185cm 78kg 18yo
9 35.23km Lance Franklin Sydney Swans vs. Richmond, round five 196cm 100kg 32yo
10 35.14km Brad Sheppard West Coast Eagles vs. Collingwood, round three 186cm 80kg 28yo

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner

THE TOP 10

2 36.40km Jason Johannisen Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton, round thirteen 180cm 79kg 26yo
3 35.60km Jack Petruccelle West Coast Eagles vs. Port Adelaide, round five 185cm 80kg 20yo
4 35.29km Gary Rohan Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne, round eight 188cm 86kg 28yo
6 35.28km Tom Stewart Geelong Cats vs. Gold Coast Suns, round ten 190cm 88kg 26yo
7 35.28km Charlie Cameron Brisbane Lions vs. GWS Giants, round sixteen 183cm 72kg 25yo
8 35.24km Jordan Clark Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne, round eight 185cm 78kg 18yo
10 35.14km Brad Sheppard West Coast Eagles vs. Collingwood, round three 186cm 80kg 28yo
6 of the top 10 come from the top 2 teams in the comp.

THE TOP 10

Holy s**t, Buddy.

Nine of them with an average weight of 79kg, and then there’s Franklin...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back